PowerBuilder data type to use in an external function declaration

Hi,
I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This function
is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an
external function!).

Well,  this is the declare for VB...

Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object,
hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long

the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure... but I don't know how define a
datatype like Object!!!

I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course).. then I try
to with an omObject... then I try with long where I put the handle of my ole
object (I get this with GetNativePointer), but PB7 crashes!

Somebody can help me?

TIA

Enrico

0
Chiaramonte

Have you try with PowerObject (all objects in PB are of this generic type)?

Chiaramonte Enrico <chiaramonte@svib.it> wrote in article
<ChMPKlEz#GA.58@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi,
> I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This
function
> is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an
> external function!).
>
> Well,  this is the declare for VB...
>
> Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object,
> hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long
>
> the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure... but I don't know how define a
> datatype like Object!!!
>
> I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course).. then I
try
> to with an omObject... then I try with long where I put the handle of my
ole
> object (I get this with GetNativePointer), but PB7 crashes!
>
> Somebody can help me?
>
> TIA
>
> Enrico

0
Liberto
7/12/1999 11:12:52 PM
Yes, I Try, but I receive this message

Application terminated
Error: Unsupported argument type in DLL function namefunction at line etc
etc

Enrico

0
Chiaramonte

external functions for VBasic dll functions with ANY data type
Hello, I have to call some functions from a Visual Basic dll. Most of the functions have ANY data type parameters. And called by reference, too! I declared these dll functions as external functions. The ones that don't have ANY data type parameters work fine. The others don't. I tried to match these ANY data type parameters with PB ANY data types. It didn't work. After the ANY typed parameter, the parameter that holds the size of the ANY parameter comes. And I did not know what it means for size of a ANY parameter (call by value). ANY data type parameter is su...

Data type problem in External functions to call win32 api functions
I want to call the win32 api function GetCurrentDirectory from powerbuilder 5.0 I declared this global external function : FUNCTION ulong GetCurrentDirectory(ulong num, REF string buffer) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" ....but the aplication crashes when I call it from a script Can someone please tell me if this is a datatype problem with the arguments. I tried other API functions successfully but this one gives me problems. The API declaration in C++ notation for this function is: DWORD GetCurrentDirectory( DWORD nBufferLength, // size of directory buffer LPTSTR ...

Data type in external functions
Hi, I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This function is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an external function!). Well, this is the declare for VB... Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure and in this point I have not problem .... but I don't know how define a datatype like Object!!! I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course).. then I try to with an omObject... then...

external function / type declaration
Hi, I once had a link to a site which showed the type declaration for DLLs written in VB, VC or Delphi to be used in PB. Unfortunately, I don't find this link anymore. Does someone have a link to such a web-page or could someone send me a conversion table? Currently I'm looking for to assign "Byte" to the correct PB type. TIA N. "N" <no_email@to_this_account.net> wrote in message news:4035c2c6@forums-1-dub... > Hi, > > I once had a link to a site which showed the type declaration for DLLs > written in VB, VC or Delphi to be ...

Whan can i do? make "string" data type convert to "window" data type, and use a "window" name to get it ancestor "window name", thanks! i use pb5
Rich, With a string window name, you can open a window of that type if you need to. You could, of course, query that window object for any attributes. Another option is to use the LibraryExport function to export the definition of the window which is specified by the string. You can then parse the resulting file to get information on the ancestor object. HTH Sanjiv. "Rich" <windows_ce@netease.com> wrote in message news:2Xsr1WW0AHA.178@forums.sybase.com... > > > ...

data type = invoquing external function
Which is the corresponding data type for a parameter in a function that have this sign boolean functionA( strArchivoE String, strArchivosS String, paramA Byte[], paramB Byte[] ) which is the corresponding data type for Byte[] in PowerBuilder? Please find a library with some api invocation implemented. maybe the one you're looking for is already tere. Otherwise use it as a guidline http://www.softtreetech.com/hightech/tips.htm#WinAPI Regards Milton Benavides pisze: > Which is the corresponding data type for a parameter in a > function that have this sign > ...

