help on datawindow find!!

scripts :-

A1. lv_key=sle_1.text
A2.
li_recno=dw_2.find("left("+'code'+",1)='"+lv_key+"'",1,dw_2.rowcount())

B1. li_len=len(sle_1.text)
B2. lv_key=sle_1.text
B3.
li_recno=dw_2.find("left("+'code'+",li_len)='"+lv_key+"'",1,dw_2.rowcount())

Objective:- is to seacrh the contain of sle_1 (assume is a character for
A situation) exist in dw_1
Plse refer to line A2 and B3, I replace integer 1 with variable li_len,
it raised error "Expecting Number Expression". Plse help
0
cks

)

>Objective:- is to seacrh the contain of sle_1 (assume is a character for
>A situation) exist in dw_1
>Plse refer to line A2 and B3, I replace integer 1 with variable li_len,
>it raised error "Expecting Number Expression". Plse help

It's looks like error forming string for expresssion.
Try to use something like this
string ls_expression
ls_expression = "left( 'code' , " +string( li_len ) +"  ) = " + lv_key
li_recno=dw_2.find(ls_expression ,1,dw_2.rowcount())
I could't recognize, what is the meaning of 'code'
In your code its looks like string constant, not as field.
If it is field, use
ls_expression = "left( code , " +string( li_len ) +"  ) = " + lv_key

MIchael

0
Michael

Help ON!! Datawindow Find
Situation:- A window has 1 SLE (user input) & 1 DW (display all customer name). Logic :- When user entered a character(1) into SLE, DW will point the 1st customer name start with that character(1), if entered 2nd character, then DW will point the 1st customer name start with that characters(2). In other word, perform the same function like, PB help (Index) to search My Code is :- li_len = len(sle_1.text) sle1 = sle_1.text li_found = dw_1.find("left(customer_name, li_len) = '"+ sle1 +"'", 1, dw_1.rowcount()) System Error :-...

Help, Help, Help
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

Help on datawindow find!!
script :- A1. lv_key=sle_1.text A2. li_recno=dw_2.find("left("+'code'+",1)='"+lv_key+"'",1,dw_2.rowcount()) B1. li_len=len(sle_1.text) B2. lv_key=sle_1.text B3. li_recno=dw_2.find("left("+'code'+",li_len)='"+lv_key+"'",1,dw_2.rowcount()) Objective:- is to seacrh the contain of sle_1 (assume is a character for A situation) exist in dw_1 Plse refer to line A2 and B3, I replace integer 1 with variable li_len, it raised error "Expecting Number Expression". Plse help ...

Help, Help, Help !!!
Hello, I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7. All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL select statement.... That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE". I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I was doing. Kindly advice.... Regards, John ********************************************************************** string new_select // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed) SQLCA.DBMS = &...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help Help Help DataWindow.NET 2.0
Hello, i am using datawindow.NET 2.0 evaluation version my application is working fine using Pbls as source for objects as soon as i change the Pbl to PBD the application gives the error object not found however help says that u can use PBDs kindly tell me that this error is due to evaluation version or there is something wrong i am very worried about this behaviour because i have to report to my project manager for this behaviour of datawindow.NET kindly reply thanks Haroon Yes PBDs will work with the evaluation version. Is this a web forms or Windows Form...

How to find the presentation style of a datawindow in powerscript
Is there a way to find out the presentation style (like composite or crosstab or tabular ..) of a datawindow in powerscript ? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks! Shireesh email : shireesh.khandkar@lgeenergy.com //Dynamically determining the datawindow presentation style. string presentation_style string dw_type presentation_style = dw_1.Describe("datawindow.processing") CHOOSE CASE presentation_style CASE "0" dw_type = "Form, group, query,or tabular" //default setting CASE "1" dw_type = "Gr...

[...]

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

Web resources about - help on datawindow find!! - sybase.powerscript

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo