datawindow rows as columns

Hi
   I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns
   The structure i want is as follows

                 | column2
----------------------
   column1 | column3

   Is this possible ?

regards
husain

0
husain

Sure. Widen the detail band, drag the columns where you want them.

"husain" <husain@sasi.com> wrote in message
Hi
   I am creating a datawindow based on a table having three columns
   The structure i want is as follows

                 | column2
----------------------
   column1 | column3

   Is this possible ?

regards
husain

0
Lu

Disabling Drop-Down datawindow columns on a row-by-row basis
Here is what I want to accomplish: I have a datawindow that contains two columns - the first is a drop-down datawindow (display column: description, data column: code) and the second is a simple edit. This datawindow will display records currently available for a specific person and will allow inserts to be made and updates to be made on existing rows - for the second column only. This means that I want the drop down datawindows to only function when doing an insert - for those rows that already exist, or those that exist after an update is issued, I want the drop-down capability t...

problem with the datawindow Rows-Update Properties
i am trying to set up a datawindow for a table with a compound primary key where one of the columns is a datetime column (ASE 11.5) : xpkactivity_action_note clustered, unique activity_num, action_datetime, resource_id, activity_action_id The action_datetime column doesn't appear in the Unique Key Columns() list box in the Specify Update Properties which results in the update not working properly because the where clause is incorrect... (the column is in the Updateable Columns list). when i press the Primary Key button, it selects the other 3 columns. i can't find a...

How to go through a datatable row by row and column by column
Hello, I have a dataset with a datatable and I need to insert each row from the datatable on my sql table, anyway there may be errors, so some rows may not be inserted because primary key constraints,  So I need to show the rows that are not inserted in a gridview, the hard thing to do is to go through all the datatable,  is there an wasy way to do it?MCPD ENTERPRISE APPLICATION DEVELOPER Start by looking herehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.common.dataadapter.update.aspxPerform an update of your dataset, and if a row fails, you can mark it as invalid.You can ...

How to Modify Contents of a DataWindow DDLB column based on value of another column in the same row.
I'm trying to conditionally Modify the contents of a DataWindow DDLB column. For example, ls_modstr = "cp_basis.Values='5 Test~t5~tIf(cp_type=~~'TB~~',30 Day~t30,3 Year~t3)'" ls_rtn = This.Modify(ls_modstr) Does anyone have an example of syntax that works? Thanks, George I don't believe the values attribute will actually accept a function. Have you thought about using a DDDW instead and applying a filter dynamically? On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:10:21 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <George_Farrance> wrote: >...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can i make datawindows append a row when the user presses tab on the last column n row?
Hi! I want a datawindow to append a row when the focus is on the final column and row and the user presses tab. I even tried to capture this user-action in several special-events but i couldn't make it. You can use user-defined event. Event ID is pbm_keydown. In this event, you write some code to test if the user pressed the Tab key and test whether the current position is in the Last row & last column. If so, use insertrow to append a new row in the datawindow. I ever use the user-defined event to accomplish the similar function. But I want the user press Enter key inst...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

DataWindow Column/Row Colors
Hello, I have a DataWindow question that I am hoping someone can help me solve. I have a DataWindow with 5 Rows. Each row contains 4 columns. Text Color of each Column of 2 of the 5 Rows in Red. So, 2 Rows are made up of Columns that are Red Color Text (Not the standard Black Color). I highlight 1 of these 2 Red Color Font Rows. Then, I press on a CommandButton. When I press on a CommandButton, I want to turn this Red Color Font Columns on the highlighted Row (only) to the standard Black Color Font (for each Column). I was trying to achieve this using the Modify ( ) func...

computing the difference of a column in the current row from the column of the preceding row
Hello, a user asked me if we can solve following problem: we want to compute the difference (delta) of a column in the current row from the column of the preceding row. My first solution signs where: create a computed field (small_function_result) that takes the value from the preceding row: small(value, value, cf_getrow for all); where cf_getrow is a computed field like this: if(getrow()=1,getrow(),getrow()-1) create a computed field (Diff) that computes the difference: value-small_function_result My results should look like this: Row Value cf_getrow small_func...

GridView.Rows(Column=ID_PK) to GridView.Rows(Column=DropDownListTeamplteField)
Hi Guys,I wonder how I can assign the PrimaryKey in each GridView Row to the template field in the same row. whereas the template field is filled with a dropdownlist thatshould show the values for retrieved in a different table through the GridView Row primary key (which serves as the SELECT parameter to get these values) The GridView looks like this:<asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="C_ID" DataSourceID="GetC_IDs"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField D...

Group Datawindow by row and column
Hi all, Is there a way to make a DW grouped by row and column. What I mean is: Suppose I have columns User, ObjectType, Object. So I need to represent this data in the next way: User1 User2 User3 ObjType1 a1 a2 a3 b1 b2 ObjType2 c1 c3 Where, as you understand, a1, a2... c3 are Objects Is there a way to make this? Hi, looks like a crosstab datawindow. Make a new datawindow and choose the presentation style "...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

Web resources about - datawindow rows as columns - sybase.powerscript

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo