Maximum rep agents per rep server

Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a
single rep server can support?
0
salleeb
2/18/2005 8:34:23 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote:

> Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a
> single rep server can support?

I haven't heard of any such figure.

My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth,
and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends".

Michael
--
Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/
Sybase DBA/Developer

Michael
2/20/2005 7:17:28 PM
This will be OS dependent.
And it also depends on the settings you defined see
rs_configure.

On Windows it seems that for one reason or another the
repserver can only start about 1780 theads and the you get a
srv_spawn error.
Sybase support Europe(France) did not yet answer my case
about this. My work around was to setup more replication
servers.
Be aware that you will need more threads when you restart
the replication server than the number tou see when it is
running.

Mike.
0
Mike

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

rep server agent
Hi, > > I am a Unix admin working on a disaster recovery plan. I hope to > implement HP mc/serviceguard, which apparently handles stopping and > starting Sybase just fine. I am told however that we need an agent to > stop and start the Sybase Replication server within the mc/serviceguard > script. Where can I find this agent? > > Thanks. > > jim_spencer@scudder.com ...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

Rep server 'hangs' with message 'waiting for server ... to boot'
When I install rep server for warm standby purposes, the message Waiting for server '<servername> ' to boot ... keeps returrning during the installation. On OS level I see three processes: sybase 10535 8082 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/i sybase 10537 10536 0 08:17:20 ? 0:01 /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/bin/repserver -Seinnl126_sybrep -C/opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ ins sybase 10536 10535 0 08:17:20 ? 0:00 sh -c /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/install/RUN_einnl126_sybrep > /opt/sybase/rs11.5.1/ins What is it ...

Rep Upgrade upgrade ltm's to rep agents
Before we upgrade our ASE from 11.92 to 12.x, we need to upgrade our replication server. Currently on 11.5 RepServer but we are using ltms. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to tell Rep Server to use rep agent instead of ltm's. The procedural steps were listed in the replication server configuration guide unix platform, look under chapter 3 upgrading or downgrading an existing replication server -> upgrading repagent threads in adaptive server databases. ...

Web resources about - Maximum rep agents per rep server - sybase.rep-server

Maximum sustained wind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The maximum sustained wind associated with a tropical cyclone is a common indicator of the intensity of the storm. Within a mature tropical cyclone, ...

Facebook Extends Maximum Status Update 12-Fold
Facebook has extended the maximum length of status updates to 60,000 characters, 12 times what it used to be.

Facebook Changing Maximum Size of Photos, Profile Pictures
... breaking upcoming changes to the way Facebook handles user photos and profile pictures. Here’s the upshot for developers: 1) Increased Maximum ...

Maximum PC (@maximumpc) on Twitter

Snooker player misses black, blows $90,000 during maximum 147 break attempt
... player Thepchaiya Un-Nooh who missed a final black ball shot worth &pound;44,000 ($90,561) while trying to complete a rarely seen 147 maximum ...

David Price joins the Red Sox, who achieve Maximum Dombrowski status
[insert joke about Joe Kelly's great stuff here] In retrospect, this move was always going to happen. The Red Sox rolled into the 2015 season ...

Brussels Put on Maximum Terror Alert, Virtual Lockdown of the City
Belgian authorities have raised the terror alert in Brussels to the maximum and canceled events for fears of an imminent jihadist attack.

Belgium maintains maximum terror alert status - Videos - CBS News
Belgium is maintaining their maximum state of alert today as the police continue to search for two suspects who escaped following the attacks ...

Brussels put on maximum alert
Belgium raised the alert status for its capital, shutting the metro and warning the public to avoid crowds.

The Cult of Mac gift list, optimized for maximum cool at minimum cost
‘Tis the season to freak out over what to get for the tech savvy folks in our lives. It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the vast variety of gadgets ...