SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.

Hi,

My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my
applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't.  When I run the
application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts.
When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login
box.  No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the
following SQLSTATE = 08001 error.  How can I stop this from occurring?  The
SQLCA code and ini file are below.

code:
startupfile = "pds.ini"
/* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */
sqlca.DBMS       = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbms",       "")
sqlca.database   = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "database",   "")
sqlca.userid     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "userid",     "")
sqlca.dbpass     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbpass",     "")
sqlca.servername = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "servername", "")
sqlca.dbparm     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbparm",     "")
connect;

ini file:
[SQLCA]
DBMS=ODBC
Database=pds
UserId=dba
Dbpass=sql
ServerName=
DbParm=Connectstring='DSN=pds;UID=dba;PWD=sql'
Prompt=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Dan

0
Dan

Does the database exists on the target machine?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Dan Van Vehmendahl <danv@mgpinfo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my
> applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't.  When I run the
> application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts.
> When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a
login
> box.  No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the
> following SQLSTATE = 08001 error.  How can I stop this from occurring?
The
> SQLCA code and ini file are below.
>
> code:
> startupfile = "pds.ini"
> /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */
> sqlca.DBMS       = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbms",       "")
> sqlca.database   = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "database",   "")
> sqlca.userid     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "userid",     "")
> sqlca.dbpass     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbpass",     "")
> sqlca.servername = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "servername", "")
> sqlca.dbparm     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbparm",     "")
> connect;
>
> ini file:
> [SQLCA]
> DBMS=ODBC
> Database=pds
> UserId=dba
> Dbpass=sql
> ServerName=
> DbParm=Connectstring='DSN=pds;UID=dba;PWD=sql'
> Prompt=0
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> Dan

0
Eric
7/27/1999 11:04:03 AM
It sounds like the pds.ini is not in the current path.  Try sending a
messagebox prior to connet to see what values are coming into sqlca.dbms,
etc.

Messagebox("SQL TEST", sqlca.dbparm)

Dan Van Vehmendahl <danv@mgpinfo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my
> applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't.  When I run the
> application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts.
> When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a
login
> box.  No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the
> following SQLSTATE = 08001 error.  How can I stop this from occurring?
The
> SQLCA code and ini file are below.
>
> code:
> startupfile = "pds.ini"
> /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */
> sqlca.DBMS       = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbms",       "")
> sqlca.database   = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "database",   "")
> sqlca.userid     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "userid",     "")
> sqlca.dbpass     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbpass",     "")
> sqlca.servername = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "servername", "")
> sqlca.dbparm     = ProfileString (startupfile, "SQLCA", "dbparm",     "")
> connect;
>
> ini file:
> [SQLCA]
> DBMS=ODBC
> Database=pds
> UserId=dba
> Dbpass=sql
> ServerName=
> DbParm=Connectstring='DSN=pds;UID=dba;PWD=sql'
> Prompt=0
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> Dan

1
David

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

can we run another application from a PB application
Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from an already running PB application? If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and continue with the second? Thanks, Menka Gupta Corsair Communications, Inc. Run("secondapp.exe") Halt Close S Rivankar Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>... >Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from >an already running PB application? > >If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and >con...

Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need
Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service. You can easily configure Application as Service using its intuitive GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software. Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables, monitoring and detailed logging as well as many other features. You can use Application as Service software to: Launch any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 service at system boot, before user logon; Automatically start applications before and after ser...

run as a service, not run as an application
How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an application. Your kindest most honest response will be appreciated. ------ PIII / 1Ghz / 384mb ram / WinXP Pro Sp2 / AntiVir / Kerio 4.2.1 / Ad-aware / Spybot / a-squared / Spyware Doctor / Proxomitron / A4Proxy "John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote: > How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an > application. Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here: How To Create a User-Defined Service http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/ G...

Web Application Running running real slow when working with data over the Internet.
Hi,I created web application based on the Visual Studio 2005 personal Web Site Starter Kit template that works but is slow when working with data (edit, select, update etc).  If I am just selecting menu items and/or navigating to diferent pages to view the master page records everything is ok or seems ok. I attached a sql server 2005 DB that consists of part records to the website and creadted master and detail pages that have a gridview and formview control that allows the end-user to edit and enter data.  I have Drop Down List that update releted text fields when a selectio...

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

PowerBuilder application run once
Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C. www.esistemex.com What�s your environment ? PB and DB version, error message, etc... <Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem news:B06B33753CA971DA0058B9BB85256ABC.0058B9CB85256ABC@webforums... Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C. www.esistemex.com This shouls help. http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html /ck <Lucio_Sanchez&...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Forced run application always runs?
Okay, I've got an app setup to force run. I have not checked the "run always" box, nor is the "run once" box checked. It runs a simple application (the nipp-s.exe file for iPrint 4.05) But it runs every time you login? I thought that the force run looked at the GUID in the registry and if it was there, it wouldn't run again? If it's supposed to run always, then what's the purpose of the run always box (seems redundant) Further, I put a registry key requirement that IF it sees the DisplayName key and it does NOT equal: "Novell iP...

Running PB8 application from a scheduler application
I am trying to migrate a PB6.5 app to PB8.0. The migrated app runs fine from the command line or when invoked from explorer. We use a scheduling application called "SmartBatch". When the migrated app is started from within this scheduler app, the application does not even start. There is no error message whatsoever. The run time dll's for PB8 are all there. But the PB6.5 version of the same application runs just fine from the scheduler. Does anybody have anything to say about this? The server runs both PB6.5 apps and PB8 apps. I also verified that co_existence of t...

Run application program using RUN
I need to run a batch program. However, the batch file is located in a folder that contains spaces. So I included quotes around the complete path but still the program fails to run. Run('"c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat"') or Run("c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat") does not work! Is there another way or external API available to execute a batch file from withing PB? We use that all the time, and it works just fine: string ls_runStr ls_runStr = '\\servername\share name\folder name\program name.exe' Run( ls_runStr ) What's...

Running an MVC Application as a Sub-Application?
 I'm attempting to create an MVC application as a sub-application to my standard Asp.Net Web application. Both of these projects are inside the same solution. While the parent application appears to be going fine, I'm having trouble getting the sub-application to work. After some massaging of my two web.configs, I was able to get the Asp.Net runtime to accept the configurations, but I have been unable to browse to any of the pages/controllers in the MVC application, including the root of the sub-application ("http://RootSite/SubApplicationName/"). I continually get 404...

We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app
We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app - it always generates the following message: PB90.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. If we run the app through the debugger, there is never any such error upon closing out of the application. I can never find any error log file that gets created. We are running the PB code on a Novell network against an Oracle 8 database. Any s...

Run VCL Application as Service or as Application with Forms
Hi, I have an existing VCL application based, comprising of serveral forms, timers and worker threads. Now I've been asked to make it possible to have the program be started/executed as a service as well (e.g. before the first user logs on, without the ability to show any forms of course). The application is based on VCL, having TFoms, TThreads and TTimers. I have also once written a system service based on the TService base class, which worked OK. Unfortunately as it's not possible to have the main form derive form TForm and TService at the same time I have no idea what it wo...

Web resources about - SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK. - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles