Get Computer Name

How to get the computer name in Win95 and Win3.1(workgroup)?

Thanks in advance.

Do any web site that contain all Window API calls, thanks.

Edward Chan

0
se5a03

For Win95:

FUNCTION ulong GetComputerNameA( REF string lpBuffer, REF ulong nSize )
LIBRARY "kernell32.dll"

Roy

se5a03 wrote in message <3522454C.2CB87E94@hotmail.com>...
>How to get the computer name in Win95 and Win3.1(workgroup)?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Do any web site that contain all Window API calls, thanks.
>
>Edward Chan

0
Roy
4/1/1998 5:58:47 PM
se5a03 a �crit dans le message <3522454C.2CB87E94@hotmail.com>...
>How to get the computer name in Win95 and Win3.1(workgroup)?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Do any web site that contain all Window API calls, thanks.
>
>Edward Chan

Hi

For the 16 bit API calls
http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/16apilst.html

For the 32 bit API calls
http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/32apilst.html

For DataType conversion
http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocId/ID=44648

0
Camille

How to get DNS Name be the DNS Name rather than computer name
In Patchlink associated with computers there is "DNS Name" field. This field seems to be the computer name (netbios name) for windows computers rather than the dns name assocated with the IP address. Is there a way to configure the patchlink server so this field reports the DNS Name rather than the computer name? where is that "DNS name" field? -- Shaun Pond > where is that "DNS name" field? > > -- > > Shaun Pond > > From the web interface: 1) From the Reports ->Computer Status Report the second field ins...

How can i get the computer client computer name not the IP address
I have been trying to get the client computer name and ip address. For the IP address i can get it. For the computer name i a gain get the IP address. Is there some thing i have to do in order to get the computer name not the IP. My application runs on a server in the company's intranet. Below is my sample code. I also want to get the "timea" just in hour/minutes format. At the moment timea is bringing to much details(I dont if there seconds or millisecoinds, but just to much figures) Dim username As String = HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name Dim timea As String = DateTime.Now.TimeOf...

How to get computer name?
How do I get the computer name from a vb.net 2.0 program?TIA,Owen Ok. I Found it.My.Computer.Name Owen...

Get computer name
I found the code below in an old Google session for this newsgroup. I am just wondering if the GetComputerNameA Win32 API works in 95, 98, 2000 and XP. Anyone? To get the computer name, use the GetComputerNameA Win32 API call as follows: FUNCTION boolean GetComputerNameA( REF string lpBuffer, REF ulong lpnSize ) LIBRARY "kernel32.dll" // sample code string ls_name ulong lul_maxlen lul_maxlen = 260 ls_name = Space( lul_maxlen ) IF NOT GetComputerNameA( ls_name, lul_maxlen ) THEN // handle the error ELSE MessageBox( "Computer Name", ls...

How do I get the computer name?
We have an application that is run on either the user's local machine or the server. I can get the local computer name using n_cst_platform.of_getComputerName(), but how do I get the server name will that function work as well? TIA > We have an application that is run on either the user's > local machine or the server. I can get the local computer > name using n_cst_platform.of_getComputerName(), but how do > I get the server name will that function work as well? > > TIA > > Are you just trying to determine if it is being run on a loal d...

How can I get the computer name?
hi, somebody there can help me please? I'm new in ASP.NET, I'm working in something where I need get the client computer name....how can i do that?........I think it could be possible with some script. Ask the user. there's no easy way to just get this automatically.RTFM - straight talk for web developers. Unmoderated, uncensored, occasionally unreadableJason Brown - MVP, IIS...

How can I get a computer name
Hi! How can I get a computer name, which is running my application? Sancho Sandris The platform service of the PFC has an of_GetComputerName() function. Good Luck Michael Walker Cascadia Software Sandris wrote: > Hi! > How can I get a computer name, which is running my application? > > Sancho > > > ...

