DynaScript objects stored in the session object?

I just want to see if anyone has had problems storing DynaScript objects
in the session?  I want to be as OO as possible, and if I can carry
objects around with me in the session, it would be great.  I've been
outta NID/PD for a while, and am starting a new project.

Dave Wolf
Sybase Professional Services

0
David
3/2/1998 2:47:39 PM
sybase.powerdynamo 591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We haven't had any problems (so far) storing a connection object as a
session var.

David Lance Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in article
<34FAC68A.AFA057D8@sybase.com>...
> I just want to see if anyone has had problems storing DynaScript objects
> in the session?  I want to be as OO as possible, and if I can carry
> objects around with me in the session, it would be great.  I've been
> outta NID/PD for a while, and am starting a new project.
>
> Dave Wolf
> Sybase Professional Services

0
Darrell
3/2/1998 1:48:54 PM
Darrell Fuller wrote:

> We haven't had any problems (so far) storing a connection object as a
> session var.
>
> David Lance Wolf <dwolf@sybase.com> wrote in article
> <34FAC68A.AFA057D8@sybase.com>...
> > I just want to see if anyone has had problems storing DynaScript objects
> > in the session?  I want to be as OO as possible, and if I can carry
> > objects around with me in the session, it would be great.  I've been
> > outta NID/PD for a while, and am starting a new project.
> >
> > Dave Wolf
> > Sybase Professional Services

Last August with NID1.2 I worked on storing a "connection" object within
a session.  My objective was to create a "temporary connection" with a
user's database authentication which would last for the life of the
user's sesssion.   This worked, but I had a problem with concurrency:
I had multiple frames which were loading concurrently and each needed to
use this connection -- unfortunately they would step on each other.   So
if you just need to be executing one database thread/user at a time,
this should work.
ken harkness
the johns hopkins hospital
0
Kenneth

Object Session
Hi!, I have a file named cDatos.cs with the following lines:  this.usuario = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["usuario"].ToString(); this.contrasena = System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["password"].ToString(); this.obtenerConexion(System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session["nombrecompania"].ToString());  I call this code from another class who I instantiate from an aspx page, but I receive the following error:{"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."} Any hint on this?regards, -eduardo s.m. &nbs...

detailsview and objects (and objects inside objects inside objects)
hi there!as I was browsing through the posts related to the detailsview I couldn't find someone with the problem I'm facing so I decided to post here...well, I was able to bound an object datasource into my gridview and detailsview, it deletes and shows the data very well, BUT inside the object, there's another object, for example, I have bound a class called Province and inside the Province class there's the Country class indicating the data from the related country, to edit and/or insert I have placed a drop down list so the user selects the country from a drop down list, everything seems ...

Save object ot session and session to object
  TextBox textBox1 = new TextBox();        textBox1.Text = "Hai";        Session["Test"] = textBox1;        TextBox textBox2 = new TextBox();        textBox2 = (TextBox)Session["Test"];        String St = textBox2.Text; why do you want to keep the foll textbox in the session. whta you would mainly require is the text of the textbox to be stored in the session.  so modify your co...

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not
i have an asp.net 2.0 web application. it has several webpages. there is one main page that has linkbuttons to navigate to the other pages. i am using Response.Redirect() to pass variables from the main page to the other pages. everythng is working fine when i debug and run it in my localhost. but after publishing it and uploading to the site itself, then i'm getting the error: Server Error in '/' Application. Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a re...

Question: Difference in Session objects in global.asax and session objects in WebPages (Timeouts)
In my ASP.NET 2.0 web application, in the Session_Start event in global.asax, I create an object and save it to the session as : Session["MyObject"] = myObject; In the Page_Load of the Default.aspx page execution, I save a count to the session object using a Property as shown below: protected int TabCount{ get { return Convert.ToInt32(this.Session["TabCount"]); }set { this.Session["TabCount"] = value; } } What I noticed that, if I leave the webpage idle for about 20 mins or so, and then initiate a postback from any con...

