Replicating Oracle to Oracle

How do I use replication server to replicate between two oracle databases
when some of the tables to be replicated has no primary key or unique index
constraint?

We'll apreciate your contributions.

Femi Olumofin
Covenant Visions Int'l
+234-1-4976764

0
Femi
4/29/2000 6:03:28 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In Sybase, you can create clustered index on the unique key in the table and
use the unique key as your primary key in the replication definition. It should
work in oracle as well since that functionalilty is built in repserver and not
Oracle.

Bawoni

Femi Olumofin wrote:

> How do I use replication server to replicate between two oracle databases
> when some of the tables to be replicated has no primary key or unique index
> constraint?
>
> We'll apreciate your contributions.
>
> Femi Olumofin
> Covenant Visions Int'l
> +234-1-4976764

0
Oliver

Replication from Oracle to Oracle
I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? Thank you. Femi Olumofin Femi Olumofin wrote: > > I'm about replicating between two Oracle 7.0 databases. What other Sybase > tools do I need apart from Replication agent for Oracle? You'll also need the Replication Server product (duh, Mark?!?!). -- Mark Parsons Pegasys Ltd Hi Femi: Besides Rep Server, you need ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise), DCO (Direct Connect for Oracle), and CIS (Component Integration ...

Oracle-to-Oracle DDL Replication
Hi Guys, I've completed Oracle-to-Oracle DDL Replication successfully by using Replication Agent 12.6. It's really amazing to see data flow from Oracle to Oracle. Regards, -Jayadeva. kr_jayadeva@yahoo.com ...

Replication from Oracle to Oracle using Mobilink
Hello, we have a customer with an Laboratory Information System (LIMS) using ORCALE as Database. Now a second Lims implementation on another site is planed and we have to use Ora again. ( Please don't think we are Ora Fans, all other own build applications use ASA !) So we thout instead of buying expencive replication of Ora we could use Mobilink for two way replication. Has any one experiences in this ? Thanks Heinz-Josef dahlmanns@b-s-t.de MobiLink only support Oracles as a consolidated database, not as a remote. The Sybase option to replicated between two Ora...

oracle -> Replicating ->oracle
Hi Gurus, Can anybody of you please help me find any documents or any help to find out for requirements and installation/design for using Sybase replication between one oracle data server to another oracle dataserver. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Subbu <Subbu> wrote in message news:FE62C669D171E7FF0053424685256B1F.0053425B85256B1F@webforums... > Hi Gurus, > > Can anybody of you please help me find any documents or any help to find > out for requirements and installation/design for using Sybase replication > between one oracle data ser...

PB 5.03 app works against NT Oracle Server but not UNix Oracle Server
As the subject suggests I am able to connect the NT Oracle Server and the application works. If I try to connect to the UNIX Oracle erver.( Both are at 7.3.3 release of Oracle. ) I get the following dialog error: Database transaction information not available. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. Does any one have any idea what may be wrong.. The only thing I can think of is the PB CAtalogs..... Thanks in advance..... I would think you are not connected. Run the application with a trace by setting SQLCA.dbms = trace O73 or use the debugger to check ...

Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server?
Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? Anyone got some experience to share? /Jonas Replication Server is the only way to do this. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Jonas Bonde wrote in message ... >Replication sql-anywhere-> Oracle without replication server? > >Anyone got some experience to share? > >/Jonas > > ...

We're trying to get Oracle::DBD installed on a web server, where Oracle is installed on another server
--=_6D33FB9E.12736E23 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable /*DBD README file says send questions to dbi-users@perl.org and CC them = to me at Tim.Bunce@pobox.com. */ We're trying to get Oracle::DBD installed on a web server, where Oracle is = installed on another server. I read Wintermute's comment in the = README.clients file, but hope there are some standardized instructions on = this by now. Any one have the instructions for this one? My attempst = to build the DBD stuff came up with following error: =20 =20 ...

Oracle <-> Oracle replication limits
Hi Gurus, I 'm looking for informations about Replication between 2 oracle databases. Regarding volumes, is there a limit ? how to improve this limit ? How often does this amount of data can be replicate ? I think that we need to find the good compromise between volumes and replication frequency... Is there any guideline or tips and tricks from REAL EXPERIENCES ? Thanks very much Damien Damien, I'm just a programmer at Sybase so I have no real experience. However, I can say that the question you ask is very open to interpretation, should be qualified by any numb...

install DBD::Oracle on oracle application server
--0-170499284-1237489483=:72024 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable dear group I am trying to install DBD::Oracle on a box that has oracle application ser= ver.=A0 The sqlplus works fine, but i got error=20 Unable to locate an oracle.mk, proc.mk or other suitable *.mk =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 file in your Oracle installation.=A0 (I looked in =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 /usr/local/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/Ora10gSSB_1/rdbm= s/demo/demo_xe.mk /usr/local/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/Ora10gSSB_1/rdbms/li= b/oracle.mk /usr/local/app/oracle/pr...

