rep server 12.6 ERSSD create route problem

Hi,

Any hint for the following please !!

The command 'create route to DEST_RS' gives error

Msg 15484, Level 12, State 0:
Server 'SRC_RS':
Cannot create route from this site because it uses embedded
RSSD.

The id server (SRC_RS), src rep(SRC_RS), and dest
rep(DEST_RS)all use the ERRSD databases to hold RSSD info.

Thanks
0
Hail
4/19/2004 2:45:29 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
619 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

The error messages says it all: you cannot create a route becuase the RSSD
is an embedded RSSD in ASA.  (This is documented, BTW).
A route implies that the RSSD is replicated, and this is currently not
possible for an embedded RSSD. Hence, you cannot create an outgoing route.

If you want create a route, your RepServer must use ASE for the RSSD, so
you'll have to recreate your RepServer from scratch.

HTH,

Rob
-------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Verschoor

Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0
and Replication Server 12.5

Author of "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and
"The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
Online orders accepted at http://www.sypron.nl/shop

mailto:rob@YOUR.SPAM.sypron.nl.NOT.FOR.ME
http://www.sypron.nl
Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The Netherlands
-------------------------------------------------------------

<Hail Schtom> wrote in message news:4083e609.1cfe.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> Any hint for the following please !!
>
> The command 'create route to DEST_RS' gives error
>
> Msg 15484, Level 12, State 0:
> Server 'SRC_RS':
> Cannot create route from this site because it uses embedded
> RSSD.
>
> The id server (SRC_RS), src rep(SRC_RS), and dest
> rep(DEST_RS)all use the ERRSD databases to hold RSSD info.
>
> Thanks


0
Rob
4/19/2004 3:00:08 PM
But till it is provide ERSSD will not very useful. Think
about Basic primary, corporate rollup, distributed primary
fragmented, and warm standby models.

Don't u think its use till that time is highly limited?

Thanks,
Hail

 > The error messages says it all: you cannot create a route
> becuase the RSSD is an embedded RSSD in ASA.  (This is
> documented, BTW). A route implies that the RSSD is
> replicated, and this is currently not possible for an
> embedded RSSD. Hence, you cannot create an outgoing route.
>
> If you want create a route, your RepServer must use ASE
> for the RSSD, so you'll have to recreate your RepServer
> from scratch.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rob
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> --- Rob Verschoor
>
> Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE
> 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5
>
> Author of "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and
> "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
> Online orders accepted at http://www.sypron.nl/shop
>
> mailto:rob@YOUR.SPAM.sypron.nl.NOT.FOR.ME
> http://www.sypron.nl
> Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The
> Netherlands
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> ---
>
> <Hail Schtom> wrote in message
> > news:4083e609.1cfe.846930886@sybase.com... Hi,
> >
> > Any hint for the following please !!
> >
> > The command 'create route to DEST_RS' gives error
> >
> > Msg 15484, Level 12, State 0:
> > Server 'SRC_RS':
> > Cannot create route from this site because it uses
> > embedded RSSD.
> >
> > The id server (SRC_RS), src rep(SRC_RS), and dest
> > rep(DEST_RS)all use the ERRSD databases to hold RSSD
> info. >
> > Thanks
>
>
0
Hail
4/20/2004 9:22:11 AM
I wouldn't call it *highly* limited. Not being able to use routes is a
limitation of course, but there are *so* many replication systems out there
that don't use routes... and those could all run on an embedded RSSD. Also
note that the architectures youo're mentioning don't necessarily require the
use of routes.
Also, keep in mind that the RSSD-in-ASA feature is particularly useful to
shops where RepServer s used mostly for non-ASE databases and where there's
little ASE experience. If this doesn't describe your situation, you can
simply use ASE for the RSSD.

HTH,

Rob V.

<Hail Schtom> wrote in message news:4084ebbe.42ef.846930886@sybase.com...
> But till it is provide ERSSD will not very useful. Think
> about Basic primary, corporate rollup, distributed primary
> fragmented, and warm standby models.
>
> Don't u think its use till that time is highly limited?
>
> Thanks,
> Hail
>
>  > The error messages says it all: you cannot create a route
> > becuase the RSSD is an embedded RSSD in ASA.  (This is
> > documented, BTW). A route implies that the RSSD is
> > replicated, and this is currently not possible for an
> > embedded RSSD. Hence, you cannot create an outgoing route.
> >
> > If you want create a route, your RepServer must use ASE
> > for the RSSD, so you'll have to recreate your RepServer
> > from scratch.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Rob
> > ----------------------------------------------------------
> > --- Rob Verschoor
> >
> > Certified Sybase Professional DBA for ASE
> > 12.5/12.0/11.5/11.0 and Replication Server 12.5
> >
> > Author of "Tips, Tricks & Recipes for Sybase ASE" and
> > "The Complete Sybase ASE Quick Reference Guide"
> > Online orders accepted at http://www.sypron.nl/shop
> >
> > mailto:rob@YOUR.SPAM.sypron.nl.NOT.FOR.ME
> > http://www.sypron.nl
> > Sypron B.V., P.O.Box 10695, 2501HR Den Haag, The
> > Netherlands
> > ----------------------------------------------------------
> > ---
> >
> > <Hail Schtom> wrote in message
> > > news:4083e609.1cfe.846930886@sybase.com... Hi,
> > >
> > > Any hint for the following please !!
> > >
> > > The command 'create route to DEST_RS' gives error
> > >
> > > Msg 15484, Level 12, State 0:
> > > Server 'SRC_RS':
> > > Cannot create route from this site because it uses
> > > embedded RSSD.
> > >
> > > The id server (SRC_RS), src rep(SRC_RS), and dest
> > > rep(DEST_RS)all use the ERRSD databases to hold RSSD
> > info. >
> > > Thanks
> >
> >


0
Rob
4/20/2004 9:37:47 AM
Hail,

> But till it is provide ERSSD will not very useful. Think
> about Basic primary, corporate rollup, distributed primary
> fragmented, and warm standby models.
> Don't u think its use till that time is highly limited?

The use of the ERSSD is actually useful and not really limited.  A lot - if
not most - of the RepServer installations will only ever use one single
RepServer which doesn't require the RSSD to be replicated.
For previous versions that did NOT support the ERSSD, you had to install an
ASE server instance for the RSSD, typically on the same server. Apart from
somebody required to look after the RepServer installation, you also have to
skill them up to be able to do backup and maintenance of the RSSD database
in a separate environment. In short, the additional ASE that's required does
"bloat" the installation and typically hogs some resources on the same
server. Even if an existing production ASE server was used for RSSD, bear in
mind that RepServer does do a fair amount of work in the RSSD, so it does
place more load on the server - it may not be a lot, but it's still there.

The ERSSD database is based on ASA which is a small footprint database with
surprising features and performance, and it comes at a very low cost when
compared to ASE. Apart from just the cost, this step allows for RSSD backups
from within the RepServer interface and not via a separate database server
interface and backup server. This is very useful, especially in
installations where the client does not have existing ASE servers and/or
DBAs looking after the site as it does simplify management quite a bit. The
other nice thing about ASA is that databases can be moved between different
platforms by simply copying the database - no export and import like with
ASE on various platforms.

