Getting MAC and TCP/IP addresses

Hi,

Does anyone know how to determine the MAC address of an installed
network interface card from within PowerBuilder?  How about the current
TCP/IP address?

I think there are API calls for these items, but I can not seem to find
them anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Chris Street
ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca

0
Chris

In article <36EED522.65341440@hydro.mb.ca>, ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca says...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to determine the MAC address of an installed
> network interface card from within PowerBuilder?  How about the current
> TCP/IP address?
>
> I think there are API calls for these items, but I can not seem to find
> them anywhere.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Chris Street
> ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca

Eric Aling's tips include the IP address technique...
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm
--
John Strano
[TeamPS]

As well, Check DocID #47761 in the Sybase support area. The IP Address is
available in the registry.

HTH
Ken McGuire

John Strano [TeamPS] wrote:

> In article <36EED522.65341440@hydro.mb.ca>, ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca says...
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to determine the MAC address of an installed
> > network interface card from within PowerBuilder?  How about the current
> > TCP/IP address?
> >
> > I think there are API calls for these items, but I can not seem to find
> > them anywhere.
> >
> > Thanks for the help!
> >
> > Chris Street
> > ctstreet@hydro.mb.ca
> >

> Eric Aling's tips include the IP address technique...
> http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm
> --
> John Strano
> [TeamPS]

0
123can

Get IP address and MAC address
Hi there! How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). Thank you in advance. -- [Adri�n C�rdoba] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell without root > attributes(I can't use 'ifconfig'). > Thank you in advance. > > /sbin/ifconfig -- Vahis aecordoba wrote: > Hi there! > How can get ip address and mac address from command shell wi...

How to get MAC address & IP address?
Dear all how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? thanks! Michael On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:42:51 +0800, "Michael" <michaell@hknet.com> wrote: >Dear all > > how to get the MAC address & IP address using PowerBuilder 6.5? > thanks! > >Michael > For IP address see http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm -- Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp On Wed, ...

Getting the MAC Address, ISP IP, Client IP of the user and verifying it to let the Login
Hi Everyone,Any help for getting the IP address of the client, its MAC address and its ISP IP so that after checking these he will be let into login.RegardsSadeed Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post If you get answer from this post(s) !Thanks GuysRegardsSid  Is this over the LAN or over the internet?Over the internet, you can only get the apparent IP address of the user (which may be the address of the external router).As to getting the IP of the ISP, then closest might be do a traceroute and take the last but IP address. Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer"...

Get MAC Address and IP number
Hi All, Can we obtain de MAC Address and the IP number of the local machine use Indy Components? I want to get this information without using exclusive Windows functions. My problem is how to obtain this information on Mac OS X and iOS systems. Thanks. <romulo nascimento> wrote in message news:415847@forums.embarcadero.com... > Can we obtain de MAC Address and the IP number > of the local machine use Indy Components? MAC, no. MACs are not exposed in socket APIs. IP(s), yes. Use the LocalAddress and/or LocalAddresses properties, or the AddLocalAddressesToList()...

Getting the TCP/IP Address through PB.
Getting the TCP/IP Address through PB. How can we get the TCP/IP address of a machine on which our PB application is running. Is there any Function in PB or do we have to depend on API calls? If so Which API and How? Pradeep 1 July 2000 Hi, See the example in the following site. http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ Thanks, Anand Kumar P <ppradeepkumar@vsnl.com> wrote in message news:395CE47E.D206E30F@vsnl.com... > Getting the TCP/IP Address through PB. > > How can we get the TCP/IP address of a machine on which our PB > application is running. ...

Get MAC Address and IP number
Hi, All of us know how to get the MAC Address and IP number using Windows functions, because we have a lot of examples on internet. But now in Mac platform, how we can get this information too? Thanks in advance. Ralph Wesseling wrote: >> {quote:title=romulo nascimento wrote:}{quote} >> Hi, >> >> All of us know how to get the MAC Address and IP number using >> Windows functions, because we have a lot of examples on internet. >> But now in Mac platform, how we can get this information too? >> >> Thanks in advance. > > ...

Gwia, "Bind exclusively to TCP/IP Address" and Secondary IP addresses problem...
Hello, I have a GWIA on a Bordermanger server with 3 private nics and 1 public. Gwia works with a groupwise PO server but also relays as an SMTP server other applications (like Topcall, Hp management server notifications, Listmessenger server etc.). Relays occur on different IP addresses on the different nics... By default, gwia listen and works with all the IP addresses and bordermanger filters have been configured accordingly. On the public side, the ptr dns record matches a secondary ip address. But, because of that, I get more and more errors like the following: &q...

Ip addresses linked to MAC addresses?
Hi, I recently decided to install a router onto my internet connection, (partially because of my Shields Up results, and partially because my linux computer acting as a router was a bottleneck (ISA ethernet cards.. eww)) Anyway, I plugged it in, booted it up, and noticed that my IP address had changed. Now, nowhere in my internet access does it say anything about static IP address, but my IP address hadn't changed for quite some time. (Somewhere in the range of 1-2 years) I thought that this was too much of a coincidence, so I took a closer look at my LinkSys router, and saw a WAN ...

how to find ip address from mac address?
It happened more than once. At a customer's office, there is a device with an unknown ip address. We know its mac address. The ip address might be different from the network. For example, the customer's network might be 10.1.0.0/16, whereas that device might have the ip address 192.168.200.123/24. For example, it might be a managed switch that has kept its default ip address. So, it works as a switch, but I cannot manage it. Apart from a sniffer, is there a (free?) software that can scan the network and find ip addresses of all hosts, and/or only of those whose mac address ...

Find an IP address having only the MAC address
Hi again, I've been searching google for a while about this issue, but I'm still too confused. My goal is to discover the IP address of the LAN interface of a Cisco 1721 router (it's located at the office where I work). I know the MAC address because it's written in a sticker at the bottom of the router. But I don't know the password to the router admin console :( The router's LAN interface is connected to a Sun workstation that has two NICs (one of them connected to the cisco and the other connected to a 24- port switch). The Sun machine works as a...

IP address vs MAC address
Ok somebody explain this to me. I understand how IP addresses are issued(well sort of...lol) Is it one IP address to one MAC address?(not accounting for non routable IP space) I understand there can only be one WAN facing IP address per machine/MAC/NIC/etc realizing multiple NICs possible on one computer. If that is the case then how can say a Comcast DHCP server keep from issuing an IP to a MAC address that another provider has already issued an IP for? In this case perhaps someone has made up a MAC address to use in their router for cloning purposes. Or does it really ...

Virtual IP Address (Mac Addressing)
We are planning a 26node cluster Groupwise implementation early next year. After meeting with our Network people, one of them posed the question if Server A (connected to Switch A) fails over to Server B which is connected to Switch B (Will the virtual mac IP address that fails over to Server B be recorded correctly). I was under the impression that the application layer managed it, but we need clarification for Netware. Thanks. Novell's fail-over works by only moving the IP address of a resource and not the MAC address. Therefore, the fail-over is completely transparent ...

Is there a way to get IP/Host name given the MAC address?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DA2.7BFEE650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1255" > Hi, > > Does anybody know's a way to get a Host name > If I have a Mac address both in pc and sun? > (it's the same as RARP but I don't know how to do it using command line ) > > THX > > ------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DA2.7BFEE650-- 1. SUN without DNS: arp -a 2. SUN with DNS: arp -a; nslookup hostname For Example: % arp -a | grep '00:55:' Net to Media Table Device IP Address Mask Flags...

IP Address allocation by mac address
Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it requests an address from the DHCP server? mike.dawson@scarborough.gov.uk schrieb: >Is it possible to give a specific mac address a fixed IP address when it >requests an address from the DHCP server? Yes. Just create an ip-address-object with manual assignment type in the DNS/DHCP management console. Enter the mac-address, unload and reload the dhcpsrvr module and release and renew the address at the workstation. Important: Don�t touch the client identifier field, when creating the object. J...

Web resources about - Getting MAC and TCP/IP addresses - sybase.powerscript

Postal addresses in the Republic of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ireland is one of the few countries in the world, and the only EU country, that does not have a Postal code system. As of 2012, the Irish Government ...

New Beta Version Of Facebook For Android Addresses Several Bugs
Facebook announced the release of an updated Facebook for Android beta version 3.5 in a post in the Facebook for Android Beta Testers group. ...

The Rewards and Risks of Facebook Developer Access to User Phone Numbers and Addresses
Facebook has begun allowing developers to ask users for their mobile phone number and home addresses in a move that will show the best and worst ...

IPCC Chair Addresses Summit on Climate Change - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Rajendra Pachauri, Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), addresses the opening plenary session of the Summit on Climate ...

Rev. Dr. William Barber, II addresses the NAACP, July 11, 2012 - YouTube
The Reverend Dr. William Barber, II addresses the Plenary Session of the NAACP Convention in Houston, Texas on July 11, 2012. His speech here ...

Premier addresses LNP poll result at American Chamber of Commerce event
Annastacia Palaszczuk's 'funny story' about being mistaken for an actor fell flat during her address to the American Chamber of Commerce (Queensland). ...

Jayson Blair Addresses Intercept Scandal
Jayson Blair had not heard or read anything about this week’s Intercept debacle until it was brought up to him by a New York Daily News reporter. ...

Ben Carson Addresses Cruz Tactics in Iowa: ‘By Their Fruit You Will Know Them’
Ben Carson Addresses Cruz Tactics in Iowa: 'By Their Fruit You Will Know Them'

Texas tabloid threatens to publish all local cops' addresses
After San Antonio police reveal man shot dead by cop was just holding a cellphone, local newspaper compares them to "Ku Klux Klansmen with hoods" ...

Katie Holmes addresses the famous ‘glib’ interview on Today Show: artful?
Katie Holmes appeared on the Today Show yesterday to discuss her role as Carla, a poet with bi-polar disorder in the independent film Touched ...