Problem in replicating CLOB column from Oracle
Dear All, I am trying to replicate a table having a CLOB column from Oracle to Oracle. The problem ofcourse is that its not working!!. No errors but nothing happens. I have used the pdb_setrepcol command on the repagent and i can see that data is moving into the blob shadow table. The rs_writetext seems to be executed as well. But the blob column does not get replicated, all other columns seem to get replicated. I am using DCO v 12.5 for oracle and from earlier posts my understanding is that there is no need to override any function strings to make this happen. Please tell...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 , Oracle 10g server , Oracle 8i client. Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated
Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated. Similar Support Case : CR Number: 386424 Case Number: 11158124 I tried Disableunicode = 1 and not working .Is there any other workaround for oracle 8i client. That case was for Oracle 9i server and 8i client. There was a second workaround which was to use the Oracle 9i client. Not sure if that would work for you since you're on Oracle 10g server. > Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last > character is getting truncated. > > Simi...

replication between MSSql server and Oracle
can repserver be usde to replication betwen MSSql server and Oracle and if so whant other products would I need besides the repserver Thanks My understanding is that logically, as opposed to how this may or may not be packaged for sale, you need: 1. Replication Server (which includes a Rep Server specific license of ASE for the RSSD etc - this need for ASE may change in a near future release based on other threads here). 2. EnterpriseConnect for Oracle 3. EnterpriseConnect for MSSQL The Enterprise Connect products enable rep server (and any other OpenClient applications to...

oracle RAC and Oracle 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM
hi how to perform oracle RAC 11gR2 and Oracle Database 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM on open SUSE 11.1 x86_64?? what short of package to find for oracle ASM and OCFS?? regards -- csayantan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to download the rac and asmlib stuff from oracle. You then need to present san storage to each node. You will then need to stamp each asm lun with /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk NAME /dev/sandevice. -- icorson ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Linux DBD::Oracle to SUN Oracle 8i Server???
Hello all...What I am trying to do is connect to a Oracle 8i database on a SUN server from my Linux workstation. Anyone know how or what is needed to do this? My linux worksatiuon is RedHat 7.2 w/ stock perl install 5.6.0 I tried in the past to build DBDLOracle but I get errors. Not sure what they are off the top of my head. I am going to try some more today but would like to get some input... thanks, -- Bill McClintock - EDMS App/Web Development MCIWorldcom - Colorado Springs (GOG) VNet:622-0054 Local:(719)265-0054 Pager:1-800-PAGEMCI PIN#1686599 ...

Web resources about - Replicating Oracle to Oracle - sybase.rep-server

Self-replicating machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A self-replicating machine is a construct that is capable of autonomously manufacturing a copy of itself using raw materials taken from its environment, ...

Facebook formalizes reciprocity policy and clearly prohibits replicating core features
Facebook today amended its platform policy to formalize its stance toward which types of apps can use its data and when. The company clarified ...

Border Force: NSW Police Commissioner's doubts over replicating Operation Fortitude
NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione says he would need a &quot;heck of a lot of convincing&quot; before he would ever consider an Operation ...

West Indies spinner Devendra Bishoo modest about replicating Shane Warne's ball of the century
Twenty-two years, to the day, since Shane Warne had left Mike Gatting and world cricket in a spin with his so-called Ball of the Century at Old ...

SugarSync Offers the Best Method Yet for Replicating Files
A new service called SugarSync keeps your files replicated and synchronized across all your computers, whether they are PCs or Macs.

Bizarre attack infects Linksys routers with self-replicating malware
Researchers say they have uncovered an ongoing attack that infects home and small-office wireless routers from Linksys with self-replicating ...

The Bookworms Are Replicating: Goodreads’ Membership Has Doubled to 20M
(Photo: Alison Christiana, via Goodreads) Goodreads, the book-focused social network Amazon purchased back in March , just announced that it's ...

Replicating a famous recording single-handedly.
Do you follow an arc from amazement... to finding this man's deep devotion charming... to turn it off — there's something missing that's so important ...

Computer-Designed Synthetic Molecule Prevents HIV From Replicating In Cells
The tech site IO9 reports : European researchers have used a computer to design small synthetic molecules capable of attacking the deadly AIDS ...

Socialcam, A Startup That's Replicating Instagram For Videos, Got 4 Million New Users Last Weekend
Instagram , with 35 million users in two years and a $1 billion exit to Facebook , is a tempting but difficult startup to replicate. A few are ...