function string rep

i am trying to set an replication using function strings .
Need help on that.have not configured this before . need the
steps as to what we need to create 1st before when define
the "function string" .

connections are configured.
rep defs /subs are present .
Normal rep is working fine .
created a dummy table with rep /defs and its working .

Need to knwo how to config function strings replication .

Had tried the below .

1 .create function string class <class_name>
2.create error class <class_name>
3.create function string repdef.rs_update,rs_insert and
rs_delete for the class that is create above in 1.In step 3
the SP was called to use as "output rpc 'execute sp_name' "

Not sure if i missed a step . Please assist .

regards

MS
0
MS
6/17/2009 8:45:11 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> i am trying to set an replication using function strings .
> Need help on that.have not configured this before . need
> the steps as to what we need to create 1st before when
> define the "function string" .
>
> connections are configured.
> rep defs /subs are present .
> Normal rep is working fine .
> created a dummy table with rep /defs and its working .
>
> Need to knwo how to config function strings replication .
>
> Had tried the below .
>
> 1 .create function string class <class_name>
> 2.create error class <class_name>
> 3.create function string repdef.rs_update,rs_insert and
> rs_delete for the class that is create above in 1.In step
> 3 the SP was called to use as "output rpc 'execute
> sp_name' "
>
> Not sure if i missed a step . Please assist .
>
> regards
>
> MS

I created a function string class

create function string class
 rsfunclass_sql_stars
 set parent to rs_default_function_class2

but when i run rs_helpclassfstring  rsfunclass_sql_stars i
dont see anything . am i missing something ?

MS
0
MS
6/17/2009 8:56:17 PM
On Jun 17, 4:45=A0pm, MS wrote:
> i am trying to set an replication using function strings .
> Need help on that.have not configured this before . need the
> steps as to what we need to create 1st before when define
> the "function string" .
>
> connections are configured.
> rep defs /subs are present .
> Normal rep is working fine .
> created a dummy table with rep /defs and its working .
>
> Need to knwo how to config function strings replication .
>
> Had tried the below .
>
> 1 .create function string class <class_name>
> 2.create error class <class_name>
> 3.create function string repdef.rs_update,rs_insert and
> rs_delete for the class that is create above in 1.In step 3
> the SP was called to use as "output rpc 'execute sp_name' "
>
> Not sure if i missed a step . Please assist .
>
> regards
>
> MS

Steps are correct.Ensure that you mention this function string in the
connection to destination server
0
rajesh

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

Rep Server listeners
I remember being on a Rep Server course. The intructor indicated that Rep Server could only listen to one port. Can anyone confirm or deny this assertion... I'd like to know even if this were true in a previous version... Thanks You configure this in the interfaces file (or sql.ini) and feel free to choose any free port. On 29 Sep 2003 12:27:55 -0700, in sybase.public.rep-server <J MacGillivray> wrote: >I remember being on a Rep Server course. The intructor >indicated that Rep Server could only listen to one port. >Can anyone confirm or deny this a...

Installing Rep Server
I'm trying to install Rep Server from CD on Solaris. I run sybsetup which is successful until I enter my CAS. I then get an error that the program can't find my .MSFILE. I looked on the CD and the file is present. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Web resources about - function string rep - sybase.rep-server

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
Bad habits early in life may affect brain power later, researchers suggest.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

1964 Archival Footage of British Soldiers Under the Effects of LSD Losing the Ability to Properly Function ...
1964 archival footage of British soldiers being given LSD-25 while training the the field. Over time they lost their ability to properly function, ...