Acrobat Reader OCX Crashes after opening 10 PDF's

I have a problem with the Acrobat Reader OCX. If I open 10 PDF's into
the Reader OCX then if I try to open the 11th PDF it displays it as a
blank (no Reader controls or anything. Trying to open the 12th causes a
"PB Application Execution Error (R0039)" "Error accessing external
object property src at line 23 in clicked event of object cb_1 of
w_genapp_sheet."

Below is the sample code to try for yourself. It is a window that has a
button (cb_1) and an OLE Custom Control (ole_1) into which I inserted
the "Acrobat Control for ActiveX" from the "Insert Object" dialog
window.

The code goes into cb_1:

ole_1.object.src = "c:\1.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 1")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\2.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 2")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\3.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 3")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\4.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 4")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\5.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 5")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\6.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 6")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\7.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 7")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\8.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 8")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\9.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 9")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\10.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 10")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\11.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 11")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\12.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 12")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\13.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 13")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\14.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 14")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\15.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 15")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\16.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 16")
ole_1.object.src = "c:\17.pdf"
messagebox("", "PDF 17")

I have tried a similar setup to this in Visual Basic and I could spend
the day opening PDF's and it never crashes.
If anyone has any comments, observations, feedback, hint, tips then let
them be known.

Thanks in advance.
Richard
0