printing text file

what command to use in PB to print a text file?

0
MaLai

Hi MaLai

uhhh...print()? You have to read the textfile into i.e. an mle. Then, open a
printjob using printopen, mle.print(job), and printclose to close the job.

HTH
--
- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

MaLai <MaLai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
FOsHM74F#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com...
>what command to use in PB to print a text file?

0
Eric
11/24/1998 11:31:53 AM
In one word -- ShellExecuteA. If you need a code sample, check out
http://www.geocities.com/~rkies/win32api/shellsrv.htm -- specifically, look
at the of_Print() function in n_cst_winsrv_shell32.

Note: the shell service is PFC-based, but you can easily extract the few
lines of code that implement this functionality.

Roy

MaLai wrote in message ...
>what command to use in PB to print a text file?

0
Roy

If I have a.doc file with text, can I print the text?
Is there any Class/Method in asp.net with which I can print the text of a doc file? Another question: I ahev a populated gridview or a datalist and I want to copy it to a file which I have just created. I tried the StreamWriter like: StreamWriter sw=new StreamWriter(FileName); sw.Write(DataList1);   Well I didn't expect it to work, but do you have any ideas how can I copy the whole datalist to the file via codebehind?    Thanks You cannot print the text of a .doc file just like that with the built in asp features. You can either use the Office Com...

Searching text file and printing to new file
I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, and a lot of the text manipulation things confuse me. I have a large text file with information essentially broken into lines like this: findable text with a regexp information I care about more findable text There are plenty of sections like this in the file. How can I write a program that opens the file then searches for the middle line and prints it to a new file? PlagueMagazine@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, Then this site ought to be useful: http://learn.perl.org/ > and a lot of the te...

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

How to print dynamic text (with line wrapping) that's not from a text file?
Hi everyone, Being a newbie to .NET, I've seen several examples (especially on MSDN) on printing regular text. However, it all assumes the text is in a text file and fits on a line. I have an application that needs to print textual output on the fly, complete with line wrapping. The output could be one line, or many lines, and have both vbtab and vbcrlf characters. The text is not from a text file and not from another control like a textbox. How is this possible? Can any gurus point me to good examples? Thanks!...

Print text or file
Hi, May I know what's the function to print an external file (ie. abc.doc) or a list of text on powerbuilder coding?? Can I have the sample codes to help me on this issue. Thanks. Depends on what you are printing text file: run('copy c:\myfile.txt lpt1') or use FileCopy String variable: FileOpen ('LPT1') FileWrite(ls_text) FileClose Word document you probably want to use OLE to open and print with Word <lenniegpl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194925151.225395.3530@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > May I know what's the ...

Printing text files
Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 application would be much appreciated. Do I really need to open it up in notepad, copy the text to a word document, then print? Cheers Garry Garry wrote: > Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 > application would be much appreciated. The first that comes to mind: WinExec('notepad /p "your_file_name.txt"', SW_HIDE) Dmitri. Best? What's your criteria? There's probably a couple ways to do it within PB, if your criteria includes m...

Load a Text File, Search a Text File

Printing a text file
Hi everybody, After creating a small text file using Fileopen, filewrite and fileclose, how can I sent it to a specific printer? I am using PB11.2, Windows Vista. Thanks a lot in advance Not certain about Vista, other Windows flavors you can use Run to copy the file to a printer port (example LPT1) after assigning the desired printer to that port. Or use the port as the file name in FileOpen .... <Manel> wrote in message news:48d18f12.5c9e.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody, > > After creating a small text file using Fileopen, filewrite > and fileclo...

Printing a text file
Hi list, Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a printer? i would like the option of chosing a printer to send the document to, in addition, will I need to reformat the text, or will it print out the text file as is? Thanx Ben __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com Ben Crane wrote: > > Hi list, > > Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a > printer? i wou...

Append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA On Sep 18, 11:49=A0am, backgoo...@gmail.com (Back9) wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. > For example, > File A: > Jan Feb Mar April ... > > File B: > 10 30 40 20 ... > > After appending job, the File A would be like below. > Jan Feb Mar April ... &g...

How to append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA Hi, It's a basic job in Perl, just open, read, and print. open B with read mode; read the content of B into memory (ie, save to a variable); close B; open A with append mode; write B's content to A; close A; 2008/9/19 Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com>: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to...

print datawindow to text file
Hi; I am looking for a way to print out my datawindow report into text file as the same layout as it is on the screen. The datawindow is sales info report in plain text. The group header contains salesman name, his/her email address, detail has all the order info of that salesman. If I can print out or save to the text file as the same layout on the screen, then I will import this text file to our email system which can read the email address and send correspondingly. SaveAs function only saves the rows without the layout I need. Thanks for any help as always. Randy &...

print datawindow to text file
Hi; I am looking for a way to print out my datawindow report into text file as the same layout as it is on the screen. The datawindow is sales info report in plain text. The group header contains salesman name, his/her email address, detail has all the order info of that salesman. If I can print out or save to the text file as the same layout on the screen, then I will import this text file to our email system which can read the email address and send correspondingly. SaveAs function only saves the rows without the layout I need. Thanks for any help as always. Randy &...

Printing from PB to a text file
Hi, I'm using the generic text printer driver available with win 95 to print my PB generated reports to text files. But i have lots of problems in terms of allignment. I have many text objects in my headers, which wrap around to the next line disrupting the whole report. Let me explain this is what my report in PB looks like FD Type Warrant No. Customer Name ..... This prints perfectly on a 132 column printer, but in windows format. I am using printer setting 'unknown 264' If i use the generic printer driver for creating text file my output is like this ...

Web resources about - printing text file - sybase.powerscript

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

Gelato Group Is Here To Democratize The World of Printing
... winning the Oslo Innovation Award 2015, we sat down with Henrik Müller-Hansen, Founder and CEO of Gelato Group. What Does Democratizing Printing ...

Apple Looks to Bring Multiple Colors to 3-D Printing with Patent Filing
... of an application by Apple ( AAPL ) for a 3-D Printer technology. The application for “systems, computer readable media, and methods for printing ...

"After the exodus of editors from The New Republic last year, the magazine is printing things like this..." ...
"'Ban guns. All guns. Get rid of guns in homes, and on the streets, and, as much as possible, on police.... Ban guns! Not just gun violence. ...

Baker to inquire about report ISIS printing passports
... for Syrian refugees entering the U.S., says he "certainly" will ask federal officials about an ABC News report indicating ISIS has been printing ...

3D printing helps give badly burned boy a new nose
After tragic accident, teen getting second chance at normal life thanks to new facial reconstructive surgery technology

How does Jay Leno get parts for his one-of-a-kind concept car? 3D printing, of course
The former talk-show host and massive car geek relies on new manufacturing techniques to provide parts you can't just pick up on Alibaba.

3D printing can recreate your vascular system for pre-op practice
... technology. With that in mind, physicians and researchers in Buffalo have worked with 3D printer maker Stratasys to develop a method of printing ...

3D printing files for guns are illegal in an Australian state
The Australian state of New South Wales has made it illegal to possess the blueprints necessary to make your own projectile weapons. Lawmakers ...

Sketch Life-Sized Objects With Sticky Tape Tubes Using This 3-D Printing Gun
Use the Protopiper to see if that new couch will really fit in your apartment. You won't need measuring tape. Imagine being able to sketch out ...