compiler error message using SQL statement

Hi!
I am connecting to two databases in my application through Database painter:

            1. using ODBC to MS Access

            2. using OLE DB to MS SQL (As active connection)

I have created different transaction for each connection in my script.

Problem:

            When I compile my script with some SQL statements, where I
indicate the necessary transaction (USING transaction), I have compiler
error message that

in SQL statement (whose use the ODBC connection) it can't find some table
using OLE DB  !

When I change active connection to ODBC, I reach similar error message about
other SQL statement (second connection, whose use the OLE DB connection )
can't find some table using ODBC, but first error message does not exit
anymore!

What I do wrong?

Please help!

Sandris

0
Sandris

You haven't done anything wrong. Those are database warning messages.
You can turn them off by going to the Design/Options menu and then
clicking on the Scripts tab. Deselect the display database warnings
checkbox. (Note if you are in the script editor you will have to close
it an reopen it before PB will ignore those datbase warnings.)

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:39:31 +0200, "Sandris" <sandriks@inbox.lv>
wrote:

>Hi!
>I am connecting to two databases in my application through Database painter:
>
>            1. using ODBC to MS Access
>
>            2. using OLE DB to MS SQL (As active connection)
>

>I have created different transaction for each connection in my script.
>
>Problem:
>
>            When I compile my script with some SQL statements, where I
>indicate the necessary transaction (USING transaction), I have compiler
>error message that
>
>in SQL statement (whose use the ODBC connection) it can't find some table
>using OLE DB  !
>

>When I change active connection to ODBC, I reach similar error message about
>other SQL statement (second connection, whose use the OLE DB connection )
>can't find some table using ODBC, but first error message does not exit
>anymore!
>

>What I do wrong?
>
>Please help!
>

>Sandris

0
dfish

error messages using SQL statement through OLE DB connention
Hi! I am connecting to two databases in my application through Database painter: 1. using ODBC to MS Access 2. using OLE DB to MS SQL (As active connection) I have created two different transactions: TRANS_X; (ODBC) TRANS_Y (OLE DB) Problem: When execute my script with some SQL statements (I indicate the necessary transaction ), I reach SQLDBCODE error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated error. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. from the statements whose contain a function MIN() or MAX(). Fo...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code1.
 Hi all, I just installed the software which was fine and no errors... when i went to run it first time at local host it came up with the following error... anyone know what this means?? I have created different ASP.NET projects and it runs no problem... Regards Sicose Server Error in '/PortalVBSDK' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed...

Help needed for this error
 I a getting the above error but cannot seem to find the Problem. Code was working fine until I inserted a reponse write statement  which I subsequently removed. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %> <script runat="server">sub FindRec (sender As Object, e As EventArgs)dim dbconn,sql,dbcomm,dbreaddbconn=New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=d:\database\spofmaster.mdb")dbconn.Open()sql="SELECT * FROM LogControl...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.
 I have deployed my website to a server hosted by a hosting company. (WebHost4life). I keep getting an error message when I try to access the web application via the assigned URL. Does anyone know what the problem is? Why am I getting this error message and how do I fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128
I recently installed the .net framework 1.1 to one of my IIS servers. I have been running the .net and some of the starter kits on my dev box and it works just great. In addition to trying the time tracking starter kit (which also works great on my dev box), I have tried a very simple test.aspx page. I would appreciate any help or direction on what to do about this. I am new to .net and not even sure what to try to resolve this problem Thanks in advance. -Bob Server Error in '/TTWebVBVS' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502
Hi all, I am posting this just in case this information is useful for other people. I have an ASP.Net page created with VS2005 worked perfectly when running in release mode, but it consistently gave me the following error when running in debug mode within VS2005: Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502  The problem was solved after restarting VS.Hong Hi, I appreciate that you share your experience here. Thanks, ThomasThomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

Gettign error message Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server
I have VS 2005 and VS 2003 installed in my system. I got debugging issues when using VS 2003 ..SO uninstalled it and installed VS 2003 again. When i try to run my application.Iam getting the following error.Not able to overcome this.   I appreciate if someone can help me.It is really urgent and i have wasted lots of time on this.:(  this is the error message Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above   Thanks in advance. lakslaks Looks lik...

Embedded SQL compile
When I enter embedded SQL in a script with errors (invalid column names, etc.) the compile is not giving any error or warning messages. I'm using 5.0.03, and while in the script painter under Design -> Options I have checked every box for displaying errors and warnings, but still I get nothing. I know at home it will display warning for me, so it must be something I've set incorrectly, but I don't know what. If you could reply via e-mail I would appreciate it, as I have limited access to the internet here in the office. --Thanks In article <NSkFogHG#GA.159@...