Getting Computer Login Name.
  Hi all I'm using VWD Im trying to get the computer Login Name(Username) in my web application. I tried using HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name and alot of other way like the old method servervariables? and many other. But cannot rem them no. All of it works IF im working local Host. But it Just Became Empty or Wrong Value if its working on a server/client basis.   And ideas how to get it using web Application?   Thx in advance Cheers Did you tried just User.Identity.Name and what you got! Also what value it's showing. One more quesiton, are you using forms ...

get names of computer and their users
Hello, is there a way to get all the computers and their users in a domain? Thnx, geert I use NetQueryDisplayInformation http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/netmgmt/netmgmt/NetQueryDisplayInformation.asp?frame=true A good example can be found here http://www.topwizprogramming.com/redirect.html?page=freecode > Hello, > > is there a way to get all the computers and their users in > a domain? > > > Thnx, > > geert ...

Get Client Computer Name
I'm attempting to retrieve the client computer name from my ASP.NET web application. I'm using System.Net.Dns.GetHostName(). This is returning the computer name of the web server. The application is being used an a Windows 2000 Active Directory Intranet. How do I get the name of the client computer, not the web server name? Thank you. Try either Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_HOST"] for the client computername or Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"] for the client ip address Regards Fredr!k Close... Request.ServerVariables("remote_a...

get computer name in a network
Hello, I'm trying to get the computername from which a user has been logged in from. Is there a way to do this??????? Thnx, Geert http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip14.htm Good luck... ;) U�ytkownik <Geert Vancleef> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:4063fab6.370d.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello, > > I'm trying to get the computername from which a user has > been logged in from. Is there a way to do this??????? > > > Thnx, > > Geert Hi Geert, //external API declaration FUNCTION boolean GetComputerNameA(ref string ...

How to get a bitmap name from a Computed Fied
I am setting a computed field to a bitmap by using the expression :: Bitmap(Case(f_find_maint(sxpr_pk, ordd_sku_cd ) WHEN IS = 1 THEN "spman.bmp" when is = 2 then "zoom.bmp" else "stop.bmp")) The problem is that I cannot access the name of the bit map in the code. Does anyone have a clue on how to get the bitmap name? Thanks Have two computed fields, the first with expression Case(f_find_maint(sxpr_pk, ordd_sku_cd ) WHEN IS = 1 THEN "spman.bmp" when is = 2 then "zoom.bmp" else "stop.bmp") and the second wit...

Getting clicked computed column name
I have a datawindow which contains a computed column. If user clicks on that computed column i want to get the name of that computed column. How can it be done? Please help urgently. Thanks for the help in advance. Regds Vai Use dwo.Name, in the clicked event, that will return the name of the clicked object <Vai> wrote in message news:3B8C9AD4B36E42A20028363485256BAC.0028364A85256BAC@webforums... > I have a datawindow which contains a computed column. If user clicks on > that computed column i want to get the name of that computed column. How > can it be don...

How to get computer name application is running on?
I have a Windows Service and need to be able to get the name of the computer the service is running on from code for logging purposes. How can I get that? System.Environment.MachineName should contain the information you need----------------------------------------------Mark helpful posts as "Answer"Check out my cheese making blog http://cheeseathome.blogspot.com...

Web resources about - Get Computer Name - sybase.powerscript

Computer Show

Students smart on phones but going backwards in computer literacy
They may appear permanently glued to their smart phones and tablets, but Australian students are less able to navigate basic computer tasks now ...

Texting isn't enough: Australian students' computer skills drop, new report shows
Nearly half of Australian students are performing below expected standards in computer literacy.

Intel’s 72-core processor is coming to desktop computers next year
... anything yet. PC World reports that Intel wants to put its so-called Knights Landing chip into a limited number of workstation desktop computers ...

More Wash. students are taking STEM exams — but computer science courses in short supply
Washington students are getting more involved in science, technology, engineering and math or “STEM,” according to data released this week, but ...

How long did the iPad Pro last as Brian's work computer?
iPad Pro's have a charging issues, the Apple Pencil goes through torture we finally watch the Steve Jobs movie.

Japan chases title of world's fastest computer with new system
Taking a cue from China, Japan is developing a new supercomputer that could be among the world's fastest systems when released in 2020. The ...

Asustek Computers has sold 5 million smartphones in Indonesia
Asustek Computer launched ZenFone-series smartphones in the Indonesia market in 2014 and has cumulatively sold five million units, company CEO ...