Help need tool to monitor the rep server!

Hey!

Have just made it to the finish (production starts in 2 weeks) every things
works fine but how do we monitor the replikation server (without using the
SQL Central) Please help!!!!!!!!

Kenneth Pedersen
DBA/Systemudvikler

ALOC Bonnier A/S
E-mail: kennethp@aloc.dk � Internet: www.aloc.dk

0
Kenneth
3/7/2000 3:27:31 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hej Kenneth,

LAng tid siden :-)

Hvorfor kan du ikke bruge central??  De findes saa vidt jeg ved ikke andre
tools til at monitor sybase....men du kan jo skrive et selv, alt hvad sybase
central kan, kan du ogsaa via kommandoer...saa bare igang!! :-)

Jeg har selv nogle scripts der kigger i loggen og skriver mails til mig hvis
den finder fejl....men hvad er det du oensker at den skal monitor??

hvordan gaar det eller med dig, bliver du klogere :-)   sikkert ikke, selvom i
nu endlige har faaet gang i Replication server....
hernede gaar det godt, jeg har dog planer om maaske at vende tilbage som
loenslave i DK efter sommer....maaske i sybase igen, saa vi ses jo nok igen til
den tid :-)

mvh
Daniel Brandt
Sybase and Replication server DBA

Kenneth Damgaard wrote:

> Hey!
>
> Have just made it to the finish (production starts in 2 weeks) every things
> works fine but how do we monitor the replikation server (without using the
> SQL Central) Please help!!!!!!!!
>
> Kenneth Pedersen
> DBA/Systemudvikler
>
> ALOC Bonnier A/S
> E-mail: kennethp@aloc.dk � Internet: www.aloc.dk

0
Daniel

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Need Help / Reinstall Rep Server
My Rep Server is my ID server; I need to move Rep Server to another machine but I cannot delete the Rep Server from the current machine. Can anyone help me finish this task. I have dropped all connections, and stopped the rep agent. When I try to drop the rep server, I get a message telling me that it is not allowed as the server is my ID server. Where do I go from here? Stacey Just Shutdown your repserver (or the ID server) and reinstall it on the other machine. Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > My Rep Server is my ID server; I need to move Rep Server to another ...

HELP!. I need info on Rep Server.
If someone can answer some questions for me I would appreciate it. Our company is currently using SQL Anywhere Studio version 7. What we want to do is have two locations running the same databases. We want both databases to update each other every few mins or so(probably by a T1). I checked out SQL Remote and Mobilink but both of those want to create a remote database from the main(consolidated) database. This isnt what we what. We want two of the same exact database running at both locations. So my questions are: 1. Is Replication Server what I am looking for? 2. Can you ge...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Help Rep Server down
Hi, I am new to Rep server. Our Rep Server is down and when I try to restart, it will not. Following is the errorlog: I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Logging messages in file '/sybase/syb1192/install/PRS.log'. I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Using interfaces file '/sybase/syb1192/interfaces'. I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Server name is 'PRS'. I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Reading '/sybase/syb1192/install/PRS.cfg' for configuration information. I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Using the 'iso_1' character set. I. 1999/12/28 11:52:42. Using the 'us_english' language. I. 199...

HELP! Rep-Server DOWN
Hi there, Hope someone can help me on this one. We are running SQL Server, and Replication Server on a Netware platform. We had a problem with Netware last week. Now that is solved, but when we attempt to load the LTM for the primary database the LTM fails loading. The following is the error reported: "INTERNAL ERROR #1078 logscan thread (myserver.mydb) - (2554) This client lib or server error is fatal. The server the thread connects is 'myserver' INTERNAL ERROR #2027 logscan thread (myserver.mydb) - (2554) Open Client Client-Library Error: Error: 17039748, Severity ...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Performance monitor for Rep Server
Hi, I want to take some statistics of a running Replication Server (number of tran for connection, latency, etc.) What can we do? Thanks in advance. Gabriel Mautino. ...

Rep server log monitor
Hi There, Does anybody out there know of a good Sybase Repserver Log scraper ? ...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Web resources about - Help need tool to monitor the rep server! - sybase.rep-server

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
The Christian Science Monitor is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, ...

The Monitor
2009 Kia Rio. 43k. 4dr. New tires, like new, w

Multi-monitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-monitor , also called multi-display and multi-head , is the use of multiple physical display devices , such as monitors , televisions , ...

Firefighters continue to monitor West Belconnen fire
Fire burnt out about 80 football fields of land near the recycling centre in West Belconnen on Friday.

ISIL 'caliphate' shrank by 14 percent in 2015: monitor
Armed group lost large swaths of Syria's border with Turkey, as Kurds regained control of traditionally Kurdish areas.

HP Z27q Monitor Review: Aiming For More Pixels
Almost a year ago, we reviewed the HP Z27x monitor , which was a 27-inch display capable of covering a very wide gamut. It had a reasonable 2560x1440 ...

Dealmaster: Get a Dell 3440×1440 curved monitor and a $250 gift card for $799
... , we have a number of exciting Green Monday deals for you! The featured deal today will save you lots of money on a curved Dell monitor: you ...

Schools told to monitor pupils' web use to prevent radicalisation
Schools in England will have to monitor students' internet use under plans to protect them from radicalisation, education secretary Nicky Morgan ...

Hyatt Hotels computer system breached by malware monitor your credit card ASAP
... long this malicious software was sucking off customer payment details. If you've stayed at one of its hotels recently, you will want to monitor ...

5 top-rated HD monitors on sale right now on Amazon
... Amazon is still offering a ton of deep discounts on all sorts of gadgets and gear, and right now there are a number of top-rated HD monitors ...