Storing Objects in Session
I was wondering if it would be good to store user created objects in the Session object. For some of my more complicated variable storage I figured it would save space and time not accessing the hashtable so much. Well here is the Code. It works (its simple). So what are the good points and the bad points to using this method as opposed to viewstate and other things. //this is just basic class public class SessDataTest { private string _name; public string Name { get { return _name; } set { _name=value; } ...

Session Object in PowerDynamo
Where is the session object stored? At the client (browser) or the server? Thanks Prashanth I have 2 .stm pages. In the first I initialize the session object with a variable value called Loannumber with a value of 1. If the form is submitted then in the second page the session.Loannumber is not defined. But if I proceed to the next page then the value of session.Loannumber is available. I wonder what is the desired behavior of the session object? Thanks Prashanth Prashanth Sutram wrote: > Where is the session object stored? At the client (browser) or the > serve...

Storing an Object in a Session
Hello, I have a user object that gets populated with the user's data (from the database) once they login. Once that happens, I want to store that object in a Session so that I will be able to access it's Properties from any page. How would one go about doing this? User myUser = new User("Chris", "Lee") Session["sUser"] = myUser; Would this be correct? How would I retrieve the values? Thanks for any help! Chris You take advantage of the fact that if a key doesn't exist in the session it will return null.So you have code something like this User user = (User) Sessio...

Storing Objects in Session
Hello all, I would like to get as many opinions as possile on this subject... Storing Objects in Session State Is it a good or bad thing to do? What are the limits or the threshhold of objects in session? I am looking for considerations on the size and amount of objects, the amount of users using the system at any give time... basically any info that I can get on the subject would be great. If anyone has any articles or tutorials please post them. Thanks Quick and dirty guide to session based objects: 1.) If they're COM objects, especially ones writte in VB, do NOT s...

storing an object in session
I have a wierd problem (how unusual (-;). I have stored an instance of a custom class in session -Dim myObject as New myObject() Session("myObject") = myObjectAnd, I get no errors, so I assume that this an OK thing to do. But, I run into trouble when I try to remove the object from Session -If Not Session("myObject") Is Nothing Then Response.Write("Object exists in session") Session.Remove("myObject") 'Session.Abandon() If Not Session("myObject") Is Nothing Then Response.Write("Object STILL exists in sessi...

Session storing Objects
Hi all,Could somebody tell me why I can not recover the values stored in my session?i.eSession.add("one","1") --> works, I can recover its value, butClass Number   id as int   name as stringdim num as Number=New Number()num.id=1num.name="one"Session.add("one",num)--> after make a response to go to another page, I loose the data stored in this session.Does somebody knows why??Thanks a lot,lilianaLiliana Auquilla P. Do you have cookies turned on? Sessions require cookies unless you turn them off in the web.config file.Nick Yes, I have, that's why I said Session.It...

Storing Objects in Sessions
I need to know if it is right to store complete objects in sessions. Please note that these objects may also be composite, that is they may contain other objects as well. For example the Contact object will contain phoneNumber object. Also i need to know the performance implications. I have user controls and i cant find a way to know that the user is no more in that control and hence remove those objects from session. ThanksShoaib MehmoodIT ConsultantTechweaverswww.tech-weavers.com Thanks,ShivaIf(MyPost Helps You)“Mark as Answer” hi, it is not suggested to store the objects in session....

how to save non page object to session object
i have a seperate class which i want to access the session state from. as a workaround i am able to access the session state by inheriting from the Page class. but this seems a waste as I dont need any other Page features. i.e. public class Stopwatch : Page //inherit from Page class to get access to session object { ... } is there a more efficient way to gain access to the session object from my class? thanks. thanks - never mind - ive worked this out for myself now....

Session
I  am developing web application using  Csharp. I  have  using a session asFirst I have declared  Cstudent as int on top thenCstudent=int.Parse(Session["StNO"].ToString()); But, I  am receiving the following error,Object reference not set to an instance of an object. where I am going wrong? Thanks in advance.  This will be happening because Session["StNO"] doesn't have anything in it - it is null. You will need to check for this explicitly, as you cannot call ToString on a null. Hi Mobzam, Did you checked whether you are set...

Web resources about - DynaScript objects stored in the session object? - sybase.powerdynamo