How to find the presentation style of a datawindow in powerscript

Is there a way to find out the presentation style (like composite or
crosstab or tabular ..) of a datawindow in powerscript  ?

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Shireesh

email : shireesh.khandkar@lgeenergy.com

0
Shireesh

//Dynamically determining the datawindow presentation style.

string presentation_style

string dw_type

presentation_style = dw_1.Describe("datawindow.processing")

CHOOSE CASE presentation_style

CASE "0"

  dw_type = "Form, group, query,or tabular" //default setting

CASE "1"

  dw_type = "Grid"

CASE "2"

  dw_type = "Label"

CASE "3"

  dw_type = "Graph"

CASE "4"

  dw_type = "Crosstab"

CASE ELSE

  dw_type = "Not Listed"

END CHOOSE

Shireesh Khandkar wrote:

> Is there a way to find out the presentation style (like composite or
> crosstab or tabular ..) of a datawindow in powerscript  ?
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
> Thanks!
>
> Shireesh
>
> email : shireesh.khandkar@lgeenergy.com
0
Uma

powerscript for a datawindow
I'm trying to modify the visible propety for a rectangle object in a data window using the powerscript arguement [row]. As I drag my mouse along the row I want the rectangle to be visible for that row only. Your help is greatly appreciated. I solved my own problem... In the dragwithin event: this.Object.r_box.Visible = "0~tIf(document='" + this.GetItemString(row, "document") + "',1,0)" "Jon Pervan" <jon.pervan@leaseadmincorp.com> wrote in message news:eV09dgL7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > I'm trying to modif...

Datawindow presentation style
Can I know datawindow's presentation style dinamically? Thanks. Daniele Describe("DataWindow.Processing") See online help for details of what the various values mean. -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Daniele Podest�" <dpodesta@libero.it> wrote in message news:0Kiomgl0BHA.314@forums.sybase.com... > Can I know datawindow's presentation style dinamically? > Thanks. > > Daniele > > ...

powerscript ++
//----------------------------------------- integer li_step = 2 FOR ll_i = 1 TO 10 STEP li_step //do something NEXT //----------------------------------------- = syntax error //----------------------------------------- FOR ll_i = 1 TO 10 STEP 2 //do something NEXT //----------------------------------------- = ok //----------------------------------------- any la_abc[] la_abc = {'somestring', 1} //----------------------------------------- = syntax error //----------------------------------------- any la_abc[] la_abc[1] = 'somestring&#...

DataWindow Presentation Style
Hello All! First, I have Powerbuilder 8 and 9. My company don't have plans for migration because in the future the products that we develop with Powerbuilder will be discontinued. Do you know a method to get the Presentation Style of a Datawindow at runtime ? I need to know if the datawindow is FreeForm, Grid, ... Thanks! Eduardo Porto Alegre, RS Brazil The processing parameter will tell you what style it is, but be aware that tabular, grouped, freeform all have the same processing style. <DW Control Name>.Describe("DataWindow.Processing") ...

SetDetailHeight DataWindow / PowerScript
Hi I use SetDetailHeight ( x, x, 0 ) in a grid dw to set the row height to 0 for several rows. When using the following example, I get a GPF: dw_1.SetDetailHeight ( 2, 4, 0 ) There is no GPF when starting row is 1: dw_1.SetDetailHeight ( 1, 4, 0 ) I use PowerBuilder 7.0.3 10009. Any ideas? Thank you Dirk ...

how to find presentation style?
I am trying to find the presentation style of a datawindow object that is attached to a datastore. Can somebody tell me a function that can provide me the information. thx in advance Atul ls_style = dw_report.Object.DataWindow.Processing Return values are: 0 � (Default) Form, group, query, or tabular 1 � Grid 2 � Label 3 � Graph 4 � Crosstab 5 � Composite 7 � RichText See 'Objects in a DataWindow and their properties' in the on-line help for more info -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. atul sharma wrote in message <01bf0c2a$a6872e20$750...

datawindow presentation styles
pb 7 build 8046c3 using pfc is there a way to determine what presentation style a datawindow is using from within the code? I want to switch on some functionality when the dw is of grid style and not for others. any ideas appreciated. cheers Nic -- Nic Pillinger Analyst Programmer [e mailto:nic.p@gordian.co.uk] Gordian Knot Ltd. [w http://www.gordian.co.uk] Lansdowne House Berkeley Square London W1X 6DL <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Processing For values, check the help... Regards, Dmitry Mazhar Nic Pillinger <nic.p@gordian.co.uk> wrote ...

datawindows presentation style
I'm a powerbuilder learner . currently I'm working with datawindow objects. I used the Tab and Nup presentation styles. When I went for the source,I didn't find any difference between tab style and Nup style. When no of rows in Nup style is 1,then the source of Tab Style and Nup Style is same. How can I distinguish these two styles from their soucr code? Please give me a reply at the earliest . Thanks Vijaya ...

Does anyone use OLE container in Datawindow as OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or OLE object in Datawindow? Please Help.
Blank Hello folks, How can I use an OLE container in Datawindows? The situation as follows: I have a datawindow with OLE (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) presentation style or grid datawindow with OLE object (Excel Chart/Worksheet/Microsoft Graph) in detail band. I have the next result set of datawindow (SQL select/ SP / External) fields: anytext, anynumeric values: first, 1 first, 2 first, 3 second, 1 second, 2 second, 3 I mapped OLE data as follows Group by: anytext Target Data: anytext ...

[...]

determine Datawindows presentation style
Hi all, how can I determine the DWs presentation style. I' working on a function to change some DWO properties at runtime, but it should only apply to grid style DWs. Thanks in advance TK Take a look at the "DataWindow.Processing" property in Help "Thorsten Kummer" <thorsten.kummer@gmx.de> wrote in message news:48d77523$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all, > > how can I determine the DWs presentation style. > I' working on a function to change some DWO properties at runtime, but > it should only apply to grid style DWs. > > Thanks in advance > TK ...

