Use of code tables in Powerbuilder

Hi Guys,

Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in
PowerBuilder(8.0)
Any reference site for this is most welcome!!!

Thanks in advance,
Manjula

0
manjula

That's a rather vague question.  Could you be a bit more specific
about what you need to know?

On 6 Dec 2006 03:17:56 -0800, "manjula" <vishal.manjula@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Would anyone please tell me how do we make use of code tables in
>PowerBuilder(8.0)
>Any reference site for this is most welcome!!!
>

>Thanks in advance,
>Manjula

0
Bruce

Using Detail view to edit fields that using a code table ...
I am using a DetailView Control bind to a sqldatasource to dispaly/update/insert a table. Several of the columns in the table has the code value and an external code table store the dispaly value. Can anybody show me the best way to do this. Like how to set the EditTemplates show the display value and update and insert using the code value?...

Using code table
I have a grid with a column defined as code table, and several of the rows in this grid contains the identical value in the actual column. When I change the first row containing f.ex the value 2 1/2, all the other rows containing 2 1/2 gets the value 2.5 automatically. 2.5 is the data value for the display value 2 1/2. If I change the same column in another row, i.e. not the first, this does not happen. If anyone knows a way to get around this I would be grateful for answers. I would recommend re-posting this message in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow. This forum...

fill datagrid from database using Data table and Data set using asp.net with vb code
hello every body, any body know this answers, help me.   Thanks and Regards , Moorthy Rangasamy. dim con as sqlconnection,ad as sqldataadapter,dt as datatable,ds as dataset Dim st As String        st = "select * from emp"        con = New SqlConnection        con.ConnectionString = "data source=localhost;initial catalog=sridb;persist security info=False;user id=sa;password=meritel;packet size=4096"        Try &nbs...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

Creating Table Using Code
Hi there, I would like to create a table which specific field name and size and data type upon clicking a button. The table name that I would like to create is Courses. The field names are: Course_Code --> Data Type is Text, Field Size is 8 Course_Name --> Data Type is Text, Field Size is 50 Credit_Hours --> Data Type is Integer, Field Size is 2 May I know how to create it using SQL statement in ASP.Net? Pls assist accordingly. Thank you. The details of the CREATE script are database specific, but you can use ExecuteNonQuery to call the script when...

use hidden code or write the code using html platform
i confuse which one is better if i use hidden code with write the coding into <namefile>.aspx.vb or just write in html platform that provided in vs.studio.net. i think if i write the coding in html platform... what the different if i use asp than asp.net. what others viewing with my problem....Percaya pada kebolehan sendiri by "hidden code" i assume you mean code-behind. i use code-behind as much as possible because the programming environment is much more friendly - e.g. auto-code completion, underlining, etc. but it does require deployment of DLLs. not using code...

DropdownDW that uses a code table
I have a datawindow which uses a code table and is of external type. This dw is used as a dropdown for a column in another datawindow. My problem is I don't see my values in code table after I run my application. I have tried using a datawindowChild retrieve etc but that did not work. Can anyone help Regards Mel ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A dropdown datawindow shows the rows of data in the dropdown, not the possible values in a code table. You'll need to insert a couple of rows with each possib...

How to generate Powerbuilder code from table
I am trying to figure out how to generate an NVO (nonvisual object) with standard getter/setter methods from a table. The ObjectArchitect module does a reasonable job of allowing the creation of an NVO with private instance variables whose access is controlled via get/set methods. However, I can't see a way in ObjectArchitect to pull a table from a datasource and then build a new class from it. Basically, I just trying to do a standard Java-style value object (pseudo-container managed persistance). Thanks, Jason You reverse engineer the table into the Physical model, t...

Using Code behind for tables
Hey all, I am using the code behind file to dynamically add controls to a site. I want these controls in a table. If I am adding checkbox controls then I want it to have two checkboxes per row. So my problem is as follows:I start off by making a new table and table row and cell control . I then go through each checkbox that needs to be added (in a loop) and then add the checkbox to the cell and then the row to the table. This puts them all one under the other. Thanks           Dim dtrow As TableRow Dim dtcell As TableCellDim chk As Ch...

update oracle table using powerscript
I'm trying to update a table as follows using a oracle built in funtion. > > > datetime variable ldt_submission_date > > update table > set column_name = add_months(ldt_submission_date, 20) > where id = 270; >I've tried add_months(:ldt_submission_date, 20) > where id = 270; > > I am getting an error when executing this code using the add_months > function. > > when I substitute the add_months function with sysdate, it works. > > What am I doing wrong here? > > why doesn't powerbuilder understand that I...

Printing Bar Codes Using PowerBuilder
I need to print Bar-Codes using an in-house developed system (PowerBuilder 6.5), can any one help and tell me if it is possible, and how? -- Abdulrahman H Althunayan aha@sabq8.org Tel: +965 244 3346 Fax: + 965 245 0339 You need to use barcode fonts, then print as you normally do -- search the web for "3 of 9". -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Abdulrahman Althunayan" <aha@sabq8.org> wrote in message news:$7bj4u$X$GA.306@forums.sybase.com... > I need to print Bar-Cod...

Using f_makeddlb with large code tables
Does anyone know how web.pb handles large code tables used in a ddlb created with f_makeddlb? Does it return all rows as an html select statement, or is there some limit where is just cuts off? I'm having failures in an app when the source table is large. Had to remove the drop down feature and just put in a text box. Works ok if the table has just a few rows. Is the limit here determined by PC memory or some parm that limits how many bytes can be in an html. Hey! I have found that if you try to return more than 32K worth of information, everything craps out on you. However, I...

Web resources about - Use of code tables in Powerbuilder - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles