warm-standby and table replication

Hi people,
can we have one source server and three target replicated
servers using one replication server. one of the replicated
database has some tables replicated from source, another two
are warm standby setups.
Just want to ask if its feasible.
Regards
0
HManzer
1/6/2011 7:26:14 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<HManzer> wrote in message news:4d256e96.7a11.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi people,
> can we have one source server and three target replicated
> servers using one replication server. one of the replicated
> database has some tables replicated from source, another two
> are warm standby setups.
> Just want to ask if its feasible.

Can you describe more precies what you want to achieve using
identifiers for your server and database names ?

It's not clear how the databases are related to the 3 servers you are
talking
about and if you want different types of replication for the same database.

lUc.

0
Luc
1/6/2011 9:05:01 AM
> <HManzer> wrote in message
> > news:4d256e96.7a11.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi people,
> > can we have one source server and three target
> > replicated servers using one replication server. one of
> > the replicated database has some tables replicated from
> > source, another two are warm standby setups.
> > Just want to ask if its feasible.
>
> Can you describe more precies what you want to achieve
> using identifiers for your server and database names ?
>
> It's not clear how the databases are related to the 3
> servers you are  talking
> about and if you want different types of replication for
> the same database.
>
> lUc.

one source database lets say: SD1 on ASE S1 on Host H1
one replication server: PRS and one RSSD ASE on Host H2
three target replicated databases from above H1 and H2

1) replicated database TD1 with table replication ON ASE S2
from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
2) replicated database TD2 with warm standby setup
replication on ASE S3 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
3) replicated database TD3 with warm standby setup
replication on ASE S4 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
0
HManzer
1/6/2011 9:30:52 AM
> > <HManzer> wrote in message
> > > news:4d256e96.7a11.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi people,
> > > can we have one source server and three target
> > > replicated servers using one replication server. one
> > > of the replicated database has some tables replicated
> > > from source, another two are warm standby setups.
> > > Just want to ask if its feasible.
> >
> > Can you describe more precies what you want to achieve
> > using identifiers for your server and database names ?
> >
> > It's not clear how the databases are related to the 3
> > servers you are  talking
> > about and if you want different types of replication for
> > the same database.
> >
> > lUc.
> >

> one source database lets say: SD1 on ASE S1 on Host H1
> one replication server: PRS and one RSSD ASE on Host H2
> three target replicated databases from above H1 and H2
>
> 1) replicated database TD1 with table replication ON ASE
> S2 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
> 2) replicated database TD2 with warm standby setup
> replication on ASE S3 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
> 3) replicated database TD3 with warm standby setup
> replication on ASE S4 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD

we have to keep the three replication going at one point in
time from the same source server
0
HManzer
1/6/2011 9:32:21 AM
<HManzer> wrote in message news:4d258bcc.30c.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> <HManzer> wrote in message
>> > news:4d256e96.7a11.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi people,
>> > can we have one source server and three target
>> > replicated servers using one replication server. one of
>> > the replicated database has some tables replicated from
>> > source, another two are warm standby setups.
>>
> one source database lets say: SD1 on ASE S1 on Host H1
> one replication server: PRS and one RSSD ASE on Host H2
> three target replicated databases from above H1 and H2
>
> 1) replicated database TD1 with table replication ON ASE S2
> from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
> 2) replicated database TD2 with warm standby setup
> replication on ASE S3 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD
> 3) replicated database TD3 with warm standby setup
> replication on ASE S4 from S1.SD1 using PRS and RSSD

Ok, so your source database is always the same.

2 and 3 are not possible at the same time, you can only have one
warm standby setup. You can use database replication (MSA)
to achieve this, but if you want to failover to S3 or S4, you will
need to setup bi-directional database replication. I haven't tested
this, but I think you'll need to setup replication between S3 and S4
as well.

Besides database replication, you can also have table replication
to another server, so 1 and 2 work together.

Luc.

0
Luc

suspend replication for tables in warm-standby
Hi, Is it possible for me to suspend replication for a subset of tables in a warm-standby environment? I am running 11.5.1 rep server and 11.9.2 ASE server. The problem is the query is done by the application and we don't want that data to be replicated to the standby server. Since it is done by the apps, we cannot set replication off for that session. Is there a way to do this? thanks, benny I don't think so. The workaround could be, create a new db and move these table to new db. Create view in db 1 to this new db. You are done. No changes to the application, no re...

Warm Standby and Specific table replication
Can I have my primary database being replicated as to a 'warm standby' and also replicate a subset of tables to another replicate? Thanks Lyle Yes. However, if you only did a sp_reptostandby in the db, you will have to additionally do a sp_setreptable on the tables you want as well. LyleNielsen wrote: > Can I have my primary database being replicated as to a > 'warm standby' and also replicate a subset of tables to > another replicate? > > Thanks > > Lyle Additionaly, in RS 12.6, you can actually use the config setting 'r...

