Print text or file

Hi,

May I know what's the function to print an external file (ie. abc.doc)
or a list of text on powerbuilder coding??

Can I have the sample codes to help me on this issue.

Thanks.

0
lenniegpl

Depends on what you are printing
text file: run('copy c:\myfile.txt lpt1') or use FileCopy
String variable: FileOpen ('LPT1') FileWrite(ls_text) FileClose
Word document you probably want to use OLE to open and print with Word

<lenniegpl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> May I know what's the function to print an external file (ie. abc.doc)
> or a list of text on powerbuilder coding??
>
> Can I have the sample codes to help me on this issue.
>
> Thanks.

0
Jerry

Searching text file and printing to new file
I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, and a lot of the text manipulation things confuse me. I have a large text file with information essentially broken into lines like this: findable text with a regexp information I care about more findable text There are plenty of sections like this in the file. How can I write a program that opens the file then searches for the middle line and prints it to a new file? PlagueMagazine@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, Then this site ought to be useful: http://learn.perl.org/ > and a lot of the te...

If I have a.doc file with text, can I print the text?
Is there any Class/Method in asp.net with which I can print the text of a doc file? Another question: I ahev a populated gridview or a datalist and I want to copy it to a file which I have just created. I tried the StreamWriter like: StreamWriter sw=new StreamWriter(FileName); sw.Write(DataList1);   Well I didn't expect it to work, but do you have any ideas how can I copy the whole datalist to the file via codebehind?    Thanks You cannot print the text of a .doc file just like that with the built in asp features. You can either use the Office Com...

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

How to print dynamic text (with line wrapping) that's not from a text file?
Hi everyone, Being a newbie to .NET, I've seen several examples (especially on MSDN) on printing regular text. However, it all assumes the text is in a text file and fits on a line. I have an application that needs to print textual output on the fly, complete with line wrapping. The output could be one line, or many lines, and have both vbtab and vbcrlf characters. The text is not from a text file and not from another control like a textbox. How is this possible? Can any gurus point me to good examples? Thanks!...

Printing text files
Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 application would be much appreciated. Do I really need to open it up in notepad, copy the text to a word document, then print? Cheers Garry Garry wrote: > Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 > application would be much appreciated. The first that comes to mind: WinExec('notepad /p "your_file_name.txt"', SW_HIDE) Dmitri. Best? What's your criteria? There's probably a couple ways to do it within PB, if your criteria includes m...

Printing a text file
Hi list, Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a printer? i would like the option of chosing a printer to send the document to, in addition, will I need to reformat the text, or will it print out the text file as is? Thanx Ben __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com Ben Crane wrote: > > Hi list, > > Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a > printer? i wou...

Printing a text file
Hi everybody, After creating a small text file using Fileopen, filewrite and fileclose, how can I sent it to a specific printer? I am using PB11.2, Windows Vista. Thanks a lot in advance Not certain about Vista, other Windows flavors you can use Run to copy the file to a printer port (example LPT1) after assigning the desired printer to that port. Or use the port as the file name in FileOpen .... <Manel> wrote in message news:48d18f12.5c9e.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi everybody, > > After creating a small text file using Fileopen, filewrite > and fileclo...

Load a Text File, Search a Text File

printing text file
what command to use in PB to print a text file? Hi MaLai uhhh...print()? You have to read the textfile into i.e. an mle. Then, open a printjob using printopen, mle.print(job), and printclose to close the job. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 MaLai <MaLai@hotmail.com> wrote in message FOsHM74F#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com... >what command to use in PB to print a text file? > > In one word -- ShellExecuteA. If you need a code sample, check ...

Append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA On Sep 18, 11:49=A0am, backgoo...@gmail.com (Back9) wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. > For example, > File A: > Jan Feb Mar April ... > > File B: > 10 30 40 20 ... > > After appending job, the File A would be like below. > Jan Feb Mar April ... &g...

How to append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA Hi, It's a basic job in Perl, just open, read, and print. open B with read mode; read the content of B into memory (ie, save to a variable); close B; open A with append mode; write B's content to A; close A; 2008/9/19 Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com>: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to...

print datawindow to text file
Hi; I am looking for a way to print out my datawindow report into text file as the same layout as it is on the screen. The datawindow is sales info report in plain text. The group header contains salesman name, his/her email address, detail has all the order info of that salesman. If I can print out or save to the text file as the same layout on the screen, then I will import this text file to our email system which can read the email address and send correspondingly. SaveAs function only saves the rows without the layout I need. Thanks for any help as always. Randy &...

One Text File need to compare with Million Text File
Hi All  We are going to develop windows based .net application (one text file need to compare with Million text file).  Can anyone suggest which logic should be done for this.  Srinivas Hi srinivasg77 and Welcome to ASP.NET Forum... Well, it's interesting problem to compare one file with million other files. But first, we need to know some more information in order to give you our opinions or advices.I would like to know- In which folder you will keep your Million text file? (if you refer to Million as MILLION FILES :) )I will suggest you to use some .NET Library...

ANSI text file convert to Unicode text file problem
Dear all, I got a problem from my PB 7.03 ANSI version. I need to write a program to convert a ANSI text file to Unicode text file. I had been tried to use the FromANSI, toANSI, FromUnicode and ToUnicode PB function to do that. Since those functions for convert the ANSI file to Unicode file also Unicode file to ANSI file it seem working well. However, when I try to open the Unicode file (which is convert from ANSI to Unicode format by PB function) from my Wordpad, It will show me the result was fail... So now I have a question... As I know the Unicode have different type (eg. UTF-...

Web resources about - Print text or file - sybase.powerscript

Print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old master print , a product of printmaking, such as an engraving , etching or woodcut , in the European tradition, instead of others (e.g., ...

Print Wikipedia
From Aaaaa! to ZZZap! an exhibition by Michael Mandiberg at Denny Gallery, 261 Broome St. featuring work from the Print Wikipedia series June ...

Old master print - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An old master print is a work of art produced by a printing process within the Western tradition (European or New World). A date of about 1830 ...

Piccolo Automatically Sends Users Prints Of Their Photos On Facebook, Instagram
... Instagram applications and services, as startup Piccolo announced its beta launch, aimed at allowing users to automatically receive printed ...

READ, WEEP, PRINT... - Facebook
The Blacksphere hat geschrieben: READ, WEEP, PRINT AND KEEP! This... Tritt Facebook bei, um dich mit The Blacksphere und anderen Nutzern, die ...

Print Facebook Photos at Target Through Kodak Picture Kiosks — But at What Resolution?
Users looking to make physical copies of their Facebook photos can now print them at Kodak Picture Kiosks at Target retail stores. The kiosks ...

Mediaite.com - News & Opinion - Media: TV, Print, Online, Jobs, Ranking
Mediaite is a news and opinion blog and aggregator for the media industry. Coverage includes newspapers, magazines, online, and television. The ...

Radio station for print-handicapped to lose out under NDIS: president
Canberra's only reading for print handicapped station will lose a quarter of its funding in July due to disability funding changes.

'Lux' and the child pornography crimes too awful to print
Matthew Graham &ndash; known online to his paedophile disciples as &quot;Lux&quot; &ndash; felt his status grow with each move he made to boost ...

Perth parking puzzle: Wilson Parking fine print nabs overnight city visitor
&#65279;A decision to spend a night in a city hotel after a late work meeting had an expensive post script for a Bunbury man when he was fined ...