A simple RS thoughput script ?

Hi,
has anyone got a simple replication server throughput
script, that can show how many bytes/second that is flowing
to a replicate database ? I have tried both rs_ticket and
"admin stats, bps" but the output is just too much ! I just
need one row for each of my databases with two columns;
database name and bytes/second.
Any ideas anyone ?
Thanks
/Mikael
0
Mikael
11/18/2010 1:13:35 PM
sybase.rep-server 2969 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mikael

Did you reset counter before you actually started using "admin stats bps" ?,
if you are interested in data processed by SQM
only you might want to check  "bytes" column of "admin who sqm"

-HTH
Manish Negandhi
[TeamSybase]

"Mikael �hlander" <Mikael =?ISO-8859-1?B?xWhsYW5kZXI=?=> wrote in message
> Hi,
> has anyone got a simple replication server throughput
> script, that can show how many bytes/second that is flowing
> to a replicate database ? I have tried both rs_ticket and
> "admin stats, bps" but the output is just too much ! I just
> need one row for each of my databases with two columns;
> database name and bytes/second.
> Any ideas anyone ?
> Thanks
> /Mikael

0
Manish_Negandhi

ASE to Rep Server to Rep Server to ASE Configuration
Hello I am hoping someone can help me. I am relatively new to Rep server and definately new to this configuration. I am trying to set up replication from ASE to Rep server to remote Rep Server to ASE. I am doing this type of configuration because the one ASE server is in North America and one is in England. This was recommended to me by Sybase becuase the transformation/language of Rep Server to Rep Server is quicker over the wan. Anyway. I have a ASE to rep server to ASE configuration and had no problem setting that up. Now I am trying to set up a new replication environme...

Exec a script on one server that will exec other scripts on a different server..
------_=_NextPart_001_01C68AFA.A0A420EA Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm trying to write a perl script that will run on one server but can instruct either socker server deamon on another server to exec any one of three applications on a different box. The reason for this is the password changes every month and the scripts that I'm currently using fails because of that. Is this possible in perl? tks William Paulsen Guguletu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

FW: Exec a script on one server that will exec other scripts on a different server..
------_=_NextPart_001_01C68B17.708C082A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =0D ________________________________ From: William Paulsen (W) Sent: Thu 2006-06-08 14:54 To: beginners@perl.org Subject: Exec a script on one server that will exec other scripts on a different server.. Hi, I'm trying to write a perl script that will run on one server but can instruct either socker server deamon on another server to exec any one of three applications on a different box. The reason for this is the passw...

disabled rep agent but still have rep agent in rep server
Hi, I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin who_is_down)? benny I saw it couple of times after issuing sp_stop_rep_agent, only rebooting ASE with rep.agent helped. HTH, Eugene Benny Pei wrote: > Hi, > > I have disabled repagent in a database and set ltm ignore already. How > come the rep server shows the rep agent is down when I run (admin > who_is_down)? > > benny You have disabled it in the DB directly, but perhaps you havent notified Repserve...

Script to test Rep Server connection status
Need a script to test if the thread connection for Replication server has gone down. This should be done every 15 minutes automatically specifically for weekends or after hours. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You can do the following in your script 1. Run "admin who" in repserver and redirect the output to a temp file. REP<<EOF >tmp admin who go EOF 2. grep "Down" and count the number of lines from the output file. NUM=`grep "Down" tmp | wc -l' 3. ...

My simple script won't run on my web server
Here's the code... #!/usr/bin/perl print "<HTML>\n"; print "<HEAD>\n"; print "<TITLE>Perl Test Page</TITLE>\n"; print "</HEAD>\n"; print "<BODY>\n"; print "Perl Test Page\n"; print "</BODY>\n"; print "</HTML>\n"; when I run it from the command line, it runs fine and prints out the results, but I get a 500 error every time I try to run it on my web server. The permissions on the file are set to 755, so the script should have per...

Calling Server script from java script
hi,      please explain me that how to call server side script(code) from java script .      Advance thanks for your help.    ThanksRaja Ragothaman hi dear, try it http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Ajax_Call_using_AjaxNet.asp i hope it will help you. Thanks, Best Regards, Muhammad Akhtar ShiekhPlease remember to mark the appropriate replies as answer after your question is solved, thanks with using AJAX , there is another way to do this ?ThanksRaja Ragothaman without using AJAX , there is another way to do this ?ThanksRaja Rag...

Location of rep. queues and rep.server???
We have a Warm/standby system in our LAN system. What I really want to do is to move the unix box on which standby server runs to an aother building(different physical location) because of disaster puposes. As you guess, there will be a communication line between active and standby servers and I am not sure how it will affect the replication when the line fails. Should I replace the replication queue and the rep server on active side or on the standby side? Which is the bestway? Regards. ALPER ONEY I.S.E TAKASBANK INC. it is recommended that the warm standby replication serv...

how to link client script with server script
first, i want to know how to write server script. then, i want to know how to link these two types of script. regards, TNO What do you mean a server script? The only way you can get JavaScript to talk to server side code is by using posting back a form to the server or using Ajax. EricPascarello.com | Twitter epascarello | LinkedIn...

How to create a simple NTP Server with indy servers?
Hi... Im looking for a source or tip to create a simple National Time Protocol Server the NTP Server. Thanx in advance On 26/09/2012 21:17, Paulo Paulo wrote: > Hi... > > Im looking for a source or tip to create a simple National Time Protocol Server > the NTP Server. > > Thanx in advance Simple Network Time Protocol is SNTP. As versions of full NTP are already available for Windows (NTP will serve SNTP clients), why bother? See: http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html But I have written a form of SNTP client in Delphi 5, so likely you could ...

Maximum rep agents per rep server
Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a single rep server can support? On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:34:23 -0800, salleeb wrote: > Is there a recommended maximum number of rep agents that a > single rep server can support? I haven't heard of any such figure. My guess is that this depends on the OS and hardware, network bandwidth, and amount of activity of each rep agent - i.e. "it depends". Michael -- Michael Peppler [TeamSybase] mpeppler@peppler.org - http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase DBA/Developer Sybase on Linux FAQ: http://www.peppler.org/...

Calling server Script Value in Client Script?

Passing variables between Server scripts and client scripts!
Hi, I am having difficulty in passing a variable from a server script to a client script. I am looking to take a parameter that is passed into an ASP page from another page and use this parameter in a client side script.Is it possible to do this?? A simplified version of what I want to do is: <% Dim Tag Tag = Request.QueryString("ID") %> ........... <%Script Language="VBScript"> Dim Tag2 Tag2 = <%=Tag%> document.write(Tag2) <Script> Any help greatly appreciated!! 1. need quotes around the literal value in cli...

RE: Simple script requires simple soulution
Hello, I have the script below giving the folowing error meesages. =>Useless use of string in void context at extract_data_from_IPR_HMM_libs.pl line 12. =>Useless use of a constant in void context at extract_data_from_IPR_HMM_libs.pl line 13. Even though the script works and I get the desired output, what is causing these messages? Also, does anyone know how I introduce a blank line. The script starts printing out beginning with NAME on the first line. I am trying to get a blank before every NAME line except the very for first. cheers. _SCRIPT_ #...

getting string from server script to Client script
Hello,I am posting string data from C++ application, which uses activex webbrowser control, to ASP. The only way i can post this string in binary using safearray.Anyhow, I am able to successfully read this string in ASP server and assign it to client script varible using following statement.inputstr = "<%Response.BinaryWrite(Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes))%>" The problem is when i have some special characters like ",\r,\n... in my string.Is there a way to get this string to client sdie, so that i parse it and populate fields.Thanks You might want to consider serializing your C++ objects into JSON (JavaScript Object Notation). Through JSON you can manipulate a JavaScript representation of your C++ object and pull out the strings as needed.Free: Win a Copy of Beginning CSS: Cascading Style Sheets for Web Design. Visit that link (my blog) for more details! - Adam Kahtava [http://adam.kahtava.com]...

client-side scripting or server-side scripting
I want to perform data validation in my page using javascript before the data is sent to my server, but I am very confuse that I don't know which way to perform, client-side validation or server-side validation? My javascript bible told me that javascript is a client-side scripting for data validation in client pc, but when I look in my asp.net bible, the validation part is done at server side. The worst is that, I find no way to use javascript in .asp or .aspx environment. I am really confuse with all these, could any one help me on this? Thanks. Use .NET validator co...

Advantages of Writing Client Script in Server Script
Hi, I have a simple question: what is the advantages of writing client script in server script and then register the client script by using RegisterClientScriptBlock instead of type it in aspx file? I really appreciate if you provide the examples too. Regards, Haris  There can be many cases when you would want the client side script to be generated as per some business rules, for e.g consider these cases:1. You want to show a javascript pop up message if a client presses some button and this button control is dynamically generated. 2. You want to put some dynamic code in ...

2 script tags, Script Language="javascript" and Script runat="server" in a web form.

Is it possible to pass value from server script to client script?

Difference between client side scripting and server side scripting
Hi,      Can u  plz, explain why the server side scripting is necessary, inorder to write the client side scripting. What is the main difference between the client side scripting and server side scripting. Client-side scripting is code that is executed on the client side, such as JavaScript. Server-side scripting is code that is executed on the server, such as VB, VB.NET, C#, or J#. For a better definition of server-side scripting and when it's necessary, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server-side_scriptingRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP...

How to call a client side script from a server side script?
Hi guys, I have a Button1_Click function which gets executed on the server side as soon as Button1 is clicked. I have a client side function, test, which is  written in vbscript. I need to call this test function from the Button1_Click function. Can anyone of you please tell me how to do this? The test function is inside an asp:content tag (Please excuse my terminology if I am wrong, I am new to all this).  Thanks and Regards, RJ Have you tried to use the below code Button1.Attributes.Add("onclick","test()"); HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | Yes, ...

Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting
hello I need an article that spaeks about Client-Side scripting vs Server-Side scripting,and when i need to use one of them thank you for the help and for the time here are some good links to a bunch of articles on that subject...

client side script Vs Server side Script
Which is better ? Using Client Side validations with Java Script or Using Server Side validation controls provided in asp.net You should use both... Client-side for a rich user experience and server-side to support browsers without javascript support or with javascript turned off....

Cannot register client script from server side script tag
I'm trying to register a client script from vb.net code in a server script tag in the .aspx file like so:    Private Sub RegisterFtpFolderClientScript()            'Register the returnValue client script      Dim script As String      Dim ftpServer As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("FtpServer")       script = "<script type='text/javascript'>" & vbCrLf _        &...

Web resources about - A simple RS thoughput script ? - sybase.rep-server

Energy monitoring and targeting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Energy monitoring and targeting (M&T) is an energy efficiency technique based on the standard management axiom stating that “you cannot manage ...

How AppHarbor Works - AppHarbor
1. You push .NET and Windows code to AppHarbor using Git, Mercurial, Subversion or Team Foundation Server with the complimentary Git service ...

Glossary of technical terms - CableWholesale.com
CableWholesale Technical Glossary

WHY “CAPABILITY”? - DJAA
The eagle-eyed observer of Kanban will have spotted that recently, I and my team have subtly changed some of our messaging. We’ve adopted the ...

Spansion to Launch HyperBus I/F for Automotive - EE Times
Spansion has developed HyberBus Interface, targeting in-car systems that demand instant-on and interactive graphical user interface. The proprietary ...

Video Backup System Amiga
The Video Backup System Amiga (VBS) lets you connect a VCR to yourCommodore Amiga computer and turns it into an extremely reliable and affordablebackup ...

Dell Latitude ATG D620, a review of Dell Latitude ATG D620
Laptop Magazine reviews Dell Latitude ATG D620, Dell debuts its first semi-rugged notebook, and it's a winner.

Another look at Little’s Law - Positive Incline
Little’s law must surely be queuing theory’s most beautiful result. It shows how cycle times, work in progress and throughput are related over ...

Hyperbola
SpaceTrak3 Login Home Products SpaceTrak World Launcher Review Conference About Programme Presentations Book Now About Us Our Team Contact Us ...

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...