Compare the performance and cost of the ASIQ server when it was still based
on ASE as a catalog server, vs. the ASIQ which now uses ASA as catalog. My
opinion is that a lot of features and the performance currently available
from ASA was driven by the port of ASIQ. Development and adoption of new
features in ASA takes place at a far quicker pace than within the ASE arena.
In short - do not be surprised if full ERRSD replication and routes follows
within a fairly short timespan ( hint, hint : internal RepAgent for ASA ? .
.. . )

Regards

Carel


0
Carel
4/20/2004 1:31:04 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

ASE 12.0.0.6 to ASE 12.5 and Rep Server 12.1
We are planning the upgrade of our ASE 12.0.0.6 64bit on AIX 4.3.3 to ASE 12.5 64bit on AIX 4.3.3. We are also using Rep Server 12.1 with these two servers. My question is do I need to upgrade Rep Server as well, or will 12.1 Rep Server Work with ASE 12.5. Also, we will be upgrading AIX to 5.1 as well. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Troy It will work, however you wont be able to use any of the 12.5 new datatypes, and the rep_agents will spit out annoying error/warning messages everytime they are restarted. Our production system has been running that way for about ye...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Rep Server 12 Problem
Hi, When I create replication definitions the Inbound queue for that Connection it starts to grow and fills up the RepServer queue. I didn't had Subscriptions. This is RepServer 12.0 for HP-UX. Rui Ribeiro ...

Rep Server 12.5 -> 12.6 Upgrade
Hi, I am scheduled, as part of a big upgrade, to upgrade Rep Server from 12.5 -> 12.6. From what I know I need to do this: 1) Shutdown Rep Server 12.5. 2) Point to the new Rep Server 12.6 directories/environment variables. 3) Run rs_init and choose to upgrade an existing Rep Server. Is that about it? Shahryar -- Shahryar G. Hashemi | Sr. DBA Consultant InfoSpace, Inc. 601 108th Ave NE | Suite 1200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 USA Mobile +1 206.459.6203 | Office +1 425.201.8853 | Fax +1 425.201.6150 shashem@infospace.com | www.infospaceinc.com This e-ma...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Rep Server 12.6 - Solaris
I am trying to come up with a way to measure throughput on the rep server in a format that I can export it to excel so I can graph it. I am hoping that someone has done this before because I am hitting a wall with the manuals. Number of transactions processed, KB processed anything would help. Thanks Ralph > I am trying to come up with a way to measure throughput on > the rep server in a format that I can export it to excel > so I can graph it. I am hoping that someone has done this > before because I am hitting a wall with the manuals. > Number of transaction...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

rep server 12.6 on RH ES 3
Hi, > did anyone installed Rep server 12.6 /32 bits on RH ES v3, are any known > issues I should be aware , any specific cfg parameters...? > > thanks a lot, > Isabella > Hi, > > did anyone installed Rep server 12.6 /32 bits on RH ES > v3, are any known > > issues I should be aware , any specific cfg > parameters...? > > I have installed RS 12.6 on RH EL 3 with no particular issues. Michael We have RS 12.6 on RH ES 3.0 and haven't encountered any problems yet (other than having to navigate through a still very cumberso...

Rep Server 12.6 Crash
Our Rep Server (12.6) began crashing this morning. The error logs dont produce any indication why. We started the server from the command line and received the following error: T. 2005/12/16 14:44:33. (-1): Symbolic stack trace information is successfully l oaded T. 2005/12/16 14:44:42. (89): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIO LATION T. 2005/12/16 14:44:42. (89): Thread USER(OMATTIDE_RS_rsi) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2005/12/16 14:44:42. (89): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2005/12/16 14:44:42. (89): *****thread USER(OMATTIDE_RS_rsi)*...

Rep Server Ver 12.1 Installation problem.
Hi , The following is the error when I try to install Rep Server 12.1 on ASE 12.5 (Evaluation) on win2000 platform. Any Ideas why this error is cropping up ? ASE does not boot at all with the following error after I install rep server. kscsinit: connectivity library error. Operation: cs_ctx_alloc(). Thanks!! R RS12.1 install %SYBASE%\OCS-12_0 and edit enviroment SYBASE_OCS to OCS-12_0 :( If you want to have RS12.1 & ASE12.5 together PC , you must : 1.install RS12.1 (dont configure it) 2.install ASE12.5 & configure it 3.configure RS12.1 with rs_init check y...

