Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.

I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any
hints.
Thanks
Jim
jimo@jdssc.com

in ls_mod_string
DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim2~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim3~", ~"inv~".~"price_by_dim4~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim5~",
~"inv~".~"ticket_desc~", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, ~"inv_dtl~".~"loc_price_group_id~" FROM ~"inv_dtl~",
~"inv~"
WHERE  inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN
( 3 )"

s_mod_return = dw_1.Modify(ls_mod_string)

After mod
dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select")
SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~",  ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim2~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim3~", ~"inv~".~"price_by_dim4~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim5~",
~"inv~".~"ticket_desc~", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, ~"inv_dtl~".~"loc_price_group_id~" FROM ~"inv_dtl~",
~"inv~"
WHERE  inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 )

Go into Powerbuilder Database painter and paste into ISQL Session 1 and
paste in the After Mod and remove the tildes
SELECT DISTINCT "inv_dtl"."inv_id",  "inv_dtl"."orig_cost",
"inv_dtl"."last_cost",
"inv_dtl"."regular_cost", "inv_dtl"."orig_price", "inv_dtl"."current_price",
"inv_dtl"."sugg_price", "inv"."vend_id", "inv"."style",
"inv"."price_by_dim2",
"inv"."price_by_dim3", "inv"."price_by_dim4", "inv"."price_by_dim5",
"inv"."ticket_desc", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, "inv_dtl"."loc_price_group_id" FROM "inv_dtl", "inv"
WHERE  inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 )

The AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 ) works we get the correct number of rows.

0
Jim

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

PowerBuilder PowerScript functions for database
Hi ya all, Quick question: What is the difference between the GetRow( ) and GetRowIdFromRow( ) functions? GetRow() returns the row number of the with respect to the rows currently in the Primary buffer. If there are row is added to the Primary buffer before row 2 then what was row 2 before the add now is row 3. GetRowIdFromRow() will give you a row id that will remain with the row regardless of where it falls in the datawindow. You can use GetRowFromRowId() in concert with GetRowIdFromRow(). From the above example, if before the add row 2's rowid = 5, then after the ...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein ...

Powerbuilder running independent of database provider.
We currently use powerbuilder 6 to develop our front end application. The database we connect to is a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. We now have new clients that want to use Oracle 8.0. How can powerbuilder work for both providers? Things to validate for dbms-independent processing: 1) All datawindow syntax can be viewed in graphics mode. DW syntax does not include any DBMS-specific functions in any computed column. 1a) If you require any DBMS-specific functionality in your datawindows, create multiple versions--one for each DBMS to be supported. Assign the dataobject acc...

Powerbuilder running independent of database provider
We currently use powerbuilder 6 to develop our front end application. The database we connect to is a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. We now have new clients that want to use Oracle 8.0. How can powerbuilder work for both providers? If you leave your datawindows in graphic syntax mode, they will look at the database vendor information at runtime and format the SQL accordingly. Try to make sure you do all your database interaction via such datawindows whenever possible. You'll also need to make sure that you don't do things like call server specific functions in compu...

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein Todd....

Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE?
Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE? Or does it have to be compiled before it can be tested? The reason for the question is there we are having database connection errors while testing. But the deployed application in the same environment is not having any issues. Please let me know. Thanks. Ed; PB always runs compiled. When you save any object it is compiled and saved in the PB Library. So PBL's contain both source and p-code. Can you describe the connection error? Do you trap the return code and message from the DBMS if the "Connect&qu...

How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ?
How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ? (like dataset in vb.net) An option is to use an external source datastore/datawindow. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <hiren_1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b2a6cff.56f5.1681692777@sybase.com... > How can i work disconnected database with powerbuilder ? > (like dataset in vb.net) ...

PowerBuilder 8.0.1 Database Painter
PB 8 is an improved but when I am in the database painter and using sybase open cleint to connect to ASE 12.0 and my OS is Win2k. I get an error and PB 8 kicks me out entirely. From the event viewer it reads: The application, e:\pb801\build\nt\pb80.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on (SomeDate) @ (SomeTime) The exception generated was c0000005 at address (SomereSourceAddress). Is there an EBF or is it a resource problem or configuration problem or something else? Anyone having this problem? Any suggestion on a possible fix or where to start looking? ...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Web resources about - Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode. - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles