renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions

Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com
From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org>
Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100
--text follows this line--
Hello,

I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of
managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0)

There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the
form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form
ase server names also mentioned in <sourceX>.DB as primary and
<destinationY>.db in the definitions.

Some time ago these servers (machines) were renamed to shorter (more logical
names) Smm and Dnn and I would like to rename the definitions and
subscriptions to reflect the new naming scheme.  We also need to
rename the ase servers to put the names in line with the new machine
names. (sp_addserver ?)

Are the any tools to allow me to rename a primary or secondary server
to use the new names, short of unsubscribing and undefining the
various definitions? (I have nearly 200 definitions, not all of the
exact same format and more subscriptions, and the current scripting
environment we use makes this process very slow and error prone.)

If I have to do this manually using rs_init to add new primary and
secondary data servers is there any way I can script the required
additions?

Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.

Simon Mudd

0
Simon
3/27/2004 6:07:11 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't think there is any tool to do this. You will have to
go by dropping and recreating all rep defs and subs and
connections. If you are not averse to keeping the old
servername in the Rep Defs and Subs, you can simply create
an alais with the old servername in the interfaces file.

> Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server
> Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com
> From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org>
> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100
> --text follows this line--
> Hello,
>
> I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the
> task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and
> repserver 12.0)
>
> There are various flows and I have replication definitions
> of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the
> form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and
> destinationY are various ase server names also mentioned
> in <sourceX>.DB as primary and <destinationY>.db in the
> definitions.
>
> Some time ago these servers (machines) were renamed to
> shorter (more logical names) Smm and Dnn and I would like
> to rename the definitions and subscriptions to reflect the
> new naming scheme.  We also need to rename the ase servers
> to put the names in line with the new machine names.
> (sp_addserver ?)
>
> Are the any tools to allow me to rename a primary or
> secondary server to use the new names, short of
> unsubscribing and undefining the various definitions? (I
> have nearly 200 definitions, not all of the exact same
> format and more subscriptions, and the current scripting
> environment we use makes this process very slow and error
> prone.)
>
> If I have to do this manually using rs_init to add new
> primary and secondary data servers is there any way I can
> script the required additions?
>
> Thanks for any pointers or suggestions.
>
> Simon Mudd

0
Sukhesh

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Server Consolidation then Server Rename?
We are upgrading from NW5.1 sp6, edir 8.7.1 to NW6.5 sp2 8.7.3 at several sites, required to go to new hardware and end up with the original server name in the end. Can anyone think of a reason we can't use Server Consol. from server OLD1 to NEW1, then do a rename on NEW1 back to OLD1? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks, Theresa I basically did that in the past for a client that demanded about zero downtime. By installing to a new server name then using a 3rd party tool to synch the data during the day and then one last time at night, I was able to limit down...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

server to server migration
I want to move an old server that is currently patched with NW6sp3 and BM3.7sp2 server to a new server. I don't believe the migration utility moves BM. What's the best method to migrate? This box has the certificate server, filters, SurfControl and WebAccess installed. Thanks. In article <RgATa.21575$2k7.18225@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > I don't believe the migration utility > moves BM. What's the best method to migrate? This box has the > certificate server, filters, SurfControl and WebAccess installed. Thanks. > Y...

server to server sync
HI, I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers and basically I just need to sync the files on occassion. Any help Appreciated Raymond raymond3402@yahoo.com wrote: > I was wondering what I need to install on neware 6 to be able to > communicate between two servers at 2 dif locations. I want to sync files > on a machine in one city to another city. Both machines are file servers > and ba...

Server-to-server FTP
Hi -- Does anyone have any recommendations for server-to-server FTP components? I have files on my web server that need to be FTPed to another server. Thanks, Scott Isaacs - President, Wisconsin .NET Users Group www.nsoftware.com IP*Works. expensive, but really really good. or of course you could just roll your own...RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

transferring from server to server
I've just finished making a page and testing it and everything and i wanted to load it onto the final server. Our computers are networked and i have been making everything on my laptop--where i downloaded all the requirements to make it act as the server so i could make the page. My question is how do i get the page up and running on the internet from this network. For some reason, everytime I've started webmatrix after the first time i logged on to start web application under the asp.net web matrix server, not using/creating an IIS virtual port, it won't allow me the option. I'm really ...

Web resources about - renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions - sybase.rep-server

Dynamical system (definition) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article presents the many ways to define a dynamical system. See the main article, dynamical system , for an overview of the topic. The ...

Experts concerned at 'broader definition' of terrorism in citizenship bill
People could be stripped of their citizenship overseas even if they did not commit a terrorist act if a controversial bill is passed, legal experts ...

Facebook Changes Definition of Monthly Active Users
... not access Facebook itself, but shared content or activity via Facebook Login -integrated websites or applications. Facebook’s previous definition ...

The First Amendment, by definition, doesn’t need your prayers
I think it’s fascinating that the same people who spent the better part of the last month calling anti-racist college students “coddled” are ...

Pirates are starting to post a bunch of Netflix's ultra-high-definition videos online
A flood of leaked ultra-high-definition (4K) videos from Netflix and Amazon Prime has begun to make its way onto the internet , according to ...

James Clapper’s Twisted Definition Of An Insider Threat
Back when I reviewed the goodies the House Intelligence Committee had given James Clapper in this year’s Intelligence Authorization, I noted ...

Rep. Thornberry On ‘Assault’ Weapons: ‘That Doesn’t Really Have A Definition’
'It is the functioning of the machinery that defines an automatic vs.

Call To Include 'Race' In U.K. Definition Of Best Business Practice Regarding Diversity
What took so long? The largest ever survey on race equality in the U.K. workplace has been conducted by the charity Business In the Community, ...

GeekWire Deals: This high-definition security camera lets you keep an eye on your valuables wherever ...
Security footage can be great for catching criminals in the act (or figuring out who stole the cookies from the cookie jar), but it’s worthless ...

Siri's Definition Of 'Bitch' Is Beyond Offensive
... defines the word "bitch" in an even more offensive way than one would think possible. When you ask Siri to define the word, the second definition ...