database web site or file web site

I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a
database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the
DW does't work why?

0
John
10/17/2000 6:21:35 PM
sybase.powersite 2112 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What error checking is in place?
Which method call is failing first?

In article <NYTEanGOAHA.267@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com
says...

--
John Strano [TeamSybase]		Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
jstrano@ctpartners.com		   Emerging Technology Solutions

                          e-Map Solutions Provider
0
John
10/17/2000 7:32:39 PM
the web page is very simple,I didn't put any method,I only put a DW,I put
the browser info as following(but the same page works fine in database
website).did I make anything wrong in deployment?for deployment,which
controller should I use?If I use IIS,must I use ASP controller?may I use
PowerDynamo controller to deploy,so the web page works fine in both PWS and
IIS?
thank you

browser info:
Warning: undefined variable psServer near line 61 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
psServer.GetConnection[GetConnection] near line 61 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable psDocument
near line 62 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined
variable psDocument.GetParam[GetParam] near line 62 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
OBJECT1.conn.CreateCursor[CreateCursor] near line 76 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
this.conn.GetError[GetError] near line 58 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
psDocument.Write[Write] near line 58 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
Warning: undefined variable error.GetCode[GetCode] near line 58 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
error.GetMessage[GetMessage] near line 58 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
OBJECT1.cursor.EOF[EOF] near line 93 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
Warning: undefined variable psServer.ActiveExtension[ActiveExtension] near
line 95 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
psServer.URLEncode[URLEncode] near line 95 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
OBJECT1.cursor.GetValue[GetValue] near line 95 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
OBJECT1.cursor.MoveNext[MoveNext] near line 106 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
psDocument.GetEnv[GetEnv] near line 46 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
OBJECT1.cursor.GetRowCount[GetRowCount] near line 121 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Unable to import /web2/ObjMod.ssc.
Unable to load "/objmod.ssc" in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
Warning: undefined variable InitObjects near line 4 in
"/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"

0
John
10/17/2000 8:24:08 PM
We'll try a number of things, but first...
.....open a DOS window and change to
<disk>:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder

....at the DOS prompt enter.....
regsvr32 psdwc70.dll

....ensure that in your C:\WINNT\system32 directory,
there is a file "msjava.dll",
if not, you may need to reinstall your IE browser with Java enabled.
If msjava.dll _is_ present on your disk,
please post the datetime stamp on the file here in your reply.

In article <vfVd5rHOAHA.53@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com
says...
> the web page is very simple,I didn't put any method,I only put a DW,I put
> the browser info as following(but the same page works fine in database
> website).did I make anything wrong in deployment?for deployment,which
> controller should I use?If I use IIS,must I use ASP controller?may I use
> PowerDynamo controller to deploy,so the web page works fine in both PWS and
> IIS?
> thank you
>
> browser info:
> Warning: undefined variable psServer near line 61 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> psServer.GetConnection[GetConnection] near line 61 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable psDocument
> near line 62 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined
> variable psDocument.GetParam[GetParam] near line 62 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> OBJECT1.conn.CreateCursor[CreateCursor] near line 76 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> this.conn.GetError[GetError] near line 58 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> psDocument.Write[Write] near line 58 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
> Warning: undefined variable error.GetCode[GetCode] near line 58 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> error.GetMessage[GetMessage] near line 58 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> OBJECT1.cursor.EOF[EOF] near line 93 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
> Warning: undefined variable psServer.ActiveExtension[ActiveExtension] near
> line 95 in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> psServer.URLEncode[URLEncode] near line 95 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> OBJECT1.cursor.GetValue[GetValue] near line 95 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> OBJECT1.cursor.MoveNext[MoveNext] near line 106 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> psDocument.GetEnv[GetEnv] near line 46 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Warning: undefined variable
> OBJECT1.cursor.GetRowCount[GetRowCount] near line 121 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm" Unable to import /web2/ObjMod.ssc.
> Unable to load "/objmod.ssc" in "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"
> Warning: undefined variable InitObjects near line 4 in
> "/isolweb/wats/watsjar/employee.htm"

--
John Strano [TeamSybase]		Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
jstrano@ctpartners.com		   Emerging Technology Solutions
					         www.ctpartners.com

                          e-Map Solutions Provider
0
John
10/17/2000 8:45:41 PM
John:
Thank you so much
I did as what you said,but it still doesn't work,the result is same.my
msjava.dll is 5/8/98 8:17AM.

0
John
10/17/2000 10:02:00 PM
Backup your current msjava.dll
and put the version I'm emailing you in place.

In article <xJPPliIOAHA.53@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com
says...

--
John Strano [TeamSybase]		Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
jstrano@ctpartners.com		   Emerging Technology Solutions
					         www.ctpartners.com

                          e-Map Solutions Provider
0
John
10/17/2000 10:46:19 PM
John:
Thank you once again,but I am so sorry that it still doesn't work(same
result).

0
John
10/18/2000 2:12:32 PM
Have you imported objmod.ssc and is the path correct to it?
Was that file ever installed into the file system?

In article <0#IG8AROAHA.202@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com
says...

--
John Strano [TeamSybase]		Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
jstrano@ctpartners.com		   Emerging Technology Solutions
					         www.ctpartners.com

                          e-Map Solutions Provider
0
John
10/24/2000 3:28:46 PM
yes,I checked file system,objmod.ssc is there automaticlly

John Strano [TeamSybase] <nichtspam_jstrano@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Have you imported objmod.ssc and is the path correct to it?
> Was that file ever installed into the file system?
>
> In article <0#IG8AROAHA.202@forums.sybase.com>, zhangj@pendylum.com
> says...
> > John:
> > Thank you once again,but I am so sorry that it still doesn't work(same
> > result).
> >

> --
> John Strano [TeamSybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> jstrano@ctpartners.com    Emerging Technology Solutions
>          www.ctpartners.com
>
>                           e-Map Solutions Provider

0
John

database web site vs file web site
I made a web page using PowerSite(include datawindow),if I deploy it to a database web site it works fine,but if i deploy it into a file web site,the DW does't work why? What happens? Any errors? If you're using the DTC does the site contain objmod.ssc? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. Coming Soon: Web DataWindow Book Web DataWindow Articles: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1003371 "John Zhang" <zhangj@pendylum.com> wrote in message news:$JmH3bcPAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > I made a web page using Power...

The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to.
Name: Zachary Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: The web site suggestions when you start to type in a web site are no where near what the web site is that I want to go to. Comments: The web site suggestions are not even close to the web site I want to go to. In Firefox 2 the web site suggestions were perfect, where when you started to type in a web site the web site that you wanted came up in the suggestions if you've been to that web site before. But now in Firefox 3 it also goes by the web sites heading which I don't like. For example, if I wanted to go to fa...

How to change "File System" web site to "HTTP" Web site
I created a new web site as file based "File System". How can I change this same site to "HTTP" based web site. When createing a new website notice the Location pulldown box contains 3 options (File System, HTTP, FTP) But I do not see how to change my "File System" web site to "HTTP" when the project is alredy created and open. Please advise!! Well, you can open IIS, create a new website. Set its home directory to the Web folder of your site. Then go and create a new project using http. I don't really think you can convert between File Syst...

How to copy web site or publish web site
Hello:  I have connection problem when copying web site. After  clicking FTP stie, I typed server name or server address  and  21 as port, then I got error: could not find a web server on port 21. However, I have IIS installed on this server It works fine if I type http://servername/index.asp.  I choose remote website, then typing web site locatioin: http://servename. However, I got error: The web server does not appear to have the Frontpage server extensions installed.   How could I copy or publish .net to the server?  Your help is highly appreciated ...

Enbeding a web site into another web site
Hi, I have a website and I want to reference another website from within but I still want the same menus displayed. For example I want the call to the external website from within my website. I have a masterpage and I want the website to be within a ContentPlaceHolder. Any ideas?  Thanks In the ContentPlaceHolder you can place an IFrame and show that website.For iframe features you can lookhttp://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.aspHope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::...

