Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server

I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database.
Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0
Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database
running
on the NT Sybase Server.
But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message:
00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server  Started Rep Agent on
database, 'db' (dbid = 12).
00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server  RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent
Thread
 will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s).
(RepSvr
 = REP_ffxautodev).
Do you have any idea?
There are following char set warnings in Replication Server errorlog:
W. 2001/11/16 13:24:04. WARNING #13092 DSI(104 SGENT4.db) - eue(4634)
        The Data Server 'SGENT4' is using the 'roman8' character set for
Database 'db'. The Replication Server is using the 'cp850' character set.
Unexpected results may occur.
W. 2001/11/16 13:24:04. WARNING #13092 DSI(105 SGENT5.db) - eue(4634)
        The Data Server 'SGENT5' is using the 'roman8' character set for
Database 'db'. The Replication Server is using the 'cp850' character set.
Unexpected results may occur.
Could this be related?
0
MArabacioglu
11/16/2001 9:10:39 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

    it cannot be related. Do you have NT servers in the interfaces on HP ?
Can you isql to NT's ASEs from HP ?
Peter

MArabacioglu wrote:

> I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database.
> Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0
> Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database
> running
> on the NT Sybase Server.
> But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message:
> 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server  Started Rep Agent on
> database, 'db' (dbid = 12).
> 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server  RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent
> Thread
>  will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s).
> (RepSvr
>  = REP_ffxautodev).
> Do you have any idea?
> There are following char set warnings in Replication Server errorlog:
> W. 2001/11/16 13:24:04. WARNING #13092 DSI(104 SGENT4.db) - eue(4634)
>         The Data Server 'SGENT4' is using the 'roman8' character set for
> Database 'db'. The Replication Server is using the 'cp850' character set.
> Unexpected results may occur.
> W. 2001/11/16 13:24:04. WARNING #13092 DSI(105 SGENT5.db) - eue(4634)
>         The Data Server 'SGENT5' is using the 'roman8' character set for
> Database 'db'. The Replication Server is using the 'cp850' character set.
> Unexpected results may occur.
> Could this be related?

0
Peter
11/16/2001 9:20:44 PM
Thanks Peter, interfaces entry for REP Server on NT box was incorrect. I am
impressed.
0
MArabacioglu

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep server 'hangs' with message 'waiting for server ... to boot'
When I install rep server for warm standby purposes, the message Waiting for server '<servername> ' to boot ... keeps returrning during the installation. On OS level I see three processes: sybase 10535 8082 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/i sybase 10537 10536 0 08:17:20 ? 0:01 /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/bin/repserver -Seinnl126_sybrep -C/opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ ins sybase 10536 10535 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ins What is it ...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Client on Server can't connect to other Server?
Hey there Got an app installed on one of our servers (Only Client installation of ASA 9.0) I tried to connect from this server to another in the same network. First i thought it would be the missing patched installation. Cause the server is 9.0.2 and the client was installed with 9.0 files. So I updated the client installation, but still no connection. Also tried ODBC instead of our app. this database server gets connected by several workstation in the same network. All works properly. But that one says always he wouldn't find the server! Any ideas? Thanks Ravag...

REp Server doesn't start
Hi I have a big trouble. I can't get to start up the replication server. In the errorlog doesn't appear any error message. After to start the SQM for REP.cob_conta_rep, the reaplication server doesn't respond...I can't get to log on to the replication server. What happened? This is the errorlog: Copyright 1992, 1998 Sybase, Inc. All rights reserved. Unpublished rights reserved under U.S. copyright laws. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of Sybase, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation by the...

Can't connect Win2000 server to Netware 4.2 server
Hello, I am trying to connect from a Windows 2000 server to a Netware 4.2 server I installed the gateway with the proper NW server name. When I try to map a network unit F: I get back always unclear and weird errors like missing credentials and so on. I tried also this unsuccesfully net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator password ERROR 1219 net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:cn=administrator password ERROR 1219 net use F: \\NWSERVER\VOL1 /user:administrator.o=company password ERROR 5 Another importante questions: Could I use NW client 4.83sp1 or 4.9 on Win2...

rep server agent
Hi, > > I am a Unix admin working on a disaster recovery plan. I hope to > implement HP mc/serviceguard, which apparently handles stopping and > starting Sybase just fine. I am told however that we need an agent to > stop and start the Sybase Replication server within the mc/serviceguard > script. Where can I find this agent? > > Thanks. > > jim_spencer@scudder.com ...

Web resources about - Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server - sybase.rep-server