Rep Server & ASE

Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE?

Thanks
Mike
0
mike
11/15/2002 9:07:43 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<mike> wrote in message
> Can Rep Server run on the same machine as ASE?

Yes.

0
Jus

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Rep Server on different char set to Primary & W/Standby ASEs
Hello, I am using a single Rep Server (12.6) to share between six W/Standby pairs. The ASE (majority are on 12.5.3) W/S pairs use either iso or utf-8 char set. Rep server is on iso char set. Does anyone know of any issues (other than the informational warning message Rep Server seems to throw in the error log ) when you have the following combination of char sets which 2 of the ASE pairs are on currently. ASE primary and W/Stdby - utf-8 Rep Server - iso_1 Is it wise to have a separate Rep Server to cater for the utf-8 ASEs? Thanks in advance pvenu pvenu wrote: > H...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

ASE and Rep Server Shutdown
Could the group please assist with a response on the proper procedures to shutting down Sybase replication (version 12.0) using rep agents and then shutting down the primary and secondary ASE servers please (version 12.0 and 12.5)? What is the proper method for shutting down the rep server first? Thanks for the feedback, Cynthia What is the purpose for shutdown? There is no incorrect way to shutdown Rep Server anyways, just shutdown it down and it will take care of all the Rep agents, LTM's with it on both the data servers, just that is a thread is reading/writing it w...

Upgrade ASE and Rep Server
It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is do we have to upgrade both primary and replicate to 64-bit or can replicate remain 32-bit. Rep server is on the replicated machine. TIA Nick <NCousin> wrote in message news:EE15DDA47D104B6D005E1D7585256CFE.005E1DB585256CFE@webforums... > It's been a long time since I played with rep server and I just started a > job where next weekend they want to upgrade ASE to 64-bit. My question is > do we have to upgrad...

Rep Server and ASE compatibility!
Hi All, Can some one help on the following topics. We have SybaseASE 12.0 and Rep server 12.0 running at 5 sites. One Rep server is designated as ID Server. Now we want to upgrade to ASE 12.5 and REP server 12.5 at each site phases say one site in one phase and then second one in second phase. Can some one give a plan...? Also, - Will Repl server 12.0 can communicat with Rep server 12.5 and ASE 12.5 in case one site is upgraded and others are not ? - Do we need to upgrade ID server first or other servers ? Please if someone can help out in this will be highly obliged....

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

Web resources about - Rep Server & ASE - sybase.rep-server

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Turkey internet servers under sustained cyber attack: internet body
Turkish internet servers have suffered one of the most intense cyberattacks ever seen in the country over the past week, raising fears Ankara ...

Cock.li e-mail server seized by German authorities, admin announces
(credit: Vincent Canfield ) In a new video statement posted on Monday, the administrator of novelty e-mail provider cock.li announced that one ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

CTERA Unveils Server Data Protection for Enterprise CloudOps
The data protection solution evolves the backup capabilities developed as part of the company’s Enterprise File Services Platform.