How to poll printer for status

PB 6.5 build 1082
Windows 2000
Microsoft SQL Server 2000

I'd like to know if there is a method for polling the status of a networked
printer before printing to it.

For example, we'd like to write code to check whether a printer on a network
is off line, paper jammed, just not available, before we send a dw_1.print()
call. Is there any way, even with external functions, to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Gorke
Programmer/Analyst II
Picis, Inc.
Wakefield, MA
scott_gorke@picis.com

0
Scott

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Printer Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46b9f93c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am trying to get the Printer Status using the GetPrinter function provided by windows WINSPOOL.DRV. I am getting one problem in getting the printer status that Status is always 0 which is ready even though on the Window Print Manager I can see 'Error' or 'Toner Low' I put the code in the timer event to fetch the status every one second but with no success. Please suggest. I have extended over ...

Printer map printer status screen does not have full functionality
I have two different servers running iPrint. When a user clicks on the iPrint map with a printer they already have installed then it pops up a status window about the printer. On one server it shows information and a refresh button. On the other server it shows different buttons like, refresh, delete, hold, resume and information. I would like to have both servers to show the more functional one. I have not found any configuration setting I need to switch. Any ideas? Thanks. --____WKISEEMCOXWTOIDZWXLP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Enc...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

Printer Status
Hi, This is Jay, Park. I'd like to get a printer status. I'm developing my program with powerbuilder 6.5. under windows 95. And the printer which I'd like to get the status of is Panasonic KX-P1624. Please let me know how I can get the printer status. Please. Please. Please. Of course, I know I must use API. But I'm not good at that. Please show me any sample API coding which gets a printer status. And I tried a software called PowerPrinter. But it didn't work well. Please help. This is urgent. Email ID : park019@hotmail.com ...

Printer status
I am printing to a network printer. Is there any way I can check if the printer is in fact available? I am using the Printers unit. When I execute the windows PrintForm.PrintDialog1.Execute(Self.handle), I get a list of printers; Including Network printers which do not exist on the current network. A Refresh does not help. When I then try to print to this non-existing network printer, the whole application freezes up for up to a minute, after which all comes back, but without any errors, and without any printer spool window. I have no idea what has now happened to the document. I c...

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

Checking a printer status.
Good day everyone. I was wondering is there any way to check out a printer status, like if it is on or ready for printing? Any help/advises are really appreciated. Michael. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Can you explain why would you need this in the context of a business application? Anyhow, you most likely would need to use GetPrinter API, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/prntspol_1gky.asp most likely with Level 6 flag (Windows 2000/XP): A PRINTER_INFO_6 struct...

Printer Status Page
Hello All I am having several problems with my iPrint. 1. Documents are coming out incorrect for example missed pages, or a border will be missing from around an excel cell. This is happening on different printers / OS's 2. When I have an iPrint printer install and then go to click on it again to check it's status none of the option on the left display? 3. It takes for ever to print a pdf? Any tips would be great. I am for the most part iPrint 4.20 on Win XP. Netware 6.5 sp6 clustered. Thanks Paul Ok I have the printer status page working. Any tips o...

Getting a printer Status.
Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information from within powerbuilder. I assume its the use of an API call. Which one? I am trying to mimic the print options dialogue window like in Microsoft Word. Their 'printer dialog' shows a printer status of 'Idle' for the default printer. Thanks, GK You can use GetPrinter() API function. Check for Win32sdk documentation for that. Mahendra Dhamdhere WorkerB wrote in message ... >Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information >from within powerbuilder. I assume its the use ...

Invalid Printer Status !
We have more than 700 printers on 2 managers, the printer status on both managers and on users workstation does not display the real status. After a paper jam, offline etc.. the status did not come back to ready, it`s stay with the error until you shutdown and restart the printer agent.. I verify the communication between the printer and the servers, ping works, all tcp port are open. Did someones knows how to fix that and if not, there is a way (ndpsm switch or other switch) to stop printer sending status to the servers or stop sending status to the worstation users. Because the maj...

SMB printer status
Windows computers on my network are able to print to the printer I have shared with samba on my Suse 11.0 box, but the status message says "Access Denied, Unable To Connect" I would like to see the normal "Ready" status message. I've read through some similar posts regarding this same issue and have made some changes to my smb.conf and cupsd.conf files. smb.conf Code: -------------------- # smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented # version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the # samba...

Web resources about - How to poll printer for status - sybase.powerscript

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Forget the Duct Tape, Astronauts Will Soon Use a Lowe's 3-D Printer in Space
... Labs. The Mooresville, S.C.-based home improvement chain has partnered with aerospace firm Made in Space to launch the first 3-D printer in ...

Can you really get a decent photo printer for under $50?
There was a time when you would have to pay hundreds of dollars for a decent photo printer, but those days are long gone. PC and peripheral makers ...

You can now use a 3-D printer to create artificial hair
As prices for 3D printers drop, there have been a number of interesting DIY projects that have come about. And now there’s one more thing you ...

Epson WorkForce WF-3640 All-in-One Printer Review
Epson recently released the WorkForce WF-3640 , another high-quality printer with all the bells and whistles that exist in higher capacity models, ...