disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server

Hi,

I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How
come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin
who_is_down)?

benny
0
Benny
12/4/2002 6:13:48 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I saw it couple of times after issuing
sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent
helped.

HTH,
Eugene

Benny Pei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How
> come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin
> who_is_down)?
>
> benny

0
Eugene
12/4/2002 6:55:13 PM
You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified
Repserver not to expect a RepAgent connection?

Either alter connection and disable log_transfer (sorry, dont remember
exactly) or drop the connection entirely if you dont intend to involve this
DB in replication.

--
Naveen.

"Eugene Korolkov" <ekorolkov@dgny.com> wrote in message
> I saw it couple of times after issuing
> sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent
> helped.
>
> HTH,
> Eugene
>
> Benny Pei wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How
> > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin
> > who_is_down)?
> >
> > benny

0
Naveen

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

rep server agent
Hi, > > I am a Unix admin working on a disaster recovery plan. I hope to > implement HP mc/serviceguard, which apparently handles stopping and > starting Sybase just fine. I am told however that we need an agent to > stop and start the Sybase Replication server within the mc/serviceguard > script. Where can I find this agent? > > Thanks. > > jim_spencer@scudder.com ...

Rep Upgrade upgrade ltm's to rep agents
Before we upgrade our ASE from 11.92 to 12.x, we need to upgrade our replication server. Currently on 11.5 RepServer but we are using ltms. Does anyone know where I can get step by step instructions on how to tell Rep Server to use rep agent instead of ltm's. The procedural steps were listed in the replication server configuration guide unix platform, look under chapter 3 upgrading or downgrading an existing replication server -> upgrading repagent threads in adaptive server databases. ...

REP AGENT problem after upg to ASE12.5 and REP 12.1
After we upgraded to ASE12.5 and REP12.1 we're experiencing a problem related to the rep agent.every 15 minutes after hour it cannont keep up the log (for 10 minutes it practically stop to read from the log) We increase the maxmemory of REPServer to 400M and the scan_batch_size to 10000. Do you have any suggestion why it can't keep up the log only for a certain period? Thanks in advance.... ...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

Rep Agent Down
Running ASE 11.5.1 (SWR 9298)with Rep Server 11.5.1 on NT The RSSD database txn logged filled up and lastchance sp ran to dump txn log. Whilst this happened it looks like the Primary Rep Agents for two DBs fell over due to probs writing to the IBQ (MSG 14023). I suspect that the log pointer is now stuffed for the two primary dbs. Manuals point to the use of rs_zeroltm to reset the log reader. Am I missing anything else and/or should I contact those life savers at Sybase Support for more discussion ? Thanks in advance Rhod You can always reset the truncation p...

rep agent
Hi, I am trying to stop the rep agent since I want to disconnect the replication setup(due to some hardware problems) and truncate the log but rep agent is not coming down though I am getting a message that the rep agent is being shutting down.The command I am using is sp_stop_rep_agent <dbname> Any help. Thanks. Hello, The defaults shuts down RepAgent gracefully at the end of the current batch. so I would suggest to use the nowait clause to shutdown the RepAgent immediately, without waiting for executing operations to complete. use <db_name> ...

Rep Agent
How can I remove a rep agent (that is being reported as down in admin who_is_down) - I don't need it on this particular database as it does not rep anywhere. I've issued an sp_config_rep_agent, dbname, disable but it still is being reported as down and hence my rep server system is reported as suspect in admin health Many thanks in advance. Peter If you don't need the Rep Agent, it means you don't replicater from this database. I think you should disconnect the database from the logical connection. ES. "pete" <peter.gamble@travelex.com...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

Web resources about - disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server - sybase.rep-server

Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MINDS ( Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore ) is a voluntary welfare organisation based in Singapore , that provides services ...

Facebook Disabled Website At HQ, Prompting Employees To Use Mobile
Facebook has been big on dogfooding its employees , and it appears the latest round came when the company shut off its website internally, forcing ...

Facebook Apologizes For Disabling Apps, Launches New Feedback Metrics, Granular Enforcement, Disabled ...
Facebook today apologized for suddenly disabling certain apps last month, saying that it “over-weighted certain types of user feedback, causing ...

American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. A well-deserved addition to DC's Memorials.

Oklahoma Restaurant Owner Won't Serve "Freaks, F*ggots, Disabled" Or Those On Welfare - YouTube
Gary James, owner of Gary's Chicaros in Enid, Oklahoma, said, "I've been in business 44 years, I think I can spot a freak or a faggot." He said, ...

New policy to get disabled people into the workplace launched
The Ministry of Social Affairs has prepared the policy and legislation will follow. ABU DHABI // A national policy to get disabled people into ...

Barack Obama dedicates new momument to honour US's disabled veterans
... autumn Sunday in the heart of a city built around monuments to war, Barack Obama dedicated yet another, a memorial to America&#8217;s disabled ...

Deplorable exercise in ideology will hurt the disabled
An Australian Human Rights Commission ruling will force the closure of many enterprises.

'Cowards' beat disabled man, post video on victim's Facebook page
The video shows one man start to kick and punch the victim. The other man says: &quot;Come on, hold up. Stop, bro&quot; but the first man replies: ...

Donald Trump mocks disabled reporter during campaign rally in South Carolina
Donald Trump is widely criticised for mocking a New York Times reporter's disability, during a campaign speech in South Carolina.