Calling PB application from other web application

Friends,
       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with
windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.

Thanks,
Saravanan

0
Saravanan

What does the application need to return?  If you just want to launch the
original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web deployment
kit.  If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look at
deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling them as COM or CORBA
objects.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:38:36 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Friends,
>       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with
>windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
>powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
>would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.
>
>Thanks,
>Saravanan

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Bruce
9/15/2000 4:47:27 PM
Bruce,
    Thanks for your response. Here is the actual situation. The another web
application running on the browser will be calling the powerbuilder
application by sending some arguments(customer ID etc..). Then powerbuilder
application has to run on web browser, get some input from the user, save
them in the database.  Is there anyway we can do this without using Jaguar?

Thanks,
Saravanan
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:QZYbhSzHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com...
> What does the application need to return?  If you just want to launch the
> original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web
deployment
> kit.  If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look at
> deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling them as COM or CORBA
> objects.
>
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:38:36 -0700,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
> Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Friends,
> >       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application
with
> >windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
> >powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
> >would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Saravanan
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
Assisi]
> http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
> http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
> http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Saravanan
9/18/2000 1:36:12 PM
You could always use distributed PB in lieu of Jaguar, but there's no guarantee
how long it will continue to be supported.  Also, depending on the complexity
of what the app needs to do in the web browser, you might be able to use one
of the plugins.  However, with a plugin, the client needs to have it's own
connection to the database.  If you used the WDK to do this, the server would
do the connection, the client would only be running the UI portion of the app.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:36:12 -0700,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Bruce,
>    Thanks for your response. Here is the actual situation. The another web
>application running on the browser will be calling the powerbuilder
>application by sending some arguments(customer ID etc..). Then powerbuilder
>application has to run on web browser, get some input from the user, save
>them in the database.  Is there anyway we can do this without using Jaguar?
>
>Thanks,
>Saravanan
>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
>wrote in message news:QZYbhSzHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com...
>> What does the application need to return?  If you just want to launch the
>> original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web
>deployment
>> kit.  If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look at
>> deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling them as COM or CORBA
>> objects.
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:38:36 -0700,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
>> Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >Friends,
>> >       I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application
>with
>> >windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this
>> >powerbuilder application to be called by another web application.  I
>> >would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions.
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Saravanan
>> >

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
>Assisi]
>> http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
>> http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
>> http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Bruce
9/18/2000 3:57:19 PM
Thank you Bruce.

wrote in message news:fUK3fkYIAHA.251@forums.sybase.com...
> You could always use distributed PB in lieu of Jaguar, but there's no
guarantee
> how long it will continue to be supported.  Also, depending on the
complexity
> of what the app needs to do in the web browser, you might be able to use
one
> of the plugins.  However, with a plugin, the client needs to have it's own
> connection to the database.  If you used the WDK to do this, the server
would
> do the connection, the client would only be running the UI portion of the
app.

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:36:12 -0700,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
> Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Bruce,
> >    Thanks for your response. Here is the actual situation. The another
web
> >application running on the browser will be calling the powerbuilder
> >application by sending some arguments(customer ID etc..). Then
powerbuilder
> >application has to run on web browser, get some input from the user, save
> >them in the database.  Is there anyway we can do this without using
Jaguar?

> >Thanks,
> >Saravanan

-
> >Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> >wrote in message news:QZYbhSzHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com...
> >> What does the application need to return?  If you just want to launch
the
> >> original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web
> >deployment
> >> kit.  If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look
at
> >> deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling them as COM or CORBA
> >> objects.
> >>
> >> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:38:36 -0700,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
> >with

> >> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> >> mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com
> >>
> >> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
> >Assisi]
> >> http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
> >> http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
> >> http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of
Assisi]
> http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
> http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
> http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Saravanan

