Getting date and datetime system formats

Hi,

How can I get the default date and datetime formats PowerBuilder uses for
string conversion?

Thanks in advance,
Yves.

0
Yves

I believe that PB checks the Windows regional settings and uses the values
there.

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:18:16 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Yves Joosen <yves.joosen@be.xrtcerg.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How can I get the default date and datetime formats PowerBuilder uses for
>string conversion?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Yves.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
2/28/2001 5:37:15 PM
Which means I have to resort to Win32 API calls for fetching the format..
I was hoping it would be available on some Context/Service/...

Thank you,
Yves.

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:VFwCX0aoAHA.253@forums.sybase.com...
> I believe that PB checks the Windows regional settings and uses the values
> there.
>
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:18:16 +0100,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
> Yves Joosen <yves.joosen@be.xrtcerg.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >How can I get the default date and datetime formats PowerBuilder uses for
> >string conversion?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >Yves.
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.needhim.org

Yves
3/1/2001 8:09:11 AM
I believe that it is available in the registry.  Look at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\<format you are interested in>

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:09:11 +0100,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Yves Joosen <yves.joosen@be.xrtcerg.com> wrote:
>Which means I have to resort to Win32 API calls for fetching the format..
>I was hoping it would be available on some Context/Service/...
>
>Thank you,
>Yves.
>

>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:VFwCX0aoAHA.253@forums.sybase.com...
>> I believe that PB checks the Windows regional settings and uses the values
>> there.
>>
>> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:18:16 +0100,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
>> Yves Joosen <yves.joosen@be.xrtcerg.com> wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >How can I get the default date and datetime formats PowerBuilder uses for
>> >string conversion?
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance,
>> >Yves.
>> >

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.needhim.org
>>
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
3/1/2001 4:35:57 PM
wrote in message news:rXU#w2moAHA.89@forums.sybase.com...
> I believe that it is available in the registry.  Look at:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\<format you are interested
in>

Many thanks!

I have never gotten used to the registry,
let alone the new active directory paella which is being poured on us :)

Yves.

0
Yves

get only date from a date with a datetime format
i have a problem with dates when it comes to searchingbasically, SQL searches for a date including the seconds,but i only need to date so that in any given time, it will yield a result.here's a part of my code-behind code: reqNo = RequisitionsLogic.GetReqNoByDate(currentDate, requestorCode)and here's the SQL statement created in a TableAdapter:SELECT RequisitionNoFROM RequisitionsWHERE (RequisitionDate = @RequisitionDate) AND (RequestorCode = @RequestorCode) take a look with this, don't just accept influenceshttp://thedailyarr.tkhttp://www.ftpx.com/index...

how to get the system date format?
how to get date format of the system that currently runs on..... thanks, Hi, try this: System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.ShortDatePatternPlease remember to mark this post as an [Answer] if you found it helpful. abhibp: how to get date format of the system that currently runs on.....   thanks, Hi,       Please refer below links:                                &...

Sunbird 0.9
Hi, I'm localizing for Esperanto and Upper Sorbian. For these 2 languages Windows OS locales doesn't exist. My Windows OS language is German. Sunbird should use the language of the program locale, thus Esperanto resp. Upper Sorbian. In week view, multiweek view and in month view this works. But in day view Sunbird uses the OS Language, thus German. But, also day view should use the locale language of Sunbird. Regards, Michael Wolf Michael Wolf wrote: > Hi, > > I'm localizing for Esperanto and Upper Sorbian. For these 2 languages > Windows OS loca...

How to get system date format based on regional settings
Hi all, I'm having problem getting the date format if my client is using a buddhist date format specifically thai calendar. Is there a way to know if a particular pc is using the gregorian calendar or the buddhist calendar. I just need to know so that I can do the necessary adjustment to the date if it is not in gregorian calendar. Thank you in advance. Regards and Thanks, Willie You can get it from registry with RegistryGet(); HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sShortDate / sLongDate "Willie Paredes" �b�l��i�K���e�D�� 49815482.65e3.1681692777@sybas...

System.DateTime to get date for particular day of week
I'm using a dataview to filter a dataset and I need to get all items in a database where the date is the upcoming Sunday. How would I do that? I want myDataView.RowFilter = "DATEFIELD = 'SUNDAY'"; where SUNDAY is the System.DateTime Expression giving me the date for the upcoming Sunday. I'm converting an application from classic ASP, where the query to do it looked like this: SELECT *  FROM databaseWHERE (Datepart(dw,DATEFIELD)=1 AND ((DATEFIELD<=convert(varchar(20), getdate() + 7, 1)) AND (DATEFIELD>=convert(varchar(20), getdate() + 1, 1)))) I'm using C#. T...

how to get system date time format through java script
Hi All I want to show clock on my aspx page,through java script I have done but I am showing it by using following code  var clockID = 0; function UpdateClock() { if(clockID) { clearTimeout(clockID); clockID = 0; } //var weekday=new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday") var monthname=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep&qu...

