Using PDF files in PB

I create PDF files from within my pwoerbuilder program using the SAVEAS
function.
I need to append them from inside of another powerbuilder program.

Anybody have any ideas that could help me.

Thanks
Scott

0
Scott

check this out - http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

Brad

Scott Holmberg wrote:
> I create PDF files from within my pwoerbuilder program using the SAVEAS
> function.
> I need to append them from inside of another powerbuilder program.
>
> Anybody have any ideas that could help me.
>
> Thanks
> Scott

0
Brad
11/12/2004 7:23:23 PM
This is some code somebody sent me:, based on an article at
http://www.planetpdf.com/binthing~WebPageID,47.htm

boolean of_merge_dir (as_dir_name string, as_merge_file_name string)

Boolean  b_save
String      strFileName, strPath
Integer  iNumberOfPagesToInsert,iLastPage
Long   l_file

OLEObject AcroExchApp, AcroExchPDDoc,AcroExchInsertPDDoc

lb_dir.DirList(as_dir_name + '\*.pdf', 0)

AcroExchApp = CREATE OLEObject
AcroExchApp.ConnectToNewObject ("AcroExch.App")
AcroExchPDDoc = CREATE OLEObject
AcroExchPDDoc.ConnectToNewObject ("AcroExch.PDDoc")

// Set the directory / folder to use
strPath = trim(as_dir_name)
If strPath <> '' and right(strPath,1) <> '\' Then strPath += '\'
// Open the first file in the directory
AcroExchInsertPDDoc = CREATE OLEObject
AcroExchInsertPDDoc.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

// Start the loop.
For l_file = 1 to lb_dir.TotalItems()
 lb_dir.SelectItem(l_file)
 strFileName = lb_dir.SelectedItem()

 // Get the total pages less one for the last page num [zero based]
 AcroExchPDDoc.Open(strPath + strFileName)
 iLastPage = AcroExchPDDoc.GetNumPages - 1

 // Open the file to insert
 AcroExchInsertPDDoc = CREATE OLEObject
 AcroExchInsertPDDoc.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")
 AcroExchInsertPDDoc.Open(strPath + strFileName)
 // Get the number of pages to insert
 iNumberOfPagesToInsert = AcroExchInsertPDDoc.GetNumPages

 // Insert the pages
 // skip first one
 If l_file > 1 Then
  AcroExchPDDoc.InsertPages(iLastPage, AcroExchInsertPDDoc, 0,
iNumberOfPagesToInsert, True )
 End If
 // Close the document
 AcroExchInsertPDDoc.Close
Next

// Save the entire document in new name
AcroExchPDDoc.Save(1,as_merge_file_name)
// Close the PDDoc
AcroExchPDDoc.Close

// Close Acrobat Exchange
AcroExchApp.Exit

Return True

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Scott Holmberg" <scott.holmbergNOSPAM@randolph.af.mil> wrote in message
> I create PDF files from within my pwoerbuilder program using the SAVEAS
> function.
> I need to append them from inside of another powerbuilder program.
>
> Anybody have any ideas that could help me.
>
> Thanks
> Scott

0
Terry