Upgrade Rep Server from 12.6 to 15.0.1
Server A: Active ASE 12.5.1 Server B: WSB ASE 12.5.1 and Rep Server 12.6 Since we don't have a test environment, I have to ask several questions about upgrade Rep Server from 12.6 to 15.0.1. 1. Do I have to install software under current rep server directory? (Current rep server is located under /sybase/REP126, Current WSB ASE server is located under /sybase/ASE125) 2. Do I need to shutdown (or put in single user mode) Active and WSB ASE servers during upgrade? During Rep Server installation 3. Do I need to install "Sybase Software Asset Management" even if ...

upgrade REP 12.5 to REP 12.6 + RSSD
Looking to upgrade REP Server 12.5 to Rep 12.6 on Linux RHES,we are using RSSD in ASE vers 12.5.0.1 . My plan is to upgrade the Rep and late on the ASE/RSSD to 12.5.3 will this work? Also I'm looking for the steps to perform this Rep upgrade , will the following be correct ? - install REP 12.6 software in separe directorie -Shutdown Rep Server 12.5. - Point to the new Rep Server 12.6 directories/environment variables. - Run rs_init and choose to upgrade an existing Rep Server. How about RSSD/ASE anything should I run ?? Thank you fro your help, Isabella There are 2 d...

Rep server 12.5.6 on RH ES 3
Hi, did anyone installed Rep server 12.6 /32 bits on RH ES v3, are any known issues I should be aware , any specific cfg parameters...? thanks a lot, Isabella You should post this question in the sybase.public.rep-server forum. Mark Kusma http://www.sybase.com/support/aboutsupport/otherservices "Isabella Ghiurea" <ighiurea@vic.hia.nrc.ca> wrote in message news:42791d33$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi, > did anyone installed Rep server 12.6 /32 bits on RH ES v3, are any known > issues I should be aware , any specific cfg parameters...? > > thanks a ...

Web resources about - rep server 12.6 ERSSD create route problem - sybase.rep-server

Problem novel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class, or proletarian novels are often also social problem novels . This was in many ways a reaction to rapid industrialization , and ...

Where will ISIS attack next? Christmas travel a problem for intelligence agencies
IT’S that time of year when we let our guards down, when we relax and look forward to spending time with our loved ones over the festive break. ...

The Sound of Music review: How do you solve a problem like Cameron Daddo?
They have solved the problem of Maria with the casting of Amy Lehpamer, but Cameron Daddo doesn't cut the schnitzel as a lifelong military man ...

Dot-Sucks Domain Name Not Our Problem, Ottawa Says 2
The Canadian government has washed its hands of the "dot-sucks" controversy, as the new internet domain name begins to take root beside the more ...

Breitbart contributor says mass extinction via climate change isn’t a problem because of Jurassic Park ...
... about how science works. It did not go well for him: A Breitbart "journalist" claimed extinctions caused by climate change aren't a problem ...

Lawler: "Yes, Houston will have a problem next year"
Some thoughts on the Houston housing market from housing economist Tom Lawler: Earlier this week I sent out a message with a link to the Houston ...

Court secrecy is a dangerous problem
Recently unveiled documents in the Remington faulty-trigger case show court secrecy can lead to unnecessary deaths, says Arthur Bryant.

Yesterday’s technologies, today’s problems
When I first heard the story, I didn’t believe it. I mean, really, a Paris airport forced to shut down because a computer running Windows 3.1 ...

Michael Moore Reveals European Solutions To American Problems
... that we as Americans should also enjoy: free (University) education, child care, maternity leave, paid vacation, health care for all. Problems ...

The New York Times Has a Source Pollution Problem
A certain kind of source has burned the paper more than once this year. The New York Times has a serious source pollution problem. As is now ...

Resources last updated: 12/21/2015 3:22:40 PM