Replication Server 15.x on virtulized RedHat Linux environment

I'd like to know if there is any experience out there in
regards of operating Sybase Replication Server 15.x in a
virtualized Red Hat Linux environment?
Any experiences, docs, write ups, gotchas welcomed.
0
Joerg
11/5/2010 10:46:21 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rep Server 12.5 & RedHat Linux 3.X AMD64/EM64T
Hi, My company is evaluating moving from Solaris 8 -> RedHat Linux 3.X AMD64/EM64T. I am curious if RepServer can run on a 64-bit platform such as this? My guess would be that AMD64/EM64T emulate 32-bit so this should not be a problem. We would run ASE for AMD64/EM64T on the same box. Shahryar -- Shahryar G. Hashemi | Sr. DBA Consultant InfoSpace, Inc. 601 108th Ave NE | Suite 1200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 USA Mobile +1 206.459.6203 | Office +1 425.201.8853 | Fax +1 425.201.6150 shashem@infospace.com | www.infospaceinc.com This e-mail and any attachments may ...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

is SAMBA server a ftp server, if not what is the name of ftp server in linux?
Title explains it all, I want to configure and use a ftp server :) -- yasar11732 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Samba allows for file sharing with Windows system. You designate folders which you want to appear as shares to Windows clients on a network. It also includes tools to allow your Linux box to access windows shares on windows systems. If you want to set up an ftp server you might want to look at vsftpd and proftpd - both are available in Yast. There are many tutorials on installing these. Cheers, Lews Therin ...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Novel server to server replication
I wonder how is the best way to set up and run replication between 3 Novel Netware servers, can anyone give me some good advices ? Here are some more information about the case... One server is located on a shore office (Novel 5.1) the two other servers is located on two vessels (Novel 4.11.00) sayling world wide. The users on all the 3 sites are running Novel Groupwise 5.5 as their email system. Each site has a Groupwise post office, which will send/receive mail with other post offices every 8 hours (3 times each day), via satellite system "Inmarsat B". All clients ...

Server to Server Replication with FILE
Could any of you share some experiences using the FILE message type for replication between two NT servers on a dialup connection? Our current dialup scheme uses MAPI with Exchange Server. The advantage here is the main ES will automatically dial the other server, deliver the messages, and pickup any messages. DBRemote at each server then reads their respective mailboxes. We are considering dropping ES and MAPI from the scheme and use FILE. The issue is how to initiate a dialup connection, swap messages, then drop the connection. Thanks, Juan ................ For me the...

Netware Server-to-Server Replication
Hello: I am setting up a replicated SQLAnywhere DB in a company with 10-15 offices running Novell 4.10. I am proposing to place SQLAnywhere server on each Novell server and after determining a hierarchy of server DB's, setup replication across all of them. I will be replicating the data around every hour or so. My problem is I can not find an DBRemote agent (NLM) to run on each Novell server to allow replication. Is Novell server to server replication between SQLAnywhere DB's simply not supported? We are using v5.03. Thanks for time. Greg Norman Epicure -- ***...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

Linux 6.x 7.x client to 5.5.x server
Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? Thanks in advance, Jeff Generally, no; however, you can use OpenClient (ASE's dblib) or JConnect (if you're using Java) to communicate with an Open Server Gateway (dbos50.exe that comes with ASA5.x for NT) as a front-end to ASA 5.5. -john. Jeff Patterson wrote: > Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in > this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Jeff Thanks John. ...

Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux?

Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux?
Hi All, Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux? Thanks. Yes, you just cannot use the new data types in 12.5 "zl" <huarui@xs.hz.zj.cn> wrote in message news:3f25c3a2$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi All, > Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server > Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux? > > > Thanks. > > ...

Replication Server HE 15.2 or 15.5?
Hi folks. We're trying to understand if Replication Server HE 15.2 satisfy our specific requirements. We have a mission-critical 24x7 application with Oracle 10g primary database that we can't suspend or shutdown. We need to setup a mirror of this DB on another server with Oracle 11g and RepServer 15.2. As far as we understand, it's possible only through atomic bulk materialization which requires no DB activities for a while. Unfortunately, it's impossible (real-time application). The main question is how to initialize Replicate database and ma...

Web resources about - Replication Server 15.x on virtulized RedHat Linux environment - sybase.rep-server

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...