Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3

Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication
between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication
Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m
wondering if I�m doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

0
Sybase
4/27/1999 7:52:13 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0
Hi, we have the folowing problem in my company. There is a SYBASE version 11.0.3 installation by one of our customers. My company which is a producing financial software would like to install there Sybase SQL Anywhere (version 5.5.00) as database for our programs. Is it possible to have these two databases on one server (Netware or Windows NT) ? It is an important case for us. Jakub Yes you can run those two together. Just to push the limit I ran SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server all at the same time on my NT Server at home. No complaints from any of the...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

urgent : How to replicate SQL Server 11.0.3.2 to ASE 12.5.x ?
Hi, I still have SQL Server 11.0.3.2 running on DG's UNIX. How could I replicate SQL Server 11.0.3.2 to ASE 12.5.x ? I check the release bulletin of RS 12.5 and RS 12 for product compatibility. It said RS 12.5 and RS 12.6 don't support SQL Server 11.0.x. If it is the true. How can I replicate SQL Server 11.0.3.2 throgh Sybase's technology. If RS 12.5 and RS 12.6 don't support SQL server 11.0.x. Why does it still support ltm program ? I know the best soultion is to migrate the SQL Server to ASE. I will migrate it later but our case need to replicate SQL Server 11....

SQL monitor 11.5.1 on sql server 11.0.3 installation problem
Hello I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. I installed monitor server over the existing /usr/sybase 11.0.3 directory. Now I �m missing a detailed startup configation instruction or the run_monserver file. The interfaces file contains three servers 1. SYBASE .... 2. ehd 3. SYB_BACKUP any help is welcome. Matthias Rabast wrote: > I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 > I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. > I instal...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

Replication Server 11.5
Simply, can I replicate from 11.9.3 to 11.0.3.3 using Replication Server 11.5, warm standby solution with replication definitions? We are in the process of upgrading our production systems to 11.9.3 from 11.0.3.3. Our current scenerio looks like this: Server A : 11.0.3.3 Production ASE/11.5 RepServer Server B: 11.0.3.3 ASE Server C: 11.0.3.3 ASE 1. Currently replicating Server A --> Server C 2. Upgrade Server B to 11.9.3. 3. Replicate Server A --> Server B ** This is where my question fits in--if a "switch" is needed, can 11.9.3 --> 11.0.3.3? 4. Sto...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

Problem with Delphi 3.0 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Hi All ! I have next problem: I have programm writing in Delphi 3.0 and SQL Anywhere server 5.0.3 build #1666 is runnig under Intranetware 4.11 for small buisnes. The client station run with programm on Delphi 3.0, get the Error "Error ! Trying to acsses the page beyond the maximum allowspace ....." or someting like this. The mate is that it's the error with DB Space.(I think so) I think may be it the error in programm but may be in sever. When I shut down server and then restart it - it OK. This error is apearence once a week. What i have to do ? Please help...

BCP of 4.9.2 SQL Server to 11.0.2 SQL Server
We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database. Just knowing of the problems that have arisen lately with regards to the System 11 bcp utility and the fact that 4.9.2 is such an old release, is the above task possible? If not, what is my alternative? Regards, -- Robert C. Marx SQL Financials International 770.291.8506 MarxR@SFI.com Rob Marx wrote: > > We have a client wishing to bcp data out of a 4.9.2 SQL Server database and > bcp the data into an 11.0.2 SQL Server database. Ju...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

Web resources about - Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 - sybase.rep-server

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...

Art & Craft: The Story of an Art Forger Whose Artwork Replication Isn't Actually Illegal
Let me just start off by saying that I don't condone illegal forgery or theft—but I do think that someone who can put the art world in a tizzy ...