Warm Standby Setting Up Table not to Replicate
Hello, What is it that in a warm standby setup even if I set a table not replicate its still replicating? Any config I forgot to change? Chers C "chito" <chito.sd@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:$H89a8cXAHA.162@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > > What is it that in a warm standby setup even if I set a table not replicate > its still replicating? Any config I forgot to change? > Depends how you configured your standby. If you used "sp_reptostandby", the entire database will be replicated, without a need for marking individu...

mixing table replication and warm standby
Hi, Is it possible to create a warm-standby replication from an ASE already having table replication ? I have a central ASE database replicating bi-directionnally with other ASEs in satelite offices. RS version is 12.5. I would like to setup a warm standby from this central ASE database to another location for disaster recovery. Is it possible ? Is it like a classic warm standby setup or is there a special way of setting it ? Thanks. AlainK wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a warm-standby replication from an > ASE already having table replication ? I h...

Table Rep Defs and Warm Standby
I'm creating some table rep defs for my warm standby application. (ASE 12.5.2 & RS 12.6) Do I need to subscribe to the rep defs, or do they just get used automatically. The reason I ask is that it doesn't really look as if my definitions are being used - or I've created the definitions incorrectly. --- CREATE TABLE dbo.TestTextRep ( id numeric(8,0) IDENTITY, thedescription varchar(50) NULL, thetext text NULL, aFlag int ) id is PK. create replication definition TestTextRep_TblDef with primary at hc_log...

Warm Standby with Replication Server/Oracle
Is it possible to set up a pair of Oracle databases, one as the warm standby of the other, utilizing Sybase Rep Server? Has anyone done that in a production env.? I would like to hear opinions from the experts. ...

warm standby without Rep Server
I would like to replicate my OLTP database to a DSS database, but don't have money in the budget for Replication Server. Does anyone have a relatively easy way to use transaction logs to keep a reporting database syncronized with a production database? > I would like to replicate my OLTP database to a DSS database, but don't > have money in the budget for Replication Server. Does anyone have a > relatively easy way to use transaction logs to keep a reporting database > syncronized with a production database? Sure, just write scripts to dump transaction lo...

How to Exclude singe table from Replication Warm standby
Hi All. I have a question regarding Sybase Replication Server. (Could not find proper newsgroup for my question.) I have a warm standby replication between 2 ASE(15.0.2). the Rep is 15.0.1. Can i "check-out" single table from the warm standby database. I want that "all" the database will replication expect one table. what is the command to exclude the table from replication? When running: sp_setreplicate <my table>, false The message says: The replication status for <my table>' is already set to false. Replication status for '<my table&g...

Set warm standby using replication server
Is there paper out there talk about setting up warm standby using replication server? Thanks in advance. Y. M. Zhang wrote: > > Is there paper out there talk about setting up warm standby using > replication server? > Thanks in advance. Take a look at the Replication Server Design Guide which can be found from the Sybooks under the Sybase Web site. Also the Fast Track to Replication Server Administration class from Sybase discusses great details about warm standby. Hope this help! I have some notes that I wrote on the order in which to perform steps...

steps in shutting down rep server with warm standby
Hi, I'm new to rep-server. We've just set-up a warm standby using rep-server. Can anyone pls. tell me the step by step procedure on shutting down the warm-standby system? (what commands to execute to which server (active/standby/repserver). I would like also to know the step by step procedure in starting up the warm standby. <saz> wrote in message news:3f98bfda.2727.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I'm new to rep-server. We've just set-up a warm standby > using rep-server. > Can anyone pls. tell me the step by step procedure on > shut...

How to turn off replication for one table in warm standby
Without using "set replication off", is there a way to turn off replication for one table in warm standby environment? jdenwigr@att.ent wrote: > Without using "set replication off", is there a way to turn > off replication for one table in warm standby environment? Not really if you use sp_reptostandby - however, if using RS 12.6, you can switch to the MSA feature instead of WS - since it uses database level repdef's (along with table level) and the syntax for database level repdef's includes the ability to exclude tables or transactions by nam...

Not to replicate one table in Warm Standby setup
We have a Warm Standby setup and everything replicates fine, but at the monthend one of the table has bottleneck replicating the data, as it is the P&L table, lots of deletion and insertion tables place and deletion takes a long time. Is there anyway to disable the replication for on this table and retain w/standby for the rest? Please advise. Subbu <Subbu> wrote in message news:398553E9FD0E86BF006687E185256C87.0066881F85256C87@webforums... > We have a Warm Standby setup and everything replicates fine, but at the > monthend one of the table has bottleneck replic...

To drop a table which is not in Warm standby server but in primary ase
Hi all Sybase Rep Guru's, Some time back i needed to backup a table so i did it by select * into tbl_name from tbl_name on my primary server which was running on sun solaris 2.7 ase 11.9.2.1 with rep server 11.5.1 later to my notice i saw this particular table was not avialable in my warm standby. Now i want to drop this table as i no long need it but i have not done thinking that when i try to drop this table it tries to drop it in the warm standby also and since it does not find it there it might break the replication on our site which replicates to a reporting server...

Can Warm Standby become Primary for another Rep Server
Hello, We currently have a Rep Server environment with a primary server A and warm standby server B. The Rep Server for this environment is RS1. The equipment lies in LA and we would like to migrate it to Bellevue, WA. The proposal is to build a new warm standby server C and to have the RS1 Rep Server point the warm standby from server B [LA] to server C [Bellevue]. After that I have been asked if it is possible to have warm standby server C for Rep Server RS1 to become a primary for a new Rep Server environment RS2 and a new warm standby in Bellevue called sever D Ulti...

Web resources about - warm-standby and table replication - sybase.rep-server