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

Call one web application forms with in another web application ..
I am having forms named A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 in my web application1. And i am having B1,B2,B3,B4 and B5 in my web application2.I am using Windows authentication for my web application1. And i am using Form Authentication for my web application2.I am planning to host these 2 applications in 2 different servers.Here i am planning to have web application1 as a stand alone application.And Web application2 should interact with web application1.I want to call my web application1 forms in my web application2.But both authentication types are different.........???How to do it....??Any ideas ??Kamran Shahi...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh This newsgroup is for discussing enhancement requests for future versions of PowerBuilder. You will get a much more relevant reponse if you post in one of the other newsgroups, for example: powersoft.public.powerbuilder.distributed or powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general <Mahesh> wrote in message news:E66A29615A1F68F4006837D685256BC8.006837E685256BC8@webforums... > Is it possible to call a internet...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh If I understand you correctly, you can add teh Microsoft Internet Explorer ole object to a window and have it browse to the site housing the PB appliation just like it would to any other site. See this technote for details on browsing automatically etc. http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com ...

PB Applications converted to Web Applications
We have a number(3) of large PB7.0 applications that we are looking to migrate to the web. I know that we can take advantage of the DW in the applications (using HTML DW), but what about the other objects, both visual and non-visual. Are there currently any tools for generating web-applicable objects from existing PB objects other than DWs and are there any plans to do this in the future? My understanding is that the WDK only works for LAN, WAN and intranet not internet access, so this will not work for us. Any information would be appreciated, I am looking to leverage as m...

Call a web application from a windows application
HiI have 2 seperate projects: A web application in ASP.NET and a windows application in C#.I want to be able to open the web app from the windows app. What is the most elegant way to do it? Look into the System.Net.WebRequest and System.Net.WebResponse classes. I believe that there are even samples in VS Help on doing what you want.NC... i do it once a long a go time you can use this code as an exampleSystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IExplore.exe","www.microsoft.com");also you read a bout process class from the msdn or microsoft onlin msdnthere is ...

How to Call a Window Application from Web Application
 How to call a windows application from a web application. For Example,In orkut.com, when we click on the green button (Online), GTalk application got invoked. Can anyone please let me know how to do that? Also, i need to know the technical name of this scenario.Please refer some good articles!  Thanks in Advance!!!Srinivasan I don't remember the name of the technology doing this, but basically what you have to do, is the desktop application, during its install (with a Windows Installer or something), has to associate a protocol with itself... for example, you have stuff lik...

the problem about updating the PB application into Web application
I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into Web application. How can I finish the task under the condition of lest modification of the old PB application. Please give me some schemes. Thanks 1. Please don't cross-post. 2. If you don't want to modify the old PB app, you can get it to the web using the web deployment kit with few, if any, changes. On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:18:00 +0800, in sybase.public.webdeploykit wangjun <wj@ascc2000.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote: >I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

how to call a console application from web application with parameter passing over
I am able to to call a console application from the web application using c#. But it only works for a simple console application. What I am trying to do is to use the console application accessing database, it does not work below is the code to call a console application within a web application in c# string file = Server.MapPath(@"consoleapplication1.exe"); ProcessStartInfo info = new ProcessStartInfo(file); info.RedirectStandardOutput = true; info.UseShellExecute = false; Process p = Process.Start(info); p.Start(); Response.Write(p.StandardOutput.R...

How to call a windows based application through a web based application
 Hi All, I am using a web based application in which i need a particular windows based application at a given time when the user wants it. But i am not able to link them. Plz give any solution Ok this will be a good game for you. Go to the local computer whose windows application is to be accessed. Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, browse to Component Services->My COmputer ->DCOM Config -> Here select your application..right click it..select properties...click security tab...access permission...customize...edit....in access permission ...

web application & mobile web application
Hi all,I am new to mobile web application and I am assigned to do some changes to the existing .net application. The application is a .net web application, and the hand held scanner is used to access the web forms. Till now, I thought it is only possible to access the web forms if they were developed using mobile web forms. But these forms were not developed using mobile web forms instead they were developed using asp.net.Is it possible to develop the application using .net and access through the handhelds? If so, is there any considerations for that?Anyone please explain me. I would really ...

Web resources about - Calling PB application from other web application - sybase.powerscript

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...