How to change ID server for existing RS (15.5)

I've got a problem. I have 2 primary Rep Servers - PRS1 and PRS2. Now I need
 to make PRS1 as ID Server of PRS2 and make PRS2 to be Replicare RepServ.

 What do i need to do in this case?
 I can only find in documentation that i need to use rs_init, but i can't
 find how do i do that.
 Could anybody point me into docs/forum/other on this procedure?

 Thanks in advance.

0
Sergei
11/17/2010 12:27:43 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to change ID server for existion RS (15.5)
Hi all. I've got a problem. I have 2 primary Rep Servers - PRS1 and PRS2. Now I need to make PRS1 as ID Server of PRS2 and make PRS2 to be Replicare RepServ. What do i need to do in this case? I can only find in documentation that i need to use rs_init, but i can't find how do i do that. Could anybody point me into docs/forum/other on this procedure? Thanks in advance. "Sergei Krasnov" <sergei_krasnov@epam.com> wrote in message news:4ce3ae53$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > > I've got a problem. I have 2 primary Rep Servers - PRS1...

5.5.5 and rep server?
Does SA 5.5.5 on OS/2 work with Replication Server? Breck bcarter@risingroad.com Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications http://www.risingroad.com You may need to run the dbltm.exe on a different platform, I'm not sure that we ever had an LTM for ASA on OS/2. I have set up 5.5.x to work with Rep Server on other platforms. I can't comment on compatibility of a 5.5.x LTM with current versions of Rep Server since I haven't tried it. Rep Server 11.5 would have been current back when I was working with SQL Any 5.5.x and Rep Server. -- -----------------...

Change Server name on 6.5 server
What steps need to be done in order to accomplish changing the servers name on a Netware 6.5 server, besides the autoexec.ncf file, any mods in \etc? Thanks Kiet Here you go: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10080951.htm Cheers, Edward "Kiet Wuen" <someone@anybody.com> wrote in message news:HpkYe.4827$Oi6.4208@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > What steps need to be done in order to accomplish changing the servers > name on a Netware 6.5 server, besides the autoexec.ncf file, any mods > in \etc? > > Thanks > > ...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Server Abends with SERVER-5.60-4631 [NM-ID=1001C]
I have server abending with the following message: SERVER-5.60-4631 [NM-ID=1001C] Warning: Server BM experienced a critical error. The offending process was suspended or recovered. However, services hosted by this server may have been affected. This is on a NetWare 6.0 sp5 running BM 3.8 sp3. I found T.I.D. 2956319, and NDPS is not running on this server. If I unload ndpsm from the other server in the tree the server does not ABEND. Your server experianced an abend. Detailed information on what really happened can be found int he abend.log file in sys:system. I suggest you pos...

moving gw5.5.5 from old server to gw6.5 new server
We have a new SBS6.5 server with GW6.5 installed. Would like to know the procedure to get the data, address books, etc from the old server into the new servers system. Thanks Jon This new server in the same tree as the existing setup ? If so, delete the GW system you've installed so far on the new server, move the old GW directories across, reinstall the 5.5 agents, and get the system working, then do an inplace upgrade to GW6.5 Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Why would you reinstall the 5.5 age...

Win2k3 Server, Novell 6.5 SBS server, Groupwise 5.5 -> Groupwise 6.5
I have a client that just recently implemented a Win2k3 server as their "main" file server. They are also currently running an old NW 4.2 SBS box with Groupwise 5.5 and we are replacing that with a new box running NW 6.5 and GW6.5 ( the users are currently authenticating to *both* servers ). Note that they will only use the NW box for Groupwise - absolutely nothing else. Given that, I have a few questions: 1. Should I remove the Novell client from each user's computer and let Groupwise handle the saving of passwords? It seems like having the Novell client is just ad...

