Sockets

Does anyone have a suggestion for the easiest and best way to implement
sockets in their PB application?

Thanks.

Shenn Sellers
waste.ssellers@co.riverside.ca.us

0
Shenn

I use freeware OCX (SocketWrench) from Catalyst (www.catalyst.com)
Wether it is the best implementation I don't know, but it works for me.

Maciek.

Shenn Sellers wrote:

>Does anyone have a suggestion for the easiest and best way to implement
>sockets in their PB application?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Shenn Sellers
>waste.ssellers@co.riverside.ca.us

0
Maciej

ext/Socket/Socket.xs
In Socket.xs do I take it that this if (strEQ(name, "MSG_CTRUNC")) #if defined(MSG_TRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ return MSG_CTRUNC; #else goto not_there; #endif should be MSG_CTRUNC? As in: #if defined(MSG_CTRUNC) || defined(HAS_MSG_CTRUNC) /* might be an enum */ Secondly, Socket.pm EXPORTs MSG_URG, but there is no code to generate it in Socket.xs. Was this an oversight somewhere? Nicholas Clark On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 03:03:46PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote: > In Socket.xs do I take it that this > > if (strEQ(...

Socket to Socket example needed
Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set up a socket to socket connection. I would appeciate any examples or help anyone can offer. Thanks. Rob McGinness Rutland Regional Medical Center 802-747-6526 rmcginness@rrmc.org I guess that you talk about one AIM module that drives two socket conections. If you try to build such module, you must create two protocol objects within the project. Each protocol object can control its own related objects (frame, port, open, close, etc.) > Does anyone have any configuration examples of how to set > up a socket to socke...

socket
perlipc doc has sample for doing a socket: use IO::Socket; $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new( Proto => "tcp", PeerAddr => "localhost", PeerPort => "daytime(13)", ) or die "cannot connect to daytime port at localhost"; while ( <$remote> ) { print } but it dies for me. i see 'daytime' in /etc/services at port 13. osx 10.1.3 perl 5.6.1 Just because something's in services, doesn't mean it's running. Services indicates "names" for port numbers, e.g., &quo...

socket
Hola, qualcuno sa dirmi perch�: #!/usr/bin/perl use IO::Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"; } $|=1; $socket=IO::Socket::INET->new(PeerAddr =>$host, PeerPort=>80, Proto=>"TCP") || die"$!\n"; print $socket "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"; while(<$socket>){ print"$_\n"; } close($socket); FUNZIONA (scrivi e leggo dal socket),mentre al contrario: #!/usr/bin/perl use Socket; #use diagnostics; my $host=$ARGV[0]; if(!$host){ die"...host???\n"...

Socket
How to get the ipaddress of the client machine using Socket programing,i want to check which r the pc's r connected to the server using vb.net any example will be very helpfull for me thanks in advance PrasantHI think therefore i'mvPras© If you're representing the client as a Socket, this class has a RemoteEndPoint Public property that is of type EndPoint. It encapsulates information about the client. If you're representing the client as a TcpClient, this class has a Protected Client property of type Socket (thus getting to the RemoteEndPoint). Protected meaning you have ...

SOCKET
Hi all!!! Can any body help me with some information or docs about Sockets with Power Builder. I'm Working with PB 6.5, but if you have an example in PB 7 I can use it. Now I'm waiting for your help. :-) If you mean three-tier apps, pb has it's own communication objects (transport, connection). If you need something more than that you can use third-party libraries as OLE objects, because you can't work from pob directly with wsock32.dll. <CARRADINE> wrote in message news:1111D847FE7E5A290058E38C85256C75.0058E3D185256C75@webforums... > Hi all!...

Socket
Dear The Expert, Where can I find complete articles for implementing windows socket in ASP.NET? TIA Winan...

sockets
I'll be simple. I would like Java style Sockets, and Server Sockets. So I can write pb apps to connect/interface/serve directly to other apps based on TCP/IP. Without having to resort to going to third party controls. I would also like my EAServer course not to be posponed for another two months because noone apart from myself wants to go. I've been booked in since Nov last year, and still noone in Sydney wants to go. I've been told that they won't even consider a one-one training session, I think that says quite a lot about why there is a sheer lack of interest i...

socket.
------=_NextPart_000_06EB_01C3BF4D.037FCCC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have installed DBI-1.19, and trying to use radiator radius server to = call an MySQL query using DBI. I am getting the following error. My = actual socket is under /etc. I guess this error originates from the DBI. The install was perfect. Deen Wed Dec 10 18:29:47 2003: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler 'Realm=3DDEFAULT' Wed Dec 10 18:29:47 2003: DEBUG: Deleting session for mikem, 203.63.154.1, 1234 Wed Dec 10 ...

About sockets
May be this das not belong hire but I need to know. How can I determent that the packet was realy sent and received? How to disconect socket when there is no function for disconect? Milan, there is no way to see what is transmitted on the socket without doing hardward sniffing. as for closing the connection check out the property SocketReuseLimit. If you set that to 1 then it will close the connection after every call. -- Scott McReynolds Engineering Manager <Milan> wrote in message news:CCF158963E252705001EB0DD85256BEC.001EB0EA85256BEC@webforums... > May be th...

Web resources about - Sockets - sybase.powerscript

AC power plugs and sockets - British and related types - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plugs and sockets for portable appliances originated in Britain in the 1880s and were initially two pin designs. These were usually sold as a ...

usb charger to fit a car lighter socket - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Made a quick l7805 (think minty boost) charger for some gadgets. Runs from a car cigarette lighter plug, and outputs 5vdc to a female usb socket. ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... of iPhone , iPad , and IPod Touch . What do you think? Discuss "ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, ...

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
... until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating system, moving away from per socket ...

Meet Beam, the Android projector that turns any light bulb socket into an entertainment center
In case you were looking for an out-of-the-box smart projector, then Beam might be worth looking into. The unusual-looking device has just been ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
Launches x86 PowerEdge servers in bid to carve out more high-end server market share Read More