Porting Code From PB 10.5 + Adaptive Server as Back End TO PB 10.5 + MS Sql Server as Back End.

Hi All

I have been trying to get the Date part of the value of a datetime data
field & can not work out the logic in MS SQL.

My Original  Query (as in Adaptive Server) Looks as Follows:

dSelectedDate = Today()
SELECT  IsNull ( Sum ( ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" +
"kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") + ( (
"kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) *
"kotline"."saleprice") * ("saletax"."tax" / 100)), 0 )
INTO  :cUnfinalisedSale
FROM  "kotline",      "kot",    "saletax"
WHERE  "kot"."kotno"    = "kotline"."kotno"
AND  "kotline"."taxname"  = "saletax"."taxname"
AND  date("kot"."kotdate")   = :dSelectedDate
AND  "kot"."finalised"   = 'N' ;

I have to sum the value of all the KOT's that were generated so far today.

The Field "kot"."kotdate" is of the type datetime.

The above query returns a NULL as the Today() function in PB gives only the
date whereas the "kot"."kotdate" has date+time stored in it.

If only I can find an equivalent of the Adaptive Servers date function
date(date) in MS Sql.

Pl Help

Thanks & Cheers!!!

0
Raminder

maybe you can rewrite it using >= and < operator:

dSelectedDate = Today()
dNextDate = relativeDate(dSelectedDate, 1)

AND  "kot"."kotdate"   >= :dSelectedDate
AND  "kot"."kotdate"   <   :dNextDate

HTH

Chris Werner

"Raminder Bhalla" <vimpis@vsnl.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi All
>
> I have been trying to get the Date part of the value of a datetime data
> field & can not work out the logic in MS SQL.
>
> My Original  Query (as in Adaptive Server) Looks as Follows:
>

> dSelectedDate = Today()
> SELECT  IsNull ( Sum ( ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" +
> "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") + ( (
> "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) *
> "kotline"."saleprice") * ("saletax"."tax" / 100)), 0 )
> INTO  :cUnfinalisedSale
> FROM  "kotline",      "kot",    "saletax"
> WHERE  "kot"."kotno"    = "kotline"."kotno"
> AND  "kotline"."taxname"  = "saletax"."taxname"
> AND  date("kot"."kotdate")   = :dSelectedDate
> AND  "kot"."finalised"   = 'N' ;
>
> I have to sum the value of all the KOT's that were generated so far today.
>
> The Field "kot"."kotdate" is of the type datetime.
>
> The above query returns a NULL as the Today() function in PB gives only
> the
> date whereas the "kot"."kotdate" has date+time stored in it.
>
> If only I can find an equivalent of the Adaptive Servers date function
> date(date) in MS Sql.
>
> Pl Help
>
> Thanks & Cheers!!!

0
Chris
11/20/2006 2:31:27 PM
MSS does not have a date datatype. Without knowing the exact format of
the values stored, I will have to assume that your query will need to
designed to query a range of values for kotdate. If you are storing just
the date i.e.,

	DECLARE @datevar DATETIME;
	SET @datevar = '12/31/1998';

use a datetime variable and string to format the argument to look like

	1998-12-31 00:00:00.000

or the format that you have setup for MSS. Here is an example:

	datetime dReportingDate
	string  sUniqueKey  = String(1998-12-31, &
		'yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00:000')

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
11/20/2006 2:32:00 PM
Hi Chris

Kindly note the solved query:

dSelectedDate = Today()

SELECT          IsNull ( Sum ( "kot"."quantityplate" ) ), 0 )
INTO              :cUnfinalisedSale
FROM             "kot"
WHERE          convert ( varchar, "kot"."kotdate", 103 )    = convert (
varchar, dSelectedDate,103 )
AND              "kot"."finalised"   = 'N' ;

Thank you for your ever trusting & helpful responses.

Cheers!!!

0
Raminder
11/21/2006 2:31:34 PM
Hi All

Here's some more trouble for you lot.

I have a function with a huge number of sql delete & update clauses. This
function was working perfectly (with adaptive server) is now giving me the
following errorNo & Message after a certain update clause:

Error No     : 999,
Error Text   : SQLSTATE = S1000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]
Connection is busy with results for another hstmt.

Some details of the above function are:
    # I Have two tables (Master / Detail).
    # The function is removing some details out of each row in the master or
detail table & replacing the data with other data.
    # If the user finally accepts all the changes thus made by the function,
                    a 'COMMIT using sqlca;' occurs ELSE the changes are
'ROLLBACK using sqlca'.
                    i.e. either all changes are committed or all changes are
rolled back.

Pl help.

Thanks & Cheers!!!

0
Raminder
11/23/2006 12:54:40 PM
Raminder;

    You are porting from a 1st class DBMS down to a 2nd class one. MS has
really screwed up the original port of Sybase SQLServer in their latest
version (2005). There are more things to consider:

http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com/sqlserver2005__who_redesigned_this_rele
ase.htm

Regards ... Chris

"Raminder Bhalla" <vimpis@vsnl.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Here's some more trouble for you lot.
>
> I have a function with a huge number of sql delete & update clauses. This
> function was working perfectly (with adaptive server) is now giving me the
> following errorNo & Message after a certain update clause:
>
> Error No     : 999,
> Error Text   : SQLSTATE = S1000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]
> Connection is busy with results for another hstmt.
>
> Some details of the above function are:
>     # I Have two tables (Master / Detail).
>     # The function is removing some details out of each row in the master
or
> detail table & replacing the data with other data.
>     # If the user finally accepts all the changes thus made by the
function,
>                     a 'COMMIT using sqlca;' occurs ELSE the changes are
> 'ROLLBACK using sqlca'.
>                     i.e. either all changes are committed or all changes
are
> rolled back.
>
> Pl help.
>
> Thanks & Cheers!!!

0
Chris
11/23/2006 1:04:08 PM
Hi Chris,

Thank U so much for your reply. I really appreciate your straight forward
approach.

I've read your remarks and all points have been noted. I must hasten to add
that after having used ASA for a while now, MSS seems like an unnecessary
hastle. Hence, I am already seriously reconsidering my switching over  to
MSS (& I need you help for the same).

I have discovered that the following (Sybase ASE DE v15 ) is available from
the net from sybase, for development & trial, free of any cost.

(Sybase� Adaptive Server� Enterprise - Developer's Edition v15.0 )

I have a few questions about the above Edition! Could you pl find a moment &
answer the same.

1). Is this version a multi-user version? ( It is no good me trying to
develop a multi user application on a single user platform!!! )
2). Is it a fully functional version?
3). What is the max. number of users ( multi-users on LAN ) that this
version supports?

Thank you once again for guiding me and being so st. forward.

Cheers!!!
Raminder.

0
Raminder
11/23/2006 5:10:19 PM
Moving to ASE from SQL Anywhere is not any less difficult than moving to
MSS. Remember, MSS and ASE are from the same heritage. SQL Anywhere
comes from a different source -- it was acquired as part of the Watcom.
Its native dialect is Watcom SQL but some TSQL language elements were
retrofitted into the product to facilitate its use in replication with
ASE. And more recently, there has been effort to offer some
compatibility with MSS,

What has prompted you to want to move to a database that requires
additional effort to manage and maintain as compared to SQL Anywhere?
In many cases, SQL Anywhere is fully capable of handling the data and
work load requirements.

If you are concerned our SQL Anywhere's ability to handle your
requirements, see
http://www.ianywhere.com/press_releases/microdec_sqlany.html and review
Limitations in the index of the SQL Anywhere online help.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
11/23/2006 5:33:56 PM
 Chris;

    I have used WatCom SQL, ASA and now SQL Anywhere since 1993-4. I will
take that puppy over MS SQLServer anytime too! Much easier to install,
smaller foot print, lowest TCO of any DBMS, and performs like a Cheetah on
steroids (Canadian too eh <lol>)! Plus, look at the features you get with SA
10 and the mobility factor (OooooooEeeeee!)  -:)

Regards .. Chris

*

> Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
> Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
> and small to medium sized business environments for free!
>
> http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

*

0
Chris
11/23/2006 6:32:42 PM
are you using database cursors?  If so, recode without them -
datastores/datawindows would be much better way to go if you need to do row by
row processing (as opposed to a single update statement).

You can also use SQL profiler to see what is going on from the database side of
things.

> Hi All
>
> Here's some more trouble for you lot.
>
> I have a function with a huge number of sql delete & update clauses. This
> function was working perfectly (with adaptive server) is now giving me the
> following errorNo & Message after a certain update clause:
>
> Error No     : 999,
> Error Text   : SQLSTATE = S1000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Connection
> is busy with results for another hstmt.
>
> Some details of the above function are:
>    # I Have two tables (Master / Detail).
>    # The function is removing some details out of each row in the master or
> detail table & replacing the data with other data.
>    # If the user finally accepts all the changes thus made by the function,
>                    a 'COMMIT using sqlca;' occurs ELSE the changes are
> 'ROLLBACK using sqlca'.
>                    i.e. either all changes are committed or all changes are
> rolled back.
>
> Pl help.
>
> Thanks & Cheers!!!

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 10.5 and MS SQL Server
I'm trying to convert an 8.0 PB app to 10.5. I'm getting errors because I don't have a MS SQL Server connection. It's not listed as an installed DB interface like it was in 8.0. How can I fox this? > I'm trying to convert an 8.0 PB app to 10.5. I'm getting > errors because I don't have a MS SQL Server connection. > It's not listed as an installed DB interface like it was > in 8.0. How can I fox this? I do not believe that PB 10.5 supports or has any Microsoft native drivers. I think using an odbc connection is going to be your best bet....

PB 10.5 with MS SQL Server 2008
Later next year, we are looking to upgrade our SQL Server 2005 databases to SQL Server 2008. We are currently using PowerBuilder 10.5. Will this version of PowerBuilder work with SQL Server 2008? Note: we use ODBC for our connection to database. Thanks. Linda Butler Hi Linda; In my experience with SS2008 thus far - the ODBC connectivity from 10.5.2 works the same as SS2005. For SNC access though, I had to use PB 11.5's newer driver for proper interoperability. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com ...

