sql-remote between ASE and ASE

hello!
sql-remote  document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE.
i need detail how to do it.

i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2  .
i test it in the list
1�� define messagetype    : smtp
2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name
3�� define publisher,publication,subscription
4��execute  ssremote.exe  to receive or send message
I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database .

please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige.

Thanks a lot ,

0
ydq
2/20/2001 9:17:23 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

ASA To ASE - VS

How to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere CD
Does anyone know how to install the SQL remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD? Below is the document from sybase, You can also install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio install CD. Since the version of the Adaptive Server Anywhere databases that will be your remote databases is decided by the version of the SQL Anywhere Studio CD you have, we recommend that you install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD. By doing this, you guarantee that the version of SQL Remote for ASE is the same as the version of the remote databases being used in your re...

ASE and SQL Remote
Hi all, I=b4m working with ASE to ASE Replication, but with SQL Remote. But I have a problem when I try to replicate a table with identity column, and I get the next error: E. 10/20 17:29:55. central_user: Error 584: Explicit value specified for identity field in table 'sys_cfcvi_contrato_comision' when 'SET IDENTITY_INSERT' is OFF. I appreciate any comments, My best regards, Marco NLTG. ...

SQL Remote for ASE
Hi, How do I install SQL Remote for ASE from the SQL Anywhere Studio CD? Any documentations I can refer to? Thanks. You will need a license key for SQL Remote for ASE in order to install it. Once you enter the appropriate license key in the installer, then the SQL Remote for ASE components will be made available. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8 Sybase Certified Professional Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downlo...

Web resources about - sql-remote between ASE and ASE - sybase.rep-server

SQL Server remote access setup guide
It's great to be able to access your SQL Server remotely, whether during an unexpected emergency or the convenience of working from home. However, ...