COM/COM+ component

Hi

Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and
the way to use it ?

cheer
0
Muriel

<Muriel> wrote in message news:417783cf.293.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have an simple example of COM/COM+ component and
> the way to use it ?
>
> cheer

Check the ole-ocx-activex group.   There are also several examples in the help documentation.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Dave; By this you mean allowing PB to build a COM Server? Chris "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> wrote in message news:gm2j24hk7o0pedrhc3kudlg2tqdgs8hjei@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard i...

COM/COM+ Components
We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in PowerBuilder 11.5. Alternatives are deploying your NVO as a .NET Web Service or as a .NET Assembly. Would removing this feature have an impact on you? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Blog: http://powerbuilderevangelist.blogspot.com/ Yes certanily. We are using many many COM/COM+ components. "Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <n0Spam__dfish@sybase.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ch2j24tdfqbfua264mmrnu2d3isrm1clug@4ax.com... > We are planning to deprecate the COM/COM+ component wizard in >...

PB COM components in COM+
Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a COM component built in PB7 ? No. Following Microsoft info, and my own tests, COM+ are actually supported only by VB and Ms C++. In PB, GetContextService call always return -1. "Robert Ranck" <reranck@cmds.com> wrote in message news:XR#daMQRAHA.162@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to successfully utilize COM+ transaction management via a > COM component built in PB7 ? > > > ...

geobutton.com geoup.com, geobytes.com networldmap.com?
Do these website have the potensial for privacy 'invasion'? If you just to be on the safe side want them in your host file (I did a DNS Zone Query): # Geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 radev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 devadmin.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 ra.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 new.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 comdev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 buttondev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 mail.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 www.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 image.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 dev.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 button.geobutton.com 127.0.0.1 map.geoup.com # Geoup.com ...

need to remove XSRemover.com; WorldAntiSpy.com; WinHoun.com and PSGuard.com
I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop hijackers. The info online is limited. I have found that some of those are desktop hijackers. I told the person to check Add Remove to see if those are installed and run Ad Aware Se and Spybot Search and Destroy. Is there a remover for those or a place that tells how to manually clean up the machine. -- Firewire "Firewire" <firewire@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:dn9m9d$m0q$1@news.grc.com... >I have a long distance friend I am trying to help remove some desktop > hij...

COM problem -
Im using a 3rd party dll for CC processing. To use this dll, I had to install WSE 3.0. All is good locally, but it didnt work when I uploaded to the testing server. I asked by boss to install WSE 3.0 on the server so that I could use the dll. He installed it and I get the following error:Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 80040154.[COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {698BFD43-76AA-4D13-98FE-5BE9FF5E05B8} failed due to the following error: 800401...

What is COM/COM+/DCOM
Hi All, What is concept behind COM, COM+ and DCOM, Plz discuss in detail... Thanx in advance SajjadPlease Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem__________________________Regards,Sajjad RizviC U ON NETreply me : sajjaddotnet@yahoo.com Sajjad, please do not ask us to do your homework for you. The following will provide you with a good start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_object_model Alister but why ???? Because this forums for asking the Question.... Any thing Wrong... (Thanx for Link)Please Mark as Answer, if the post Solve your Problem_____________________...

Sending to aol.com , gmail.com, and yahoo.com
I'm running GroupWise 7.0. I have a Firewall and a CISCO router. We have all SMTP traffic pointing to the local IP address of the GroupWise server. At are website hosting company we have a MX record setup to point to an open Internet IP addres from are ISP. So when someone email us it comes from the internet IP address to are firewall to are local ip address. We are having proplem send to aol.com, yahoo.com, and gmail.com. How do I solve this. Also getting some host down issue and the host that is down is are .com address. Please help I had the same issue and we h...

Hi All, Need your help to resolve my problem, I have a dll for a ChangeMangement tool (I guess this was developed using VB), when I try to register this dll, I am getting "Dll loaded, but DllRegistry entry point was not found" I am sure this dll is not corrupted one, bcz same dll I am able to refere in my server (where corresponding Tool is installed). Any one can help how to register this dll ? or how to find the dependent dlls for this? I am trying use the classes in this COM object, but when I refere in .Net and when I run the appl, I am getting CLSI was not loaded. ...

Use unregistered COM components (Reg Free COM) in ASP.Net app??
Hi, I am a newbie in ASP.NET.  I just wonder how we could use unregistered COM in ASP.NET 1.x and 2.0 web application. Thank you in advance :) Phil...

SmtpClient , sending mails to @gamil.com or @yahoo.com or @anyOtherThing.com
i am creating a  SmtpClient as follows    Dim Client As New SmtpClient("mycompany.com")it work fine for all  ids end with  @mycompany.com  (i mean the To field) but it throws an exception  when i send mails to  ids ending with  @gamil.com or  @yahoo.com  or @anyOtherThing.comand the exception.message is  'Thread was being aborted.  how can i get escape  Check your SMTP server settings and check the SMTP server logs.  My guess is you're not allowed to forward outside your domain. JeffPlease: Don't for...

c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com crl.microsoft.com
Windows-update and various security patch downloads all access some or all of the URL's c.microsoft.com c2.microsoft.com and crl.microsoft.com. I suspected these URL's to do some information-snooping so I blocked all requests to the internet. I was somewhat surprised to find that everything was working completely as before. So my question is: does anyone here know what these URL's are used for? As far as I know c.microsoft.com serves webbugs, and only webbugs. Never found anything from the other two servers you mentioned. Where did they show up and what did they serve? ...

Microsoft COM+/MSDTC Components (COM+) edition of the Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool
The Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool facilitates the gathering of critical system and logging information used in troubleshooting support issues. The reporting tool DOES NOT make any registry changes or modifications to the operating system. This tool gathers some of the same basic information needed for this support scenario category. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e52ae84a-66ef-4515-950c-cf0edd603a9a&DisplayLang=en -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com
Name: Jim Blood Email: jimblood_at_macserve.net Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox locks up when using Drudgereport.com/breitbart.com/g.thinktarget.com Comments: Sirs; I traced my problem back to your banner ad that g.thinktarget.com is running on behalf of breitbart.com when I click on a drudgereport.com article. I am passing your banner ad webpage on to a list of FireFox users so that they too can be aware that everytime the g.thinktarget.com URL appears it forces me to shut down my FireFox application. Now this doesn't happen with Mozilla, but I've got a lot of ...

Web resources about - COM/COM+ component - sybase.powerscript

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people