How to open main window as response window

Hello,

I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with
opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as
response window that user could select customer and
return selection in parent window.

Regards

Tomaz

0
Toma

I would create a new window inherited from the main window and change the
type to Response.  You'll probably want to add a couple command buttons and
script as well.

Mike

"Toma� Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with
> opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as
> response window that user could select customer and
> return selection in parent window.
>
> Regards
>
> Tomaz

0
Michael

"Michael Stoffel" <mstoffel@nrconsults.com> je napisal v sporo�ilo
news:4300fe6c@forums-2-dub ...
>I would create a new window inherited from the main window and change the
> type to Response.  You'll probably want to add a couple command buttons
> and
> script as well.
>
> Mike
>
> "Toma� Kralj" <tomaz@soft4you-sp.si> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have main window with master data (customers) which I open with
>> opensheet(.......) function. Now I would like open the same window as
>> response window that user could select customer and
>> return selection in parent window.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tomaz

0
Toma

Opening response window in main window open event...
I'm opening a response window in a main windows open event. The halts all further processing in the main windows open event until the response window is closed. However, this seems to alter the callstack so that the selectionchanged events in tab-pages on the main window is fired *before* the script following the open() function is executed! I can't figure out whether this is a bug or Windows default behaviour... PB 9.0.1, Windows XP 5.1.2600 TIA Andre Want code? Got code: .... type w_main from window (main!) event open; open( w_resp ) // <-- Breakp...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

opening response window from response window
Hi! When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first response window and is not posible to change it. Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if it posible to make it work in PB 8.04. Regards Tomaz It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that may occur there after the second response window is called? Just a guess though... ...

buttons on main window disappears when response window opens
Im working in PB9. I have a button on a datawindow which user can click to open a response window with detail info. When the response window opens the buttons on the main window disappears? Also I created a composite report datawindow. It keeps giving me a blank horizontal page 2, I've looked at my imbedded reports and made sure everything is inside the print preview lines - still no luck! There is probably some code that is making the buttons disappear. I would search the whole workspace for that button control. If it doesn't work then recreate that window. Try rec...

Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?
We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second modal(response) window. Until we migrated to XP, this did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users have migrated to XP, the second response window **sometimes** freezes. It almost appears as if when the second response window is opened, that the first response window is closed and any choices the users try for closing that second response window are not performed, making it appear that the second response window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it isn't found....

how to open a pop up window by disabling the main window i.e pop up will remain in the main window until closing
 I need to make subpartitions of the contents of a form(transfring values from a page to a popup) and i need that when we click on a button on a page(main window) then a pop up will open by disabling the main window until n unless popup is closed.i.e focus will not lose from the popup until it is closed.RegardsSHOAIB RIZWAN see links below:http://microsoft.apress.com/asptodayarchive/73815/using-modal-dialog-boxes-in-aspnet-applications http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc164247.aspx google can be your friend :) Simply JS | june blog Or use this model on how to open ...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Please don't cross-post. steve [TeamSybase] kevin wrote: > I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having > difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks > > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A response window is for exactly what it says it is for - to get user response. You should not be able to go other places until you close the response window. If you need to let the user go to other windows, while keeping the current window active, you should not use a response window. You can open one response window from another ...

open window as a response window
PB8 I have a window (type = main) I want to open this window from another window but now as a Repsonse window. How can I do this ? TIA Shalinder OPEN(w_the_other_window) should do it! Control will pass to the next statement in the event or script after the open immediately without waiting. Hope that's what you expect. If you are going to have many of them open: w_the_other_window lw_1 open(lw_1) which creates another instance of the w_the_other_window class. Shalinder Verma wrote: > PB8 > > I have a window (type = main) > I want to open th...

Prob with opening response window from a response window on XP
Hi, Env: PB 7.x / Windows XP / MS Outlook 2000 Application works alright on Windows 2000, the same doesnt on XP. Scenario, 1. Opening a Response Window A. 2. Opening another response window B from Window A. 3. Here on click of a button, making use of mapi function to send email. 4. When invoked, prompts an MS outlook window with a warning message that an email is being sent and prompts for confirmation. 5. On clicking 'Yes', it sends the email, but afters, the focus is set to Window A, instead of Window B. ...

window.open and window.opener
Sorry for a really dumb post. I am not a scripting person... I find the whole thing a bit strange really with losely coupled types ect...Anyway, I am putting together a ASP.NET v2 application. One of the pages I am planning on implementing a link to open a pop-up window. In this popup window, the user will select the location of somthing, the window close and the value returned back to one of the parent browsers controls. I know this is not rocket science and I have done endless searches to try and find the answer. I am loading up the page and passing in the ClientID of the control I wish to...

Simulate Response Window with Main window.
Hi: I am using PB 11.2 with backend sybase 12.5. I have a window of windowtype "main" where i want to enter some comments ( I have opened this window as a sheet to the MDI window). This window should always be on top of any window sheets opened in the application (basically replicate the response window type). Why don't i use response window? because the user wants to use MDI frame window menu like save, new etc, with this window (if it is response, i will not be able to click on the menu on the frame window). I tried the setposition (TopMost!) with out ...

Open Sheet window from response window
I am trying to open a sheet window inherited from w_sheet from a response window. I need it to work like it does when you open the sheet window from a menu using: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate_sheet" of_SendMessage("pfc_open") That way it will resize to the frame area. I have not been able to come up the the correct open command to make this happen. How should I open this PFC window? Use: CloseWithReturn( this, "w_citystate_sheet" ) to close the response window and in the calling object, code: Message.StringParm = "w_citystate...

Web resources about - How to open main window as response window - sybase.powerscript

Wikipedia:Abuse response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a list of current Abuse Response volunteers, or for information on how you can help with the Abuse Response project, please see the volunteers ...

'God isn't fixing this': US politicians condemned for response to latest mass shooting
In the aftermath of a serious tragedy, it's good advice not to reach for cliche. Particularly when those words aren't followed by action.

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

'Ugliest girls' poll: Student's response to cyberbullying goes viral
A Torbay, N.L., high school student's response to online bullying is winning praise from friends and family.

Weak response causes Ford to drop Friends & Neighbors sale
... , Ford Ford is canning its unpopular Friends & Neighbors program long before its January termination date, with one dealer citing a poor response ...

Report: Pilot response to equipment malfunction led to Air Asia QZ8501 crash
CBC.ca Report: Pilot response to equipment malfunction led to Air Asia QZ8501 crash CNN Crews remove the fuselage of AirAsia Flight QZ8501 ...

The Murders At Planned Parenthood And The Unbelievable GOP Response
Yesterday on Morning Joe , Joseph McQuaid, the publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader, was asked why his newspaper was endorsing Chris Christie ...

Play Darth Vader with Siri and get some hilarious responses
The whole tech world is losing its mind with Star Wars mania, and Apple’s no exception. Hidden within Siri is a neat reference to George Lucas’ ...

Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings
Democratic Senator: Prayers Are ‘Wholly Insufficient’ Responses To Shootings

Disaster-Response Robots Demonstrate Their Skills
This year's International Robot Exhibition in Tokyo is focused on robotic equipment for disaster relief.