opening response window from response window

Hi!

When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response
window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first
response window and is not posible to change it.

Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if
it posible to make it work in PB 8.04.

Regards

Tomaz

0
Toma

It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're
not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that
may occur there after the second response window is called?

Just a guess though...

"Toma? Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response
> window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first
> response window and is not posible to change it.
>
> Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if
> it posible to make it work in PB 8.04.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomaz

0
Michael
10/17/2005 3:11:02 PM
Are you sure that the code in the PB8 object is the same as in PB10?  I did a
quick test in PB7 and migrated that to PB10, and both function as expected...
response window 1 opens window 2, and respoinse window 2 has the focus..

On 16 Oct 2005 13:36:13 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Toma� Kralj <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response
>window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first
>response window and is not posible to change it.
>
>Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if
>it posible to make it work in PB 8.04.
>
>Regards
>
>Tomaz

0
Andy
10/18/2005 10:02:22 AM
make sure you open the second response window with the first
response window as it's parent.

eg
MDI frame
 - response window
    - response window

If you used the same parent window in each call it will lead
to some strange behaviour (I know, I've done it before)

> Hi!
>
> When I open response window from response window in PB
> 10.2 new response  window get focus. But when I do this in
> PB 8.04 focus stays in first  response window and is not
> posible to change it.
>
> Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would
> like to know if  it posible to make it work in PB 8.04.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomaz

0
Jeremy

Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?
We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second modal(response) window. Until we migrated to XP, this did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users have migrated to XP, the second response window **sometimes** freezes. It almost appears as if when the second response window is opened, that the first response window is closed and any choices the users try for closing that second response window are not performed, making it appear that the second response window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it isn't found....

Prob with opening response window from a response window on XP
Hi, Env: PB 7.x / Windows XP / MS Outlook 2000 Application works alright on Windows 2000, the same doesnt on XP. Scenario, 1. Opening a Response Window A. 2. Opening another response window B from Window A. 3. Here on click of a button, making use of mapi function to send email. 4. When invoked, prompts an MS outlook window with a warning message that an email is being sent and prompts for confirmation. 5. On clicking 'Yes', it sends the email, but afters, the focus is set to Window A, instead of Window B. ...

Response window calling response window!
...scuse my ignorance but...... I have a response window which opens another response window to choose print settings etc but once this is open, if I then select a different application from the task bar, when I then go back, the print settings window has disappeared and I have also lost control completely of the original window. ... is this a complete no-no or is it the way I'm opening the second window?? I'm not crazy about the practice, but beside that, my guess would be that the windows are getting "confused" about who their parent window is. By any chance...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

Total application "hang-up" when opening a response window from a response window
From a w_sheet window I open a w_response window, that holds a command-button. When the user pushes the compand button, I want to open a new w_response window. The window is opened, but the application goes into a complete "hang". I cannot do anything, I cannot focus on any object in the new response window, I cannot move the response window, and of course I cannot active any other windows in the application. I have to terminate the application to get out of the situation. I have tried this with two different sheet's, and I get the same result. What can I do ?? Thanks...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please don't cross-post. steve [TeamSybase] kevin wrote: > I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having > difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks > > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

open window as a response window
PB8 I have a window (type = main) I want to open this window from another window but now as a Repsonse window. How can I do this ? TIA Shalinder OPEN(w_the_other_window) should do it! Control will pass to the next statement in the event or script after the open immediately without waiting. Hope that's what you expect. If you are going to have many of them open: w_the_other_window lw_1 open(lw_1) which creates another instance of the w_the_other_window class. Shalinder Verma wrote: > PB8 > > I have a window (type = main) > I want to open th...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A response window is for exactly what it says it is for - to get user response. You should not be able to go other places until you close the response window. If you need to let the user go to other windows, while keeping the current window active, you should not use a response window. You can open one response window from another ...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

Opening response window in main window open event...
I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all further processing in the main windows open event until the response window is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before* the script following the open() function is executed! I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour... PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600 TIA Andre Want code? Got code: .... type w_main from window (main!) event open; open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakp...

How to open main window as response window
Hello, I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as response window that user could select customer and return selection in parent window. Regards Tomaz I would create a new window inherited from the main window and change the type to Response. You'll probably want to add a couple command buttons and script as well. Mike "Toma� Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message news:4300fba4@forums-2-dub... > Hello, > > I have main window with m...

Open Sheet window from response window
I am trying to open a sheet window inherited from w_sheet from a response window. I need it to work like it does when you open the sheet window from a menu using: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate_sheet" of_SendMessage("pfc_open") That way it will resize to the frame area. I have not been able to come up the the correct open command to make this happen. How should I open this PFC window? Use: CloseWithReturn( this, "w_citystate_sheet" ) to close the response window and in the calling object, code: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate...

How to open a non response window as reponse window?
Does anybody know how to open a non response window as reponse window? The scenario is the following: We have a MDI Application, the Customer setup window is open as sheet in the MDI Frame window using the OpenSheetWithParm function, but we want the user to be able to open the same customer setup window as modal/response window when it is called from within a process (i.e. creating a work order), the idea is to share the same window and not loose any functionality when it is opened as sheet (switch to other windows, minimize, maximize, etc.) or when is opened as response window (prevent ...

HOwto get a reference to the window that opens a response window
Hi all: I need to get a reference to the window that has opened a response window. If I use w_response.parentwindow() I always get my "main" means the frame window (I am using MDI). Even when I use openwithparm ( w_response, something, This) in the script of the window that opens the response I still get the Frame... My problem is I need to get a pointer to the real Parent so that the w-response can call a function of the Parent. I am stuck, here. If Parentwindow() does not work for response windows, I am sure there must be another way but I do not seem to be able ...

Web resources about - opening response window from response window - sybase.powerscript

Wikipedia:Abuse response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of current Abuse Response volunteers, or for information on how you can help with the Abuse Response project, please see the volunteers ...

George Pell’s Melbourne Response child sexual abuse program
THE victims of child sexual abuse within the Catholic Church just want to be heard.

'God isn't fixing this': US politicians condemned for response to latest mass shooting
In the aftermath of a serious tragedy, it's good advice not to reach for cliche. Particularly when those words aren't followed by action.

Santa lookalike has perfect response to little boy in restaurant
Customers "teary-eyed" over elderly man's reaction to young boy in doughnut shop

The Murders At Planned Parenthood And The Unbelievable GOP Response
Yesterday on Morning Joe , Joseph McQuaid, the publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader, was asked why his newspaper was endorsing Chris Christie ...

Play Darth Vader with Siri and get some hilarious responses
The whole tech world is losing its mind with Star Wars mania, and Apple’s no exception. Hidden within Siri is a neat reference to George Lucas’ ...

Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings
Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings

Disaster-Response Robots Demonstrate Their Skills
This year's International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo is focused on robotic equipment for disaster relief.

Adriana Lima Shuts Down Justin Bieber Hookup Rumors With Epic Response
Adriana Lima Shuts Down Justin Bieber Hookup Rumors With Epic Response

The Latest: White House candidates clash over US terrorism response
Here's the latest news on the U.S. presidential candidates' remarks on how to respond and prevent attacks like the one that occurred last week ...