Selecting from DataWindow

Hi,

I am wondering if we can do kind of sql select command in DataWindow.

Suppose I have a data window with 3 columns

studentID   |   SubjectID   |   score
----------------+-------------------+------------
123            |   MT01         |    80
123            |   GO02         |    70
456            |   MT01         |    70
456            |   FS01         |     90

This is the result I am expecting

StudentID  |   maxScore           |
----------------+----------------------------|
123           | 80                        |
456           | 90                        |

In SQL it will be like this

select studentID, max(Score)
from Student
group by studentID

How do I do it if it (student table) was a datawindow?

I need it to be displayed on other datawindow control and exported to
excel after viewing it?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Jerry

0
jwvai316

Please do not post the same question to multiple newsgroups independently.

0
Scott

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

datawindow: SELECT
Hi, I have this problem. Suppose I have a table 'A' which has columns: ID, and description. A file 'B' which has 1 to 2000 IDs. I want to select all of the rows in table 'A' that have IDs in file 'B'. My solution was to add a tempory table name 'tmp' into the database (note that the user who running the application do not have the right to create or drop table). Then before doing the selection, I delete all row in table 'tmp', insert all IDs in file 'B' into it, then do a subquery select like SELECT ID, description ...

DataWindow Select
I have a problem. I have a datawindow that returns around 14000 rows. My connections is with Oracle. This DW in diferent executions returns diferents number of rows and never chage are done in database. Why can be this???? Thanks. Datawindow select is: SELECT expediente.expediente_id, sf_importe_preview (expediente.importe_pendiente, expediente.codigo_moneda_pendiente_id) importe_pendiente, sf_formato_moneda_defecto (expediente.importe_pendiente, expediente.codigo_moneda_pendiente_id) importe_pendiente_st, expediente.aportador_id, expediente.numero_expediente, exped...

Allow selection of columns (not in SELECT) for orderby in datawindow graphic mode
Request: Please allow selection of columns for order by clause when creating datawindow in graphic mode. The Sort tab only lists the columns selected for the select statement. If I goto the syntax mode and write my orderby clause and come back to the graphic mode - it wipes out the orderby clause. Thanks, -- RJ >>and come back to the graphic mode Just stay out of the graphic mode! Really, I've switched my brain over to the syntax mode mostly, long ago. It's because of reasons like this, the old thing can't paint modern SQL and is even worse at any vendo...

Datawindow select
When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using PB6.5 with Sybase. Thanks. Did you remember to load the pbsyc.sql stored procedures? These can be found in the /server directory on the install CD. steve [TeamPS] Saravana wrote: > > When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message > saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using > PB6.5 with Sybase. > Thanks. ...

datawindow.selected
datawindow.selected() highlight the column with black background. is there anyway to assign a different color. TIA. > datawindow.selected() highlight the column with black > background. is there anyway to assign a different color. > TIA. AFAIK, No ...

DataWindow selection
How can I avoid a text selected (by the user) in a DW field get lose when another control (on the same window) get focus? TIA I don't have this problem, even switching to another control on another tab (PBL Peeper was my test case, you can check it for yourself). Are you sure you have got code somewhere in your system that is causing this problem? Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 16 Jul 2004 08:50:08 -0700, "Ol" <oquesada76@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can I avoid a text selected (by the user) in a DW field get lose when ...

passing multiple select (selection list on a form) to html datawindow.
How do I pass a multi-select list box items on a form to a html datawindow as a page parameters? appreciate if someone can help. Thanks Syed. I found several ways to do this on www.irt.org if you want to search there for details. Try using client scripting and pass multiple parameters, one for each selected element in the list box. -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles (http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708) TechWave2000 Presentations AM34, Extending the Web DataWindow (Mon-T...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

SELECT from SELECT
Hi! I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested select, but I cannot seem to make it work. So it would be something like this: select max( name ) from ( select name from customer union select name from vendor ) Was I dreaming I saw that? Thanks! D In article <4500243f@forums-2-dub>, daniel_AT_infrontsoftware_DOT_com@N0SPAM.com says... > Hi! > > I remember seeing an example where you can do a select from a nested > select, but I cannot seem to make it work. No, you weren't. Try (UNTESTED!) adding a...

Datawindow select
When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is something missing? We are using PB6.5 with Sybase. Thanks. You have to install the required stored procedures in your SQL Server. The procedures are located in the script PBSYC.SQL and directions for running that script can be found in the Connecting To Your Database book. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com Saravana wrote: > When I tried to look at the SQL behind a datawindow it I get a message > saying sp_pb60primarykey not found. Is...

Web resources about - Selecting from DataWindow - sybase.powerscript

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo