Getting a printer Status.

Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information
from within powerbuilder.  I assume its the use of an API call. Which one?
I am trying to mimic the print options dialogue window like in Microsoft
Word.
Their 'printer dialog'  shows a printer status of 'Idle' for the default
printer.

Thanks,
GK

0
WorkerB

You can use
GetPrinter() API function.
Check for Win32sdk documentation for that.

Mahendra Dhamdhere

WorkerB wrote in message ...
>Does anyone know how to get the printer status and information
>from within powerbuilder.  I assume its the use of an API call. Which one?
>I am trying to mimic the print options dialogue window like in Microsoft
>Word.
>Their 'printer dialog'  shows a printer status of 'Idle' for the default
>printer.
>
>Thanks,
>GK

0
Mahendra

how to get printer status
now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper out, printer not on, paper not ready. i have to detect the status of printer before i send the print job. is there any sample code to detect printer status? your help is much apperciate. Check the enunjobs sample on CodeXchange, which reports back the status as well: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1058501 On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 04:21:12 -0700 (PDT), dave <chinho80@gmail.com> wrote: >now i facing a problem regarding to detect printer status, like paper >out, printer not on, paper not ready. >...

Printer status
I need to check the printer status ( on/off, on line, paper, etc.) before send the each and every job. How can I do this? Cecilia Villegas On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:55:21 -0500, "SYBASE" <TECCON@SYBCOM.COM> wrote: > I need to check the printer status ( on/off, on line, paper, etc.) before >send the each and every job. >How can I do this? There are Windows API calls that will give you this information. However, you might want to check out PowerPrinter (www.digitalw.com) to see it that will work for you. I've found it much easier to interfa...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Can I get the printer's status in pb?
I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. Anyone can help me? Thanks. Look at www.powerwhizz.com. If memory serves, he allows you to determine the printer status. On Fri, 12 May 2000 10:14:09 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Tom Chang <ztao@engineer.com> wrote: >I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get >the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. > >Anyone can help me? > >Thanks. >...

Can I get the printer's status in pb? #2
I want to know whether the current print job is over or not. If I can get the printer's status, I can decide the next step to do. Thanks. ...

Printer Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46b9f93c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am trying to get the Printer Status using the GetPrinter function provided by windows WINSPOOL.DRV. I am getting one problem in getting the printer status that Status is always 0 which is ready even though on the Window Print Manager I can see 'Error' or 'Toner Low' I put the code in the timer event to fetch the status every one second but with no success. Please suggest. I have extended over ...

How can I get the printer driver of the actual printer?
I want to get the driver of actual printer because I have one report that can be printed in a laser printer or a matrix printer. I did a lot of test about the width of the datawindow; I chose a width when I print in laser printer and another when is a matrix printer. The width changes for two printers. If I don't change the width, the report is O.K. in the matrix printer, but in laser printer is wrong; I get a extra white sheet. I was thinking to use GetPrinterDriver function, contained in Winspool library. Thanks for your help. Edgar. ...

Printer Driver Profile
Hi all, We're about to roll out some 200 new Xerox printers, about 8 different models in total. I've just come across a potential issue though. If you install the printer & driver (iprint does this nicely), the driver does not know about any of the "special features" of the device - such as duplexing etc... unless you go into the properties of the printer, select the Printer tab, click "get information from printer", supply the printer's IP and the driver interrogates the printer to find out what features it has.... you can then make use...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

Printer queue get disabled if the printer is not available (CUPS)
Hi, How can I make that CUPS do not disable a printer queue (in cups) when the printer gets for example witout paper a lot of time??? The problem is that if the printer gets without of paper or witout ink, I want to solve the problem just putting more paper for example, but in some cases, the CUPS server already has disabled the queue and I have to enabled it manually. I want that CUPS do not disable the queue if the printer get down or something like that. Thank you. Xavier, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That co...

Printer map printer status screen does not have full functionality
I have two different servers running iPrint. When a user clicks on the iPrint map with a printer they already have installed then it pops up a status window about the printer. On one server it shows information and a refresh button. On the other server it shows different buttons like, refresh, delete, hold, resume and information. I would like to have both servers to show the more functional one. I have not found any configuration setting I need to switch. Any ideas? Thanks. --____WKISEEMCOXWTOIDZWXLP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Enc...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

get printers
Hi, how can I get a list of available printers fur usage in the function PrintSetPrinter ( printername )? TIA Chris Werner If you're using PB9 call PrintGetPrinters function. For earlier versions there's PFC service, so even if your app is not PFC-based, you can easily use the functionality from there - it's comes down to a series of GetRegistry calls. "Chris Werner" <cw{please_no_spam}ATf-s.de> wrote in message news:42de3f63$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi, > > how can I get a list of available printers fur usage > in the funct...

Web resources about - Getting a printer Status. - sybase.powerscript

Clinton Must Choose How to Address Data Breach in Dem Debate
In third Democratic debate, how will Hillary Clinton tackle data breach by Sanders' campaign?

Martin Shkreli’s Arrest Causes A Stir In ‘Big Pharma’ Game
Since the former CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals Martin Shkreli posted a $5-million dollar bail, many organizations with whom he had a business ...

'League of Legends' Champions Moving To China? Tencent Fully Acquires Riot Studios
Korea Portal (English Edition) 'League of Legends' Champions Moving To China? Tencent Fully Acquires Riot Studios Korea Portal (English Edition) ...

Obama Meets With Families of San Bernardino Shooting Victims
Obama Meets With Families of San Bernardino Shooting Victims

By George! Charlotte is just like her mummy: Adorably happy family portrait show how little princess ...
An informal family portrait (right) of Kate (pictured at age one bottom left) and Wills (top left as a two-year-old) with their two children ...

‘Let Me Finish What I’m Saying’: Greta Confronts Cruz Over Past Immigration Position
After this week’s GOP debate, there was a renewed focus in the media over Ted Cruz ‘s past immigration positions. Back in 2013, he attempted ...

In Virginia's Bible Belt, an Arabic Lesson Ignites Anger
An Islamic lesson in Virginia's Bible Belt creates a viral furor and shutters schools

Jason Day’s wife released from hospital after LeBron James crash landing - Sport - The Guardian
Ellie Day, the wife of the US PGA champion Jason Day, has been released from hospital after being on the receiving end of a LeBron James crash ...

Apple's Tim Cook says tax avoidance criticism is 'political crap'
Apple and other tech companies have been criticised for using complex cross-border accounting measures to transfer profits to low tax jurisdictions ...

Outrage, not surprise over 'affluenza' teen on the lam
KSAT San Antonio Outrage, not surprise over 'affluenza' teen on the lam KSAT San Antonio That's what Kevin McConnell feels after learning ...