How can I get the DateTime.now to display in english date format
I have to get the System.DateTime.Now to display the date in the format : Day/Month/Year as opposed to the american Month/Day/Year. Anyone know how to do this. Heres my code: private void C1WebGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, C1.Web.C1WebGrid.C1ItemEventArgs e) { C1ListItemType lit = e.Item.ItemType; String jobDueByDate; DateTime TodaysDate = System.DateTime.Now; if (lit == C1ListItemType.Item || lit == C1ListItemType.AlternatingItem) { DataRowView drv = (DataRowView) e.Item.DataItem; jobDueByDate = drv[JobData.DUE_DATE_FIELD]...

Help me: Get System DateTime Format (user defined in control panel)!
I want to get system datetime format dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy etc... that user defined in control panel because when I used "INSERT ..." in SQL Server with column type datetime, if wrong format that take error :-(Please to help me!Thanks alot!Are You There? Perhaps this will help? Custom DateTime Format Strings-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights....

system.datetime.today.subtract... how to get yesterday's date?
        System.DateTime yesterday = DateTime.Today.Subtract(??datetime value??) //.ToString();        string[] date =   System.DateTime.Today.ToString().Split(' ')        string[] sentdate = LiteralDateStart2.Text.Split(' ');        if (date[0]== sentdate[0])  I'm using the date that a file was created to verify whether or not it exists, however the file is created and the next morning i need to see whether or not it exists....

getting date and time from system like "dateTime" in hebrew, is it possible ? how ?
a There is an example of exactly this in: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconworkingwithcalendars.asp Hope this helps, Russell...

Date in string format has to be changed datetime format
I have date coming to one page as a string in the following format"May 4 2005 12:00AM" I need to query one of my tables using this date in combination of other nondate values. How can I convert this date into valid sql server datetime format before I query a database tables Please help   Hi,you can use Sql function CONVERT :convert(datetime,MYPARAM,110)scu That format will work -- depending on your locale.  The recommended date format for SQL Server is the ISO format: YYYYMMDD HH:MM:SS.MS Note that :SS.MS can be left off, or the entire time portion can be left off and t...

Get date portion from DateTime (with DateTime property)
    private string _Date;    public string Date    {        get { return _Date; }        set { _Date = value; }    } objDados.Date = Convert.ToDateTime(drResult["APP_DATE"]).Date.ToString("dd/MM/yyyy"); If I replace _Date from string to DateTime, how can I get only date portion from DateTime? ThanksBest regards,Ivan Andrade Hi  you could always copy it. But I'd put the Date property to be of DateTime type. Something like:  &...

Getting just the date from a "datetime" sql column along with other data of different formats
Hi. I have a web page that gets the current user, then goes into a database and gets a list of invoices, this includes: invoice numbers, the date of the invoice, the date the invoice was paid, and the amount of the invoice. The data is then bound to a repeater control and displayed. i need a way to get just the date and not the date and time from the datetime columns. Here is my code that i have now: This next part gets the current user, then creates the selection string and binds the repeater to the data.Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) ...

saveas EXCEL
Hi all, I need to save a report in Excel format, this is how i've tried to save it, but the only result is that i get date, and datetime field in the datawindow saved in a personalized format not in the proper one (date, and datetime formats), so i'm asking help to sb more expert than me. I'm using Powerbuilder 5.0.0.4, Windows NT, Oracle. Thanks in advance. Luana string docname docname = "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\report1.xls" if dw_1.SaveAs(docname,excel!,true) <> 1 then messagebox("Error","Uncorrect Save of Fil...

Web resources about - Getting date and datetime system formats - sybase.powerscript

Is there a JQuery plugin to convert UTC datetimes to local user timezone?
If I have a tag: &lt;span class="utctime"&gt;2010-01-01 11:30 PM&lt;/span&gt; I would like a jquery script or plug in to convert every utctime ...

Targetprocess 3.7.3: Epic unit for Bug/Story cards, new DateTime functions in Webhook plugin
Webhook plugin supports new DateTime functions AddDays(DateTime date, int days) – Returns a new date with the number of days added. The number ...

Common Pitfalls when working with DateTime’s
In .NET, the DateTime structure provides us wonderful functionality, but this seemingly simple structure can cause a lot of headaches if you ...

Parsing Twitter Date format to .Net DateTime
Recently when I needed to parse the twitter datetime format into a .Net DateTime I found this post on the web showing how to do it. However, ...

C Sharp (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(pronounced see sharp ) is a multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing , imperative , declarative , functional , generic ...

1753 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language: English Afrikaans አማርኛ العربية Aragonés Asturianu Aymar aru Azərbaycanca বাংলা Bân-lâm-gú Basa Banyumasan Беларуская ‪Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‬ ...

Coded Smorgasbord: Schizophrenic Haiku Comments and More
... writes Malcom StandardResponse UnSubscribeNewsletterUserAccount( string opTinGUID,string email, string sellingRegion, string source, DateTime ...

Limburg.be - Welkom op de site van de provincie Limburg - Welkom_op_de_site_van_de_provincie_Limburg
visit wonen werken leven ontspannen infopunt home op trefwoord contactpersonen wegwijs sitemap print deze pagina Je bent hier: limburg.be Contact ...

Simples Ideias. Por Nando Vieira.
Simples Ideias Siga-me no Twitter Junho/2012 Usando o Vagrant como ambiente de desenvolvimento no Windows http://simplesideias.com.br/usando ...