Novell 5.0 Server to 6.5 Server
Can a 5.0 server and a 6.5 server exist under the same tree? Sure. Why not? lsample@imaginecolorado.org wrote: > Can a 5.0 server and a 6.5 server exist under the same tree? > Sure. Why not? > > > lsample@imaginecolorado.org wrote: > > Can a 5.0 server and a 6.5 server exist under the same tree? Will I have problems because one server is running NDS 7.51 and the other is running eDirectory 8? Is it just the two servers? If so, then I can't see anything that would cause problems for you. Any reason you don't upgrade the 5.0 server to 6.5? ...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Consoles on same servers with ID server
Other than problems if we need to change the IP address, what are some other reasons to not install the consoles on the same host with the Identity Server. There must be other reasons, but I didn't see in the documentation what they are. I've installed everthing in our lab on separate hosts, but since I'm working on the project plan, I was wondering why we couldn't reduce the number of hosts to maintain. Seems like it would be easier from the perspective of backups, firewall ports, time sync, OS license cost, etc. Right now we're planning two instances e...

RS 12.5
Hi all, I have a simple WS being used for parallel production for an ASE upgrade. Active is ASE 11.5, Standby is ASE 12.5.0.3. RSSD runs in the Standby ASE. The names of both ASEs will be changed soon. I understand the implications for the ASEs, but I'd like a sanity check for what has to be done for the RS, given names are changing for the RSSD ASE, the source and the destination. TIA, -- Joe Woodhouse Principal Consultant (former Sybase Technical Evangelist) Prima Donna Consulting Pty Ltd (IT. Business. Law. Children's Parties.) ...

From existing hp dl380 Netware 6.5 server to a Blade server with a msa 1000 san
Need some help I have a several 6.5 server that I want to convert to blade servers blp20 with a msa 1000 san attached, I need to find out how to separate the sys volume and c: drive on to the blade server and the rest of the volumes to the msa 1000 san, The existing server is a raid 5???????????? On Tue, 23 May 2006 08:17:51 -0700, <Rey.figueroa@mmbb.org> wrote: > Need some help > > I have a several 6.5 server that I want to convert to blade servers blp20 > with a msa 1000 san attached, I need to find out how to separate the sys > volume and c: drive on...

Data change in SQL server is not making any changes in IIS Server
Hi,   I have an application built on Vs 2008. This applicationd needs login access for accessing certain pages. My issue is that everything works fine on my local machine ie when I give access to some people for login i can see the immediate change in my application when it populates from vs 2008. But when i compile and put it in IIS 6 on my test server machine application works fine but when I change the login access in SQl Server the changes are not affecting  when the website runs from IIS6 . When i restart the IIS or refresh the IIS or make any changes to tit the website will...

Web resources about - How to change ID server for existing RS (15.5) - sybase.rep-server

Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Association , has stated on a Fox News Sunday interview that exclusions, based upon these ...

STUDY: Facebook More Effective In Driving Viewers To New Shows Than Existing Ones
... television and Facebook and other social networks, finding that social media are more effective at driving viewership of new shows than existing ...

A New Way To Re-Engage Your Existing Mobile App Users
Today we are introducing a new way to re-engage your mobile app users with Facebook ads. You can now advertise to people who have taken specific ...

Facebook expands IPO with additional 83.8M shares from existing stockholders
... according to an eighth amendment to its S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Most of these shares are being sold by existing ...

How do you grow your brand through existing clients?
Anna Farmery and I are doing a podcast this week on how to leverage happy clients to grow your brand. We&#39;d love to include your advice in ...

Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store on iTunes
Get Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Albert Einstein ...
Pretty dreary here today, but this stop sign caught my attention. Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo. Make a photo ...

SIMple plan: More consumers taking existing mobile phones to new plans to 'enjoy freedom'
More Australians are holding on to their existing mobile phones when signing up to post-paid plans, saying they enjoy the &quot;freedom and flexibility&quot; ...

US existing home sales fall in August
... as investors retreated from real estate and first-time buyers remained scarce. The National Association of Realtors says sales of existing ...

Costco's Australian expansion hits existing stores
Costco Wholesale is pressing ahead with its Australian expansion plans even though new stores are starting to cannibalise its existing ones. ...