File->New->Web Site Is not providing the correct dialog for creating a new web site
I've just recently noticed that when I attempt to create a new web site from the File->New->Web Site menu item, the IDE is not providing me with the correct dialog box any longer.   Instead I'm getting this dialog which should be for a windows gui app I think...   Anybody ever experience this one? thanks./   doug Hi, Bro i must say that there is some serious problem with your VS ... don't mind. Never had anything like this.Faraz Shah KhanMCP, MCAD.Net, MCSD.Net, MCTS-Win/Web, MCPD-WebBlog Hi drdexter33,   Please go into Add/Remove Programs and choose...

Web site error after publishing web site
Hi, I'm on shared hosting. I have developed a site locally and uploaded it using ftp to my host so that I could test the payment gateway insitu. That is to say I uploaded the aspx pages, the codebehinds and the class files in the App_Code folder. Everything worked fine and I'm pretty much finished so I thought to myself that I should use the Publish process in VS.NET 2005 instead. I did that and then uploaded the published files to the site. Big mistake. I now get a compilation error that I just can't get rid of. The error is: Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'ProfileCommon' exis...

how transfar data from web site to other web site
hi everybody i need to transfar or move data like user name from one web site to other web site without using sql Server session state is there anyway to complete this thank you very much Hi, the easiest way would be to use the querystring. Mind however that this can be captured so don't put in sensitive data. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Hi, Yes you can pass these values in the query string provided you properly encrypt the data and use the same mechanism/logic/utility to encrypt/decrypt...

Update publish web site without doing down the web site?
HI, I have a web site which is production server.I want to do minor change like change text of a label. I want to do it without doing down to web site. Thanks in advance.  just edit the aspx file that you need to ... it won't put down the server at all, the user wont't see anything! ...

Web Site Administration Tool
Non-programmer trying to build simple company website. Can not access Web Site Administration Tool. 'Connecting to website...' flashes briefly, then returns to VWDExpress. Are there settings that I'm not checking properly? The website opens in a browser. bkpacker1@sbcglobal.net Is IIS installed?CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease click on 'Mark as Answer' if this post answered your question! No. I understood that the VWD Express edition used the built-in Web server. Got the WAT; but when choosing the Select A single Provider for all Site management Data option on ...

Copy Web Site & Publish Web Site
So I need some help understanding this.I had been using VS2005 Beta 2 to work on an internal site.  To put a new version up on the web server, I used the Publish feature.  Worked great.A co-worker will be assisting with some of the changes now.  Since she doesn't have VS2005, she downloaded VWD.  I removed my VS2005 and installed VWD so that I could get a feel for what she'll be using (she's new to .NET dev; I'm new to ASP.NET).  One of the things missing from VWD is the Publish feature.  Doh!So my question is, how does this work in terms of compiling code? ...

Display a different web site inside a web site
Hi, I have an ASP.NET 2.0 page with a table object. I have a sitemap in one of the cells and I want to click links to other website and display them in anoher table cell if possible. I can get the links to just redirect the entire page to the new URL but I want it in a seperate cell. If this can't be done is there another way to do it. Maybe not using a table or ot using sitemap etc ?? thanks d-man Hi, If you want to show a different website within a page, you can user the Iframe object. I have written an article on this.  Check http://harishmvp.blogspot.com/2005/04/loading-pages...

I made a web site project that is an alarming web site. Looking for a asp.net 2.0 web hosting, but which?
- The web site is going to have members and members can add some notes to be remembered as if is selected weekly, daily, etc (Like Google Calender !) - So it is supposed to the web site will be very active every hour of day. Searching the notes and if some notes returned to be sent, the web site will send it to each concerning client. -So should I use shared or dedicated server. -Do you advice me some hosting companies which have good hosting plans. Thanks in advance BK Hello, It depends on your requirements - database support, traffic, disk space, also your budget is very imp...

how can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site
Can you display another web site's web page in your web page without leaving your site? I know you could use a frameset with .asp, but it looks like Visual Web Delevoper 2005 does not have any controls to setup a frameset. Any help, that would point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks Patrick     With screen scraping 4GuysFromRolla.Com: Screen Scrapes in ASP.NEThttp://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070601-1.shtmlThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU Thank you. This information was a great help!!! Thanks again Patrick...

Web resources about - database web site or file web site - sybase.powersite

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database