Dest rep wants to connect to source rep rssd? [create route]

Hi,all!

Please help me understand the communication that takes place between source
and destination repservers during the creation of a route.

When creating a route from A_RS to B_RS, the B_RS replication server wants
to connect A_DS (the ASE hosting the A_RS RSSD):

A_RS:
create route to B_RS
set username to XXX
set password to YYY

B_RS error log:
E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #1027 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
seful/cm.c(3852) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 84083972, Severity
5 -- 'ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed', Operating
System error 0 -- 'Socket connect failed - errno 145 Connection timed out'.
E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #13045 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
seful/cm.c(3858) Failed to connect to server 'A_DS' as user 'rssd_prim'. See
CT-Lib and/or server error messages for more information.

Why is that? I thought all communication was carried out through the route.

(I added the A_DS server to the B_RS interfaces file and a firewall rule to
allow the communication and the route was created OK.)

Thanks,
/Mattias

0
Mattias
1/25/2007 9:45:29 AM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

From the RS 12.6 Reference Manual, Chapter 3, Replication Server Commands, 'Create Route':

=====================
When you create a route, the source Replication Server sends the destination Replication Server the login name and password of the source RSSD�s primary user. The destination Replication Server uses this login to create subscriptions to some of the RSSD system tables at the source
Replication Server. This primary user login name is usually named �source_RSSD_name_prim,� and is stored in the rs_users system table at the destination Replication Server.
=====================

RRS needs to know about objects defined in the PRS/RSSD tables ... different RS versions may have different RSSD table structures so RRS needs to know structure of PRS/RSSD tables (hence a direct connect) ... RRS can then set up subscriptions and performs materialization of PRS/RSSD tables into RRS/RSSD tables.

Mattias Hultman wrote:
> Hi,all!
>
> Please help me understand the communication that takes place between source
> and destination repservers during the creation of a route.
>
> When creating a route from A_RS to B_RS, the B_RS replication server wants
> to connect A_DS (the ASE hosting the A_RS RSSD):
>
> A_RS:
> create route to B_RS
> set username to XXX
> set password to YYY
>
> B_RS error log:
> E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #1027 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
> seful/cm.c(3852) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 84083972, Severity
> 5 -- 'ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
> Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed', Operating
> System error 0 -- 'Socket connect failed - errno 145 Connection timed out'.
> E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #13045 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
> seful/cm.c(3858) Failed to connect to server 'A_DS' as user 'rssd_prim'. See
> CT-Lib and/or server error messages for more information.
>

> Why is that? I thought all communication was carried out through the route.
>
> (I added the A_DS server to the B_RS interfaces file and a firewall rule to
> allow the communication and the route was created OK.)
>

> Thanks,
> /Mattias

0
Mark
1/25/2007 1:34:57 PM
Ok, it makes sense. Thanks a lot, Mark.

/Mattias

Mark A. Parsons wrote:
> From the RS 12.6 Reference Manual, Chapter 3, Replication Server Commands,
'Create Route':

> Replication Server. This primary user login name is usually named
�source_RSSD_name_prim,� and is stored in the rs_users system table at the
destination Replication Server.
into RRS/RSSD tables.

> Mattias Hultman wrote:
> > Hi,all!
> >
> > Please help me understand the communication that takes place between
source
> > and destination repservers during the creation of a route.
> >
> > When creating a route from A_RS to B_RS, the B_RS replication server
wants
> > to connect A_DS (the ASE hosting the A_RS RSSD):
> >
> > A_RS:
> > create route to B_RS
> > set username to XXX
> > set password to YYY
> >
> > B_RS error log:
> > E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #1027 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
> > seful/cm.c(3852) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 84083972,
Severity
> > 5 -- 'ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
> > Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed', Operating
> > System error 0 -- 'Socket connect failed - errno 145 Connection timed
out'.
> > E. 2007/01/25 10:02:18. ERROR #13045 SUB(rs_erroractions9_at_16777327) -
> > seful/cm.c(3858) Failed to connect to server 'A_DS' as user 'rssd_prim'.
See
> > CT-Lib and/or server error messages for more information.
> >

> > Why is that? I thought all communication was carried out through the
route.

> > (I added the A_DS server to the B_RS interfaces file and a firewall rule
> > allow the communication and the route was created OK.)
> >

> > Thanks,
> > /Mattias

0
Mattias

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

upgrade REP 12.5 to REP 12.6 + RSSD
Looking to upgrade REP Server 12.5 to Rep 12.6 on Linux RHES,we are using RSSD in ASE vers 12.5.0.1 . My plan is to upgrade the Rep and late on the ASE/RSSD to 12.5.3 will this work? Also I'm looking for the steps to perform this Rep upgrade , will the following be correct ? - install REP 12.6 software in separe directorie -Shutdown Rep Server 12.5. - Point to the new Rep Server 12.6 directories/environment variables. - Run rs_init and choose to upgrade an existing Rep Server. How about RSSD/ASE anything should I run ?? Thank you fro your help, Isabella There are 2 d...

rep server 12.6 ERSSD create route problem
Hi, Any hint for the following please !! The command 'create route to DEST_RS' gives error Msg 15484, Level 12, State 0: Server 'SRC_RS': Cannot create route from this site because it uses embedded RSSD. The id server (SRC_RS), src rep(SRC_RS), and dest rep(DEST_RS)all use the ERRSD databases to hold RSSD info. Thanks The error messages says it all: you cannot create a route becuase the RSSD is an embedded RSSD in ASA. (This is documented, BTW). A route implies that the RSSD is replicated, and this is currently not possible for an embedded RSSD. Hence, ...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Create device for rep server
I need to create a partition in rep server. I am assuming that I need to create a device first. If its not a device, I have to create some kind of file before I can create the partition for rep server. Can someone please tell me what I have to do to create a new partition? I know I have to execute add partition. But I don't know how to create a device. Thanks in advance Henry Hi Henry, The partition could either be a raw partition (only UNIX), or a simple file system file (any platform). You do not need any special formatting on the disk or the file before you ad...

[Mozilla Reps] Leaving Mozilla Reps Program
Hi All , Hope everyone is relaxed after the long journey and enjoyed Summit with full of joy and dedication. This is to inform about my decision of leaving Mozilla Reps Program. I am going through the critical face of my carrier and in this time it will not be possible for me to handle Reps Responsibility. At this point of time i have to work hard to secure my self with my carrier and i have some personal commitment towards it . So decided to take voluntary retirement from the Mozilla Reps Program, i think it's better to take retirement then being Inactive for long per...

Why Am I A Rep?
Hi All, We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this, please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep? Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes along with your answer. Thanks in advance for sharing. - Brian Hello, I am a Rep because I am proud of representing Mozilla in my country and in the world. Cheers Luigi Il 13/01/2014 01:08, Brian King ha scritto: > Hi A...

Any rep faq or shareware tools for rep management
I'm looking for a shareware tool can do copy rep/sub from 1 system to another system. Dump all rep/sub defs from QA1 and load that to QA2. ...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

Web resources about - Dest rep wants to connect to source rep rssd? [create route] - sybase.rep-server

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...