Does Date variables still keep time info of DateTime values ?

I have the following question that was created by a small mistake I did.

I have a dw that refers to a date column in Oracle. By mistake I declared
this column as Date (myDate) instead of DateTime.

When I tried to place the value of this column to another dw using the
explicit datatype conversion DateTime(myDate), I noticed that there
was also the correct time present ........!!!!!

Does PB keep time info on Date variables ? (I though that during the
time of assignment operator '=' there should be something like SQL-truncate
function performed.

Any advice would be helpful.

TIA - tpet
0
tpet

First, you need to know the usage of DateTime() clearly. DateTime() is use
to COMBINE the date and time to one variable or column, not like Date() and
Time() function, to make the datatype convertion (see PB help - F1). If your
column has been defined to date type. I think you may use ALTER TABLE
command to change the column type.
e.g.: alter table table_1 modify myDate datetime.

HTH
Harry

<tpet>
???????:C50C5BA10874ACE4002EE14B85256BA4.002EE16385256BA4@webforums...
> I have the following question that was created by a small mistake I did.
>
> I have a dw that refers to a date column in Oracle. By mistake I declared
> this column as Date (myDate) instead of DateTime.
>
> When I tried to place the value of this column to another dw using the
> explicit datatype conversion DateTime(myDate), I noticed that there
> was also the correct time present ........!!!!!
>
> Does PB keep time info on Date variables ? (I though that during the
> time of assignment operator '=' there should be something like
SQL-truncate
> function performed.
>
> Any advice would be helpful.
>
> TIA - tpet

0
HYLai
4/23/2002 8:35:35 AM
For Oracle, the Date data type does store time information, too.  Use
Powerscript datetime data types to manipulate them.

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 04:32:03 -0400, tpet wrote:

>I have the following question that was created by a small mistake I did.
>
>I have a dw that refers to a date column in Oracle. By mistake I declared
>this column as Date (myDate) instead of DateTime.
>
>When I tried to place the value of this column to another dw using the
>explicit datatype conversion DateTime(myDate), I noticed that there
>was also the correct time present ........!!!!!
>
>Does PB keep time info on Date variables ? (I though that during the
>time of assignment operator '=' there should be something like SQL-truncate
>function performed.
>
>Any advice would be helpful.
>
>TIA - tpet

0