Problem: Different Data type in Oracle 8.0.4 and PowerBuilder 6.5

I've enountered a problem, i.e. in the PowerBuilder
script, I need to select one table in Oracle 8, but the field type in Oracle
is
Number, I can't get the data because the script doesn't support the type
Number. For
Example

create table UserRole
( UserName  varchar2(12),
  PassWord  varchar2(12),
  RoleNum  Number(1));

in the script:
strUser = sle_1.text;
strPass = sle_2.text;
integer nRole

select RoleNum into :nRole from UserRole
where UserName = :strUser
and PassWord = :strPass

But it doesn't work, would you be kind enough to offer me a solution or some
advice?

Thanks for any suggention advance.

               Book Stack
                bookstack@263.net

0
Book

DECLARE role_curs CURSOR FOR
 SELECT Rolenum FROM Userrole
where UserName = :strUser
and PassWord = :strPass;
OPEN role_curs ;
FETCH role_curs INTO :nRole;
CLOSE role_curs;

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Book Stack wrote in message ...

>I've enountered a problem, i.e. in the PowerBuilder
>script, I need to select one table in Oracle 8, but the field type in
Oracle
>is
>Number, I can't get the data because the script doesn't support the type
>Number. For
>Example
>
>create table UserRole
>( UserName  varchar2(12),
>  PassWord  varchar2(12),
>  RoleNum  Number(1));
>
>in the script:
>strUser = sle_1.text;
>strPass = sle_2.text;
>integer nRole
>
>select RoleNum into :nRole from UserRole
>where UserName = :strUser
>and PassWord = :strPass
>
>But it doesn't work, would you be kind enough to offer me a solution or
some
>advice?
>
>Thanks for any suggention advance.
>

>               Book Stack
>                bookstack@263.net

0
Terry

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

oracle 8.0.5 problem on powerbuilder 6.5. please help~~
I have a problem about programming powerbuilder 6.5 with oracle 8.0.5 I installed powerbuilder 6.0 with oracle driver 8 in my powerbuilder CD on my computer, and then I connected with oracle 8.0.5. Even if it was succeeded, I got a problem to program. I programmed like this. ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// declare c1 cursor for SELECT name FROM jibu_tbl; open c1; ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// I got a error message "cusror is not opened" but, next case //////////////////////////////////////////////...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

Oracle Client 8.0.5.0 and PB 6.5 problems
We are experencing problems on Retrieve and with stored procedures. Has anyone else had similar problems. We are using the 8.0.5 client attaching to oracle 8.0 Using PB 8.0 native drivers. The problem is most pronounced on a tabed object build using user objects for tabpages. We get a "pb60.exe Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Adress: 0x0593bf21" Error on a retrieve. Can anyone tell me the most current 6.5 build and native drivers. I believe that the problem lies with the sqlnet and or PB native drivers. If there are new one I want to try those before going...

Pb 6.5 / Oracle 8.0.4 problems
I tried to get an answer from other posts but I'm still not having much success. Here's my situation PB 6.5, Win NT sp 5, Oracle 8.0.4. I'm connecting to a database via a t1 line in another location, but that shouldn't matter. I connect fine and can view the table structures, but when I try and view the data in the tables, pb crashes. I can manipulate fine through sql plus. I'm using a just downloaded copy of pb08460.dll. Other posts say that I should try the oracle 7.3 drivers, but then I have to load an older oracle client? ( I'm new to oracle in case ...

PB 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.4 Problem
Hi, I have downloaded the pbo8460.dll from this newsgroup. I have changed my pb.ini file to include it as one of our installed drivers, but when I try to create a DB Profile I get this error: "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and client software are properly installed." I have Net80 installed on my PC and CAN connect to a ORA 8 database through SQL Plus 80. Am I missing something? Do I have to migrate to PB 6.5.1? Any help would be appreciated! TIA, Pam Perhaps you need to add the location of the Orac...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

PB 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 #4
How do you install the 084 driver? We are using PB 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 client is installed. I copied the pb08460.dll into the shared directory and changed the pb.ini file, but it still gives me error that it can't load the requested interface. Make sure that net80 is configured correctly. Add oraxxx\bin to your path. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Mark Pugel <mpuggs@tfs.net> wrote in message news:3874A2D5.ECECC75A@tfs.net... > How do you install the 084 driver? We are...

PB 6.0 to Oracle 8.0.5 Connection Problem
I am using PB 6.0 with the Oracle8 beta driver to develop an application that is using the Oracle8 BLOB datatype. I can connect OK via the Database Painter, but when I try to test the application and attempt to connect, I get the following message: "ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator Please see the system administrator" I can connect to the Oracle8 backend OK with the 073 version of the driver, but this will not let me used the SELECTBLOB statement to retrieve the BLOB columns, I get the following error: "READBLOB/WRITEBLOB is valid for only VARRAW, RA...

Oracle 8.0.3 Net8 client, 8.0.5 server and PB 6.5
Hello, We have a client that is using Oracle 8.0.5. We are developing an application in PB 6.5 for them. The project was originally started in PB 6.0 and Oracle 7.3. As we have found out, the PB native driver from 6.5 has problems with anything higher than 8.0.3. After reading earlier posts, we thought that if we installed the 8.0.3 Net8 client, we would be good to go. But after installing the 8.0.3 Net8 client, we still have the same problem that we experienced with the 8.0.5 Net8 client. The problem (which may or may not be the same as everyone else�s) is that we can't...

Oracle 8.0.5 stored procedures problem in PB 6.5
Hi, I am trying to create a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 with Stored Procedure as source. The stored procedure is on Oracle 8.0.5. It returns multiple rows. I am using REF Cursor as IN OUT parameter to pass the result set. Everytime I select the stored procedure while creating the datawindow, I get an error 'Invalid Cursor'. Has anybody encountered this problem? Am I doing anything wrong? P.S. If I use 7.3 drivers to connect to Oracle 8 database, everything works fine but there are some Oracle datatypes which are recognized only by 8.0 drivers and unfortunately I am us...

Web resources about - Problem: Different Data type in Oracle 8.0.4 and PowerBuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles