how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?

I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one
datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the
exist row in dw_2.

Thanks for help.

--

Best regards,

Ridwan
Goldbase Technology

Visit our Homepage :
http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html
http://members.tripod.com/goldbase
http://members.xoom.com/goldbase
* Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs)

0
Rw

Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file.

Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!).
When you drop onto dw_2, the dragdrop event will fire with arguments
which indicate the source object, the row, and a dw object that
references the dropped-upon object in the dw target.

You can verify that the source is a datawindow and that it's the correct
datawindow, and that the dw object in the target is
a column, then get the value(s) from the row in that
datawindow and apply them to the dw object.

HTH,

steve
[TeamPS]
Rw wrote:

> I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one
> datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the
> exist row in dw_2.
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Ridwan
> Goldbase Technology
>
> Visit our Homepage :
> http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html
> http://members.tripod.com/goldbase
> http://members.xoom.com/goldbase
> * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs)
0
Steve

How to read a dataset one row by one row?
I know you can use DataSet after close sql connection. I want to something after getting dataset, read from one row by one row, just like while datareader.read() Can I read dataset just like this? Thanks in advance! Justin Is this what you're looking for (from the Tips and Tricks Section of ASPNet101.com):http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=175David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer&...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Dragging a row within the same datawindow and having it move above the current row dragged over
I have been trying to drag drop a row within the same datawindow. I want a placeholder to tell me the the current row position and when I drop the row it moves the row above that row. I want the same type of functionality as a Grid Datawindow when you drag columns it tells you its current drag position then moves the column there. Is there any service or function that does this for rows. The Sort Drag drop has this but I cannot find anything on that placeholder What I do to implement this is create user events for both pbm_mousemove and pbm_dwnmousemove. It's actually pr...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

(Fwd) How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time
----- Forwarded message from Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> ----- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:48:37 -0400 From: Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> To: Tim.Bunce@pobox.com Subject: How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time Hello Tim (is it Dr. Bunce?), My name is Troy Mulder, and I am trying to get a perl script to interface with a PostgreSQL database. I am trying to step through each row of the database, and read one column of the row, and update another column of the row. When I follow the online tutorial a...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Update a rows in one table for each row in other table
Hello all, i am a newbie in SQL and i want to ask for your help in order to do the following update statement. I have a table tblUsers which holds all the users, one of the fields in their GroupId. In the UserGroup table i have a field "UsersCount" and in that field i want to keep the number of the users in that group. Basically i want everytime i am saving a user to recalculate the users in all usergroups. I am trying to have something like:SELECT User_GroupId, count(User_GroupId) as UsersCount FROM tblUsersWHERE DeletedFlag = 0 GROUP BY User_GroupId and then:"FOR EACH" User_GroupIdUPDAT...

One password row in a datawindow
Hi all, I have a table that holds some configuration variables and their values. Each variable (i.e. category) is in a separate row. One of the variables holds a password. I would like to avoid presenting the actual value on that row, and instead show stars. Obviously, I can't define the value column as "password" since it holds other values that should be presented. The datawindow should let the user modify the values and store them back at the database, so I'm limited in the use of calculated fields (I'd rather right as little code as I can to handle...

Printing one row from a datawindow
Kenneth I normally don't reply to e-mails because the newsgroups are a more appropriate place for these kinds of messages. That way everyone can benefit from the discussions. I'm a volunteer on the newsgroups so you aren't taking up too much of my time by asking questions. That's what we are here for! But, as long as I've written to tell you this, I'll go ahead and offer somesuggestions. In this scenario, I would consider creating another datawindow (freeform) that only displays one row of data. If the user wants to print a row from the original datawindow,...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

SQL: mutiple rows one column to multiple columns one row
In InfoMaker SQL can you take a table with multiple rows for the same key and take a column from the rows and create mutiple columns with one report line with the key(no duplicate keys) on a report? For example Table books (key) (book title) 123 misery 123 titanic 123 roots 456 war 456 1984 456 giant The report I need would look like this Key title1 title2 title 3 123 misery titanic roots 456 war 1984 giant Thanks in advance. -- Kaye Hendry HealthInsight email:kaye.hendry@healthinsight.org ...

How can I drag an Item from one datawindow to another datawindow
HI All I had a problem in draging any row from one datawindow to another datawindow. I tried a lot with below example but iam unable to acheive that one DataWindow ldw_Source IF source.TypeOf() = DataWindow! THEN ldw_Source = source IF row > 0 THEN ldw_Source.RowsMove(row, row, Primary!, & This, 1, Primary!) END IF END IF Plz help me VASU I answered you second post. Remember, this is a user forum and most of us don't read it on weekends. "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com...

Update datawindow with joined tables (one to one relationship)
I have 2 tables with a 1 to 1 relationship. For example: Table A with columns: ID, description Table B with columns: ID, full_description The ID from table B is a foreignkey from ID from table A No I have a datawindow with this select: SELECT a.id, a.description, b.id, b.full_description FROM TABLE a LEFT JOIN b ON a.id = b.id (The left join is because it can be that in table A is some row that aren't in table B) Now in the datawindow I want that the user can update the B.full_description column and update the database ...

Web resources about - how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ? - sybase.powerscript

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo