Create device for rep server

I need to create a partition in rep server.  I am assuming that I need to
create a device first.  If its not a device, I have to create some kind of
file before I can create the partition for rep server.

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to create a new partition?  I
know I have to execute add partition. But I don't know how to create a
device.

Thanks in advance

Henry

0
Henry
8/21/2000 9:48:02 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Henry,

The partition could either be a raw partition (only UNIX), or a simple file
system file (any platform). You do not need any special formatting on the
disk or the file before you add it to RS through 'add partition'. If it is a
file system file, just 'touch' the file (zero length) before you do an 'add
partition'.

HTH,

Naveen Puttagunta.

In article <Zk6CNs7CAHA.295@forums.sybase.com>, Henry_Wycislo@bmc.com says...

>I need to create a partition in rep server.  I am assuming that I need to
>create a device first.  If its not a device, I have to create some kind of
>file before I can create the partition for rep server.
>
>Can someone please tell me what I have to do to create a new partition?  I
>know I have to execute add partition. But I don't know how to create a
>device.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Henry

0
Pnaveen

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

rep server stable device
Hi Has anyone had this problem before? Warm standby replication where the stable device filled up. Have added 2 new devices and queues are all quiesed. But the stable devices are still full? sls wrote: > Hi > > Has anyone had this problem before? Warm standby replication > where the stable device filled up. Have added 2 new devices > and queues are all quiesed. But the stable devices are still > full? not realy, have you tried bouncing the repserver after you added the additional space. joop -- Mentat, Sybase Professional Services "To vacil...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

renaming server.db in multieple rep server definitions
Newsgroups: sybase.public.rep-server Cc: sjmudd@pobox.com Subject: From: Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@unicorn.wl0.org> Date: 27 Mar 2004 18:57:21 +0100 Message-ID: <86vfkqdvge.fsf@unicorn.wl0.org> Lines: 30 --text follows this line-- Hello, I'm pretty new to replication server and have taken on the task of managing an existing system. (ase 11.9.2 and repserver 12.0) There are various flows and I have replication definitions of the form <table>_def_<sourceX> and subscriptions of the form <table>_sub_<destinationY> where sourceX and destinationY a...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Starting up replication after Server Application log fills up on Rep server.
The Server application log filled up on the rep server and now no records are being replicated although all connections seem to be active. I emptied the application log and am wondering what I need to to do to start replicating data again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rohan ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

Rep Server 12.1 fails to start after Upgrading SQL Server
Hi Gurus, We upgraded our ASE Server from 12.5.0.3 to ASE 15.0.1. The upgrade went well except for one glitch, the Rep Server fails to Start. We are using Rep Server 12.1. The error we are receiving in the Rep Server error log is as follows : I. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. Reading 'WICTEST3.RSSD..rs_config' for system configuration parameters. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #31083 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Cannot connect to RSSD server. ct_connect failed. E. 2006/10/26 10:28:58. ERROR #1027 GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) - (1708) Open Client Client-Library error: Error: 8408371...

Web resources about - Create device for rep server - sybase.rep-server

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

How-To: Find and create Christmas stations + playlists with Apple Music
... or playlist if you subscribe to Apple Music. Here’s a Christmas Classics station link that should open on your device. Apple also has created ...

Pixbrite Automatically Organizes Photos and Creates Collages on iOS
... a user’s photos into a timeline of moments, and automatically generates photo collages users can share with friends. Pixbrite can create moments ...

Create stunning black and white photos with Camera Noir
... text, email, or social media. Or, you can just save your beautiful picture to your device. Overall thoughts Camera Noir may have been created ...

GoPro Plunges 10%: Morgan Stanley Says Sell on Failure to Create Ease of Use
Shares of adventure camera maker GoPro ( GPRO ) today dropped by $1.84, or almost 10%, to close at $17.31, and was down another 21 cents in late ...

MIT researchers create ‘untraceable’ text messaging that’s even more secure than Tor
... be as completely secure as many of us had assumed , we were intrigued to see that some researchers at MIT are now claiming that they've created ...

Elon Musk and Other Tech Titans Create Company to Develop Artificial Intelligence
Elon Musk, Peter Thiel and other technology entrepreneurs are betting that talented researchers, provided enough freedom and money, can develop ...

US report warns of ISIS' ability to create fake passports
New York Post US report warns of ISIS' ability to create fake passports CNN Washington (CNN) A new intelligence report shared with law enforcement ...

Dow And DuPont Merging To Create Massive Chemical Voltron In $130B Deal
It may sound like the perfect marriage of the cold war era, but it’s 21st century business all over: Dow and DuPont, the two oldest, biggest ...