Any rep faq or shareware tools for rep management

I'm looking for a shareware tool can do copy rep/sub from 1 system to
another system.

Dump all rep/sub defs from QA1 and load that to QA2.

0
Rey
9/3/1998 5:55:17 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 1 followers. Follow

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Rep Server log message from Rep Agent/DB2
Receive the following message in RS log when RA-DB2 connects. Is this a problem? If so, any ideas? RA-DB2 is using ISO-1 charset while RS and ASE is using roman8. I. 2003/09/15 04:56:56. Replication Agent version (101) for 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for this Replication Server 300 using version 101. Jason, > 'RA_LTM_EOC.DB2P' does not match the default LTI version for > this Replication Server 300 using version 101. This is an informational error message only. It indicates the level of LTL (Log Transfer Language) that ...

Rep Agent can't connect to Rep Server
I am running Sybase ASE 12.0 on NT. This server has the RSSD database. Replication Server 12.1 is running on the same machine. 2 Sybase ASE 12.0 Servers both running on HP have tables to be replicated to a database running on the NT Sybase Server. But Rep Agents running on HP Sybase ASE fail with same message: 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.71 server Started Rep Agent on database, 'db' (dbid = 12). 00:00000:00112:2001/11/16 11:00:23.83 server RepAgent(12): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = R...

rep server 12.1 and ase 12.5.3 rep agent not starting
Dear all, Here is the scenario.. Machine 1. -Rep server ver 12.1 -ASE 12.5.3 having ---A. RSSD db ---B. Replicate dbs Primary databases are on different machines each with ASE 12.5.3. The primary sql server names are the same but the interface file entry in Machine 1 has different names for each. eg. Machine1 ASE server name test1 Rep server name rep1 Interface file entries: [test1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,2048 [rep1] master=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 query=TCP,10.1.1.160,4500 [primary1] master=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 query=TCP,10.1.1.161,2048 ...

Managing Rep Server through VB
Sorry if this is the wrong group but I can't find a better one. Here is my problem, I am pretty handy with VB.NET but thats about it, C++ just blows my mind. What I would like to do is to be able to get information about the size of queues in replication server. "Easy" I hear you say, "just connect to the rep server with ODBC and issue some SQL to call things like admin who,sqm ". Unfortunately ODBC won't connect to Rep Server it just fails because ODBC trys to do thing RS doesn't understand. Can anyone suggest a method where I can get a...

Why Am I A Rep?
Hi All, We all know what a Rep is and what our role is. To get a refresh on this, please re-read on the main wiki ReMo page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/ReMo However, I would like to hear your story. Tell me in one sentence the answer when you ask yourself: Why Am I A Rep? Feel free to share, if you think necessary, a picture or video that goes along with your answer. Thanks in advance for sharing. - Brian Hello, I am a Rep because I am proud of representing Mozilla in my country and in the world. Cheers Luigi Il 13/01/2014 01:08, Brian King ha scritto: > Hi A...

Rep Server
Rep Server wont build due to No language Handler error.. ...

[Mozilla Reps] Leaving Mozilla Reps Program
Hi All , Hope everyone is relaxed after the long journey and enjoyed Summit with full of joy and dedication. This is to inform about my decision of leaving Mozilla Reps Program. I am going through the critical face of my carrier and in this time it will not be possible for me to handle Reps Responsibility. At this point of time i have to work hard to secure my self with my carrier and i have some personal commitment towards it . So decided to take voluntary retirement from the Mozilla Reps Program, i think it's better to take retirement then being Inactive for long per...

Which rep server
Hi, I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE 11.9.2 ? Thanks for tips \\\Georg Yes you can use. "frankge17" <frankge17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ewPIVjBNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got Replication sever 11.5.1 and 12.x for evaluation. Reading both > manuals there are small differences. Can I use rep server 12.x with ASE > 11.9.2 ? > > Thanks for tips > \\\Georg > > > > > >...

Help need tool to monitor the rep server!
Hey! Have just made it to the finish (production starts in 2 weeks) every things works fine but how do we monitor the replikation server (without using the SQL Central) Please help!!!!!!!! Kenneth Pedersen DBA/Systemudvikler ALOC Bonnier A/S E-mail: kennethp@aloc.dk � Internet: www.aloc.dk Hej Kenneth, LAng tid siden :-) Hvorfor kan du ikke bruge central?? De findes saa vidt jeg ved ikke andre tools til at monitor sybase....men du kan jo skrive et selv, alt hvad sybase central kan, kan du ogsaa via kommandoer...saa bare igang!! :-) Jeg har selv nogle scripts der ki...

Transfering Metadata from PD Rep to Business Objects Rep.
Hi All, I had a utility that allowed incremental update from Metaworks repository to a business objects universe. I've used this many times to create/maintain BO universes for IWS implementations. I've tried to replicate this tool under PD with no luck. I've been advised I should use the PD APIs to get to powerdesigner repository rather than read it directly via ODBC. Does anyone have any sample C++ code that accesses the PD repository directly to do things like extract the table names, column names, descriptions etc? Perhaps just looping through the entire reposit...

Web resources about - Any rep faq or shareware tools for rep management - sybase.rep-server

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Victorian bushfires: Wye River blaze management holds safety lessons for other towns
Victorians have just witnessed again the terrifying speed with which a beautiful environment can be transformed by bushfire.

TDM Asset Management reveals the importance of culture for investing
By investing on its own terms, TDM Asset Management is challenging the norms of funds management.

Video Of The Week: Community Based Portfolio Management
My colleague Brittany Gorevic gave a talk at the Slush Conference a last month about how we use community to help our portfolio help each other. ...

Apple CEO Cook Slams Tax Policy on ’60 Minutes’; Street Reviews Management Shuffle
Coming up this weekend on “60 Minutes,” Apple ( AAPL ) CEO Tim Cook talks with Charlie Rose on a number of topics, including repatriation of ...

Seattle firm Rainier Investment Management acquired for $3B
Seattle-based Rainier Investment Management on Friday announced plans to will be acquired by New York-based Manning & Napier, Inc. (NYSE: MN) ...

Strategic Redeployment of Viadeo: Refocusing Activities, Strengthening of Management
Regulatory News: Viadeo (Paris:VIAD) (FR0010325241- VIAD, PEA-PME eligible), First Professional Social Network in France1, today confirmed its ...