Label presentation style DataWindows
Is there any way to control the settings for a DataWindow whose presentation style is "Label" so that I can specify where on the page a single label will print? I frequently use a Label type DataWindow for generating mailing labels, and sometimes I want to just print one label. Since PowerBuilder always positions a single-record label on the top left, I am using up all my Avery label stock by eating the same label off of every page. I would like to somehow say "print this one on the 3rd label position down from the top on column two," but I can't figur...

Datawindow presentation style #5
Hi, Is there a way to know the presentation style of a datawindow ? I tried with .processing property but Form and tabular both return 0. TIA Michel The processing property is the way, but you're right it has the same value for tabular and freeform. You can probably make an educated guess on whether it is a freeform or tabular by examining the detail band height. Kent Piland FCG's Integrated Systems Consulting Group kpiland@fcg.com Michel Morin wrote in message ... >Hi, > >Is there a way to know the presentation style of a datawindow ? >I tr...

DataWindow Presentation Style #4
Hi, Does anyone know how to find the Presentation Style of a DW? Any help is greatly appreciated! Will. string_var = DWControl Name.Describe("DataWindow.Type") Will & Diem <willdiem@istar.ca> wrote in message news:LnpFF6qv#GA.301@forums.sybase.com... Hi, Does anyone know how to find the Presentation Style of a DW? Any help is greatly appreciated! Will. Will & Diem wrote in message ... >Hi, > >Does anyone know how to find the Presentation Style of a DW? > >Any help is greatly appreciated! > >Will. &g...

Datawindow graph presentation style
1.I am using graph presentation style datawindow.By default the whole graph is getting resized to fit the datawindow control.I don't want it to get resized instead of original.I want to give scrollbars instead . 2.The character length of catagory axis text is 150.I am not able to see the full text.Is there any method to wrap the text or any work around. Any help would be greatly appreciated Magesh ...

OLE Datawindow Presentation Style
I thought I asked this once, but cannot find it, so I apologize if I'm repeating myself. Has anybody actually used the OLE Datawindow Presentation style? I looked at it once when I thought I could simulate a mail merge with Word and again when I thought I could load a PDF to print it. The entire help consists of a few paragraphs and a short description of how to use bookmarks in Word. There is very little mentioned anywhere else. I'm just curious if anybody has found a purpose for this style, and what, if anything, could be done to make it useful. I'd really...

DataWindow Presentation Style #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01BF9AEF.C5AD6680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I started using PB3 (used 4,5,6 so far and a little of 7) I used = all the styles available just to see what they would look like and since = then it's been mostly tabular, freeform, grid, or group which you can = always do with tabular or freeform if you want to. Anyway, aside from = the presentation is there a real difference in using one as opposed to = another. I know there have been some quirky things reported when one = uses a tabular form in stead of a grid. I know grids DO have their own = idiosyncrasy but aside from that IS there any other major differences in = the different styles other than "style". TIA --=20 Regards, Contact: Daria L. Bullock <famu1982@email.msn.com> Company Info: Independent Professional Services = <http://www.iprofessional.com> Resume: <http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/FAMUDLB> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01BF9AEF.C5AD6680 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=3...

Composite Presentation Style DataWindow
Hi,... PB7 Build 9025 Window's Me PIII 600 128 RAM My problem is: How can i access child datawindow when i use Composite Presentation Style What i do: I use GetChild function, but it returns me -1 Thanks... O s a m a D i a b diab98@hotmail.com ...

Determining the presentation style of a datawindow
Hello all, Is it possible to find out (during the runtime) the presentation style that was used for a datawindow? A datawindow property or sth like that? Look in help for the Processing DataWindow object property. John Kolitsopoulos wrote in message ... >Hello all, > >Is it possible to find out (during the runtime) the presentation style that >was used for a datawindow? >A datawindow property or sth like that? > > > Thanks. I think I need a new pair of eyes!!!!! "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message...

Web resources about - How to find the presentation style of a datawindow in powerscript - sybase.powerscript

Glamour (presentation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Today, glamour is the impression of attraction or fascination that a particularly luxurious or elegant appearance creates, an impression which ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Facebook careers: ecosystem measurement manager, security program manager, presentation designer, more ...
... Other noteworthy jobs include a vertical client partner focused on fast-moving consumer goods, a manager of ecosystem measurement and a presentation ...

Lessonator: Create music slideshow presentations
Lessonator is a tool for creating beautiful music slideshow presentations on your Mac. It works like a mashup between Apple’s Keynote and Garageband, ...

Scripting News: Create a presentation in Fargo.
... move my whole act over there, but in the meantime, here's a pointer to my latest piece. http://dave.smallpict.com/2013/06/28/howToCreateAPresentationInFargo ...

How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation
... about it? Using the simple C.F.B.I. model will help you do just that.After going through the B-CHUBS Needs How to Make a Powerful Sales Presentation ...

Presentation Skills - Körpersprache for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Presentation Skills - Körpersprache on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Record number of emergency presentations putting NSW health system under pressure
The NSW hospital system is struggling to cope with a record 665,000 patients swamping emergency departments in the last quarter of 2015.

Byron Bay Falls Festival crowds well-behaved, say organisers, with paramedic presentations down 50pc
Organisers of the Falls Festival in Byron Bay joke that the crowd of 16,000 each day is being disappointingly well-behaved.

A&E Networks Abandons Glitzy Upfront Presentation
... duck hunters, little women or Vikings out to ad buyers this spring, becoming the latest TV group to forego the typical glitzy upfront presentation. ...