Error message received when using UNLOAD statement
Hi I am using the 'UNLOAD' statement to extract database tables to text. The statements being run are like 'unload table employee to <filename>'. This works 95% of the time. However on one server that has some large tables, we get the following error. 'Error - General Error: I/O error Fatal error: File exist - transaction rolled back.' However, if this same database is copied onto another server, it will work fine. Wondering if anybody can help out with a possible cause of this problem. We are using Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.2.2188 T...

Error Message received when using UNLOAD statement
I am using the 'UNLOAD' statement to extract database tables to text. I use a cursor in a stored procedure to loop through a selected list of tables, and then call another stored procedure to run the UNLOAD. The statements being run are like 'unload table employee to <filename'. This works 95% of the time. However on one server that has some large tables, we get the following error. 'Error - General Error: I/O error Fatal error: File exist - transaction rolled back.' However, if this same database is copied onto another server, it will work fine. Won...

Showing Error message using sql query
i m using VS 2008 with VB I want to check if a record exists before entering it. i directly place the command in insertcommand inside sqldatasource control like this InsertCommand=" IF (EXISTS (SELECT * FROM [product] WHERE [customerName] = @customerName AND [productName] = @productName)) BEGIN SELECT ('File Already Exists') End Else BEGIN INSERT INTO [product] ([customerName], [productType], [productName], [format], [content], [maxOrder], [transCode], [chequeDigit], [paperType], [minSerialNo], [maxSerialNo], [accountNo], [price], [nrc]) VALUES (@customerName, @productT...

Using SQL DELETE statement causes error
I have the code below, it throws an exception. Am I using the DELETE statement correctly? Ben Private Function RemoveExpired() ' Remove all records from vsvehicles where availible field set to zero Dim DatabasePath As String = "C:\trader32.mdb" Dim ConnectionString As String Dim SQLCommand As String ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" ConnectionString &= "Data Source=" & DatabasePath Dim OleDbConnection As New OleDbConnection(ConnectionString) ...

Compiler Error Message: BC30205: End of statement expected.
Hello everybody, I am working my way through the tutorials and am stuck on this one - http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/guidedtour/Section4/ddlcodebuilder.aspx I keep getting the same message and have re-done the tutorial several times. I have taken the advice from this thread but to no avail - http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=252086. Can anyone see what is wrong here? Compiler Error Message: BC30205: End of statement expected. Source Error: Line 54: Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Line 55: If Not Page.IsP...

Compiler Error Message: CS0103 in page using javascript
Hi, I am getting the following error message when I try to run my aspx page which has javascript. Any help will be appreciated. Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'm_Survey' does not exist in the current contextSource Error: Line 112: Line 113: <% Line 114:for(int i=0;i< m_Survey.getSectionCount();i++){ %> Line 115: <% Line 116:if(i%2==1){ %>Source File: c:\Projects\WAP\admin\edit.aspx    Line: ...

Web resources about - compiler error message using SQL statement - sybase.powerscript

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from June 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Reserve Bank dons rose-tinted glasses in Statement on Monetary Policy
The Reserve Bank reckons things are on the up and up.

Stuart Robert: Labor demands 'full statement' on trip to China, meeting with Chinese Government Minister ...
Federal Minister Stuart Robert under pressure to explain his trip to Beijing, amid revelations he met a Chinese Government Minister.

Ohio Attorney General's Planned Parenthood Statements Based On Misinformation
Autoclaving experts and Kentucky state inspectors say Attorney General Mike DeWine was wrong about Planned Parenthood allowing fetal remains ...

CNN’s Brooke Baldwin Calls Ted Cruz Statement ‘B.S.’
CNN has accused the campaign of Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz of making false statements about the network’s reporting on the campaign ...

Donald Trump rips Ted Cruz in closing statement - Business Insider Deutschland
Donald Trump attacked Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) in his closing statement at the ABC News Republican debate on Saturday night.

Cleveland Browns Point To Johnny Manziel’s Release In Statement « CBS New York
The team issued a strong statement Tuesday, condemning quarterback Johnny Manziel's actions and pointing to his release in March, a move that ...

DSA speaks out on Steinem's statement
Here is part of the NPC Statement on Gloria Steinem. Gloria Steinem, who supports former Secretary of State Hill...