Data types for external functions arguments
Hi: I trying to call a external function of a DLL from PB8. An argument of the function is a pointer, but I don�t know how declare this data type in PB8. I have the variable with its value, but I have to call it, passing the memory position, not with the value. Please, I need some help, THANK�S! Hi, Take a look a the PB Help and search for 'what data type to use for external function arguments' * = a long char* = a blob HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Ra�l Ant�n del Ca�o" <ranton@unisoft-x.com> schreef in bericht new...

External Function Call data type mapping
All, I want to call an external function which has the following syntax from powerbuilder: PvcsInit ( unsigned char *progname) where progname is a pointer to a string....function returns an integer. I declared a local external function in powerbuilder with the following syntax: FUNCTION int PvcsInit (ref string progname) LIBRARY "VMWFDTK.DLL" But, when i call this function from powerbuilder i get the following System Error: Error Number 42 Error Text=Specified argument type differs from the required argument type at runtime in DLL function PvcsInit (Invalid stac...

crashed when using function that returns array (any data type)
Hi, I want to create a function that works like function SPLIT in visual basic. ------------------------- FUNCTION Split return type: Any argument name/type: text (string) --------------------------------- string lsa_text[] int ii, li_commapos, li_startpos li_commapos = pos(text,',') if li_commapos = 0 then lsa_text[1] = text return lsa_text end if // append trailing comma text=text + ',' ii=1; li_startpos=1 do while li_commapos > 0 lsa_text[ii] = trim(mid(text,li_startpos,li_commapos - li_startpos)) li_startpos = li_commapos + 1 li_com...

Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript
Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open event ), not in 'declare painter' ??? Thanks Samkola No. They need to be declared within the Global Variables painter. Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com samkola wrote in message <01beee19$8715d2a0$2d01a8c0@testing>... >Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / >global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open >event ), not i...

Return data from External function call using a pointer
How can I get data from an C function called using an external function call. The function call is trying to return the data using parameters defined as pointers. I can setup a string variable or a structure variable to hold the data to be returned but I don't know how to get the pointer address of these variables to pass in the call. The External DLL is purchased and I have no source code with which I could change the DLL and it's functions. Is this possible or is there any other means to accomplish this? Thanks, Nbockwoldt@ameren.com You have to use the Ref ...

VB Function Declaration declared in Powerbuilder
Could someone give me the PowerBuilder Function Declaration translation of the following function declared in VB? Thanks.... Declare Function VdrGetTopicItemEntry Lib "VDRAPI.DLL" _ (ByVal whatSessionToUse&, ByVal startingTopicItemID$, ByVal startingReportID$, _ ByVal startingVersionID$, ByVal howToFindTheEntry&, ByVal numberOfEntriesToSkip&, _ ByVal startingPageRBA&, ByVal returnedTopicItem$, ByVal returnedReportID$, _ ByVal returnedVersionID$, returnedPageRBA&, numberOfPages&, ByVal archiveSectionName$, _ originalPageNumber&...

All Global External Function declarations cause syntax error in PowerBuilder 7
All Global External Function declarations cause syntax errors in PowerBuilder 7 with no description whatsoever. Does anyone know what causes this? (I'm using the desktop version) Has anyone successfully made external function calls in PowerBuilder 7? You can email me at reynolds@fincad.com Sybase claims that the external function calls can be added to any script window (painter). Is this really true? Is there an alternate place they can be declared? I am amazed that PowerBuilder 7 is actually worse than version 5. I didn't think that was possible. Th...

use external function, e.g. Kernel32.dll, how to declare and call it
Dear all, I'm use external function, Kernel32.DLL, But i don't know how to call it and declare it!!! And I want to know about external function properties, for example, Kernel32.dll, user32.dll, gdl32.dll.... Would you give me the link about these? thanks!!!! See http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=44545 for a commonly used list of APIs and script examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Halina> wrote in message ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder data type to use in an external function declaration - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles