Upgrade ASE and Rep Server

It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a
job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit.  My question is
do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can replicate
remain 32-bit.  Rep server is on the replicated machine.
TIA
Nick
0
NCousin
4/4/2003 5:07:59 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<NCousin> wrote in message
> It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a
> job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit.  My question is
> do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can
replicate
> remain 32-bit.  Rep server is on the replicated machine.

You can replicate between different versions, e.g. 11.9.2 to 12.0 and
between 32/64bit versions quite freely.

I wouldn't upgrade to the 64-bit version 'just because' - it can actually
run slower than a similarly configured 32-bit version.

Here's the official link about it:  http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1012280

Justin.

0
Jus
4/4/2003 5:49:57 PM
64 to 32 bit will replicate fine.  However Ibeleive the only good reason to
go to the 64 bit version it if you have the memory to able advantage of, can
you allocate over 4 gig to sybase and still run you applications.

"Jus" <jus.cole@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> <NCousin> wrote in message
> > It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started
> > job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit.  My question
is
> > do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can
> replicate
> > remain 32-bit.  Rep server is on the replicated machine.
>
> You can replicate between different versions, e.g. 11.9.2 to 12.0 and
> between 32/64bit versions quite freely.
>
> I wouldn't upgrade to the 64-bit version 'just because' - it can actually
> run slower than a similarly configured 32-bit version.
>
> Here's the official link about it:
http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1012280

> Justin.

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

rep server upgrade
We currently have 4 Sybase Sql servers running 11.0.2.1 and a rep server running 11.0.3. All 4 sql servers act as both primary and replicate dataservers. We want to upgrade to ASE 12.0 and Rep server 12.0. Several questions. Can we upgrade the data servers 1 at a time or do we need to upgrade all at once? Do we need to upgrade the repserver first or the data servers first. Any other issues that we should be aware of in upgrading? you can upgrade in any order, first SQL Server or RepServer and 1 or all at a time. I would suggest first upgrading to ASE 12.0 and RepAgent...

upgrading rep server
when i upgraded rep server from 12 to 12.5(or 12.6) some year back, i pretty much loaded the 12 rssd into the new 12.5 rssd and then booted the rep server and resolved issues to get it working. i hear that there is another way to do this by using some (sybase?) utility to extract all replication objects and recreating them on the new rep server. i think that should work. but any anticipated issues with this? also if the replication enviornment had multiple 12.5 rep servers with routes runing between them and rep servers are upgraded one by one to ver 15, will there be versio...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server & ASE
Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Thanks Mike <mike> wrote in message news:647FED9ABADEFDD80074105285256C72.0074107B85256C72@webforums... > Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE? Yes. ...

Rep Server & ASE
Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server 12.5 work with ASE 12.0? Thanks Mike On Fri, 2 May 2003 14:39:10 -0400, mike wrote: >Does anyone know if Rep Server 12.5 requires ASE 12.5? Or can Rep Server >12.5 work with ASE 12.0? I would check the release bulletins for Rep Server to know for sure. I do know that Rep Server 12.0 works find with ASE 12.5 as long as you aren't using the longer data types available in 12.5. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Hi Mike, We have an instance of the pair(ASE-12_0,REP-12_5) you mentioned below We have ...

ASE and Rep Server Shutdown
Could the group please assist with a response on the proper procedures to shutting down Sybase replication (version 12.0) using rep agents and then shutting down the primary and secondary ASE servers please (version 12.0 and 12.5)? What is the proper method for shutting down the rep server first? Thanks for the feedback, Cynthia What is the purpose for shutdown? There is no incorrect way to shutdown Rep Server anyways, just shutdown it down and it will take care of all the Rep agents, LTM's with it on both the data servers, just that is a thread is reading/writing it w...

Rep Server and ASE compatibility!
Hi All, Can some one help on the following topics. We have SybaseASE 12.0 and Rep server 12.0 running at 5 sites. One Rep server is designated as ID Server. Now we want to upgrade to ASE 12.5 and REP server 12.5 at each site phases say one site in one phase and then second one in second phase. Can some one give a plan...? Also, - Will Repl server 12.0 can communicat with Rep server 12.5 and ASE 12.5 in case one site is upgraded and others are not ? - Do we need to upgrade ID server first or other servers ? Please if someone can help out in this will be highly obliged....

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Web resources about - Upgrade ASE and Rep Server - sybase.rep-server

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

Premium Suite Upgrade for Galaxy SIII (Part 1) - YouTube
Now, you can make your Galaxy SIII even smarter with this Premium Suite upgrade which is designed just for the Galaxy SIII! (Part 1) Following ...