Crystal Reports with Powerbuilder

I want to create  reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database
file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do?

Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder

0
ewendell

Learn DataWindows and forget about Crystal Reports.

Yakov Fain
 www.excaliber.net/yfain/

ewj wrote:

> I want to create  reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database
> file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do?
>
> Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder

0
Yakov
7/6/1998 12:10:02 PM
Learn DataWindow is better than use third party report writer.

DataWindow is very powerful.

ewj wrote in message ...

>I want to create  reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database
>file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do?
>
>Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder

0
Chris
7/7/1998 4:07:13 AM
I'm assuming you're talking about creating reports with the Crystal Report
designer, and then running them from within a PB app utilizing the Crystal
Reports OCX.

1. What stand-alone database?  SQL anywhere that comes with Powerbuilder?
Use ODBC with Crystal to connect to the database and create the report

2. Run PB, and place an OLE control on a PB window.  You can then associate
the Crystal OCX  with this OLE control.  You will fill in OCX properties
such as report file path and name, database name, password, etc..

ewj wrote in message ...

>I want to create  reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database
>file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do?
>
>Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder

0
Russ
7/7/1998 5:54:40 AM

ewj wrote:

> I want to create  reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database
> file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do?
>
> Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder

Hi,

I've been reading some of the suggestions and if you would like to use
Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder, the first thing I would suggest would be
to download the sample PowerBuilder application from Seagate's website at:

http://www.img.seagatesoftware.com/crystalreports/techsupp

You will find a link for Service Packs and Samples then a link for 32 Bit.
In here you will find a PowerBuilder 5 application called pwrbld32.zip.  If
you are still using 16 Bit then go to the AppDev link and get pwrbldr.zip.
Both of these will show you how to get started and they cover some of the
more common calls to use.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

0
Brian