PB 10.5 and MS SQL Server 2008
Hi folks, having no experience using MS SQL server I wonder hor to connect PB 10.5 IDE and applications to a MS SQL Server 2008 database? Found MDAC and installed it but what are the next steps? Something special to install from the PB CD? What exactly is the SQL Server 2008 client software? Cannot find something to download and install. TIA Chris Werner Here's the ODBC vs OLEDB ways that our PB10 application uses to connect to any MSS db. (DBParm all one one line) [Profile MSS_OLEDB_Sample] ; where <driver> is one of; ; 2008 native client SQLNCLI10 ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Migration (SQL SERVER 2000)
After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server 2000. The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is choose case sqlca.dbms case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0" sqlca.logid = trim(sle_username.text) sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text) CONNECT using SQLCA ; ** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file [DataBase1] Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0 LogId= LogPassword= PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english' AutoCommit=FALSE Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks Shamim read up on OLE-DB ...

MS SQL Server native driver for PB 10.5
Any one has any idea on this? Do we have a MS SQL Server native driver for PB 10.5? If not what are the alternatives - other than ODBC? Thanks Oledb. Example: // Profile Ties_Test SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <*********> SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = True SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='CFOLDBS2',PROVIDERSTRING='Database=TIES_TEST;PBTrimCharColumns='Yes',StripParmNames=''" -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sy...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Bad Return Code (MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.04)
Hi there! We have a PB 5.0.04 application that runs without any problem from a Windows 95 workstation. When a user tries to work with it from a Windows NT workstation or directly from the Windows Nt server where the database is installed, he receives some errors that we don't understand. Can anyone of you help us with some ideas? Thanks in advance for your input. The situation is this: DBMS: MS SQL Server 6.5 Service Pack 3 Server's Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3.0 DBMS Client: Client of MS SQL Server 6.5 Ver 1996.04.02 PowerBuilder DLLs: Ver 5...

Calling Stored Proc in MS SQl Server 2005 from PB 10.5.1
ALL: The stored procedure has the OUTPUT parameter defined in it. When it is getting executed the values are not passed back to PB. Please any help is appreciated.Hope a member from Teamsybase will address it. function long sp_Upload_MCCS(int agi_center_id,long agl_campaign_id,ref string messg_text) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "dbo.sp_Upload_MCCS" li_ret_fetch = lnvo_tr.sp_Upload_MCCS(gi_center,ll_campaign_id,ls_messg) Is there any parameter need to be setup. I am using OLEDB to connect to DB. tr.DbParm="PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='" + servername+ &...

do anyone know how to run both PB 10 & PB 10.5 with PB Native Source Code Control.
PB 10.5 wipes off the source code control entry in registry. thanks vsv Make sure you have the following registry key set properly: HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\Installed SCCProviders The PB Native string value should be set to: Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC Then go to this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC The SccServername key should be: PB Native SCC The SccServerPath key should be: C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT105.DLL << or the actual location of this DLL >> 9, 10.2 and 10.5 can all ...

PB 10.5 --> PB 10.2 --> PB6.5
I have converted our application from 6.5 to 10.5 Then we noticed that the crosstabs worked not the same as in PB 6.5.. They do in PB 10.2.1 so we converted in back from PB 10.5 to 10.2 and finished the changes we wanted. Now after a test we noticed that grid datawindow (dynamically created) do not work in PB 10.2 as they do in PB 6.5. They work fine in PB 10.5. Below is a part of the datawindow: 'retrieve=~'PBSELECT( VERSION(400) TABLE(NAME="dier" ) ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME="dier.dat_afvoer") ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME=&quo...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Web resources about - Porting Code From PB 10.5 + Adaptive Server as Back End TO PB 10.5 + MS Sql Server as Back End. - sybase.powerscript

Adaptive immune system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The adaptive immune system , also known as the acquired immune system or, more rarely, as the specific immune system , is a subsystem of the ...

General Adaptive (@GeneralAdaptive) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here General Adaptive @ GeneralAdaptive ...

Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent - YouTube ...
Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent Stephan Ehrenfeld, Fabian Schrodt, & Prof. Dr. ...

The agile bureaucracy: we need adaptive, innovative public servants who see beyond the routine
... of the Australian Public Service. But now, more than ever, we need an APS composed of agile employees. Agile employees are flexible, adaptive ...

Adaptive web - Adaptive content - Big Data
The next evolution of the web is making its presence felt in Australia. And this time, it's personal.

Regina adaptive sailing club looks to boost numbers
Wind on my Wings sailing club has been helping people with disabilities since 1999. Regina's adaptive sailing club might be the city's best kept ...

Young Entrepreneur Designs World's First Line Of Climate Adaptive Hijabs
Designed by 22-year-old Ahmad Ghanem, these climate-adaptive hijabs are the first of their kind.

Deal: CHOE 18W Adaptive Fast Charger Turbo Charger – $10.39
Quick Charge has become all the rage lately. And with these batteries getting bigger and bigger, it's not all that surprising. The fact that ...

IIHS developing rating system for adaptive headlights
Filed under: Safety , Technology The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is turning its attention to headlights, and particularly the adaptive ...