Using '[' and ']' characters...

Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server
2000?

PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures.

Example:

CREATE PROC P_Test
AS
SELECT A AS [Column A]
  FROM A_Table

Generated script:

CREATE PROC P_Test
AS
SELECT A AS Column A
  FROM A_Table

Thanks in advance,
Aiden

0
Aiden

That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition,
I get [Column A].
In 8.0 it works correctly.

--

Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org

"Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server
> 2000?
>
> PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures.
>
> Example:
>
> CREATE PROC P_Test
> AS
> SELECT A AS [Column A]
>   FROM A_Table
>
> Generated script:
>
> CREATE PROC P_Test
> AS
> SELECT A AS Column A
>   FROM A_Table
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Aiden

0
Michael
4/25/2001 1:37:21 PM
Do you think I should upgrade to PD8.0? I have been having so much problem
when using PD7.0 or 7.5 with SQL Server databases. We purchased PD7 for more
than a year already, but due to all the problems that we have with PD7, we
are still using PD6.1 for production scripts. How solid is 8.0 with SQL
Server 7 and 2000? Does anyone has similar experience with PD7?

Thanks,
Aiden

"Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" <mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com> wrote in
message news:2x9pT8YzAHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure
definition,
> I get [Column A].
> In 8.0 it works correctly.
>
> --
>
> Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> http://www.datamodel.org
>

> "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL
Server
> > 2000?
> >
> > PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored
procedures.

> > Example:
> >
> > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > AS
> > SELECT A AS [Column A]
> >   FROM A_Table
> >
> > Generated script:
> >
> > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > AS
> > SELECT A AS Column A
> >   FROM A_Table
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Aiden

0
Aiden
4/25/2001 5:35:46 PM
I had very similar experiences with 7.0 and 7.5, and advised anyone I talked
with to hold off on buying until 8.0.  I'm sorry that you got caught with it.
8.0 is much better in general, so I would certainly say that you will be happier
with it verses 7.5.

--

> Do you think I should upgrade to PD8.0? I have been having so much problem
> when using PD7.0 or 7.5 with SQL Server databases. We purchased PD7 for more
> than a year already, but due to all the problems that we have with PD7, we
> are still using PD6.1 for production scripts. How solid is 8.0 with SQL
> Server 7 and 2000? Does anyone has similar experience with PD7?
>
> Thanks,
> Aiden
>
> "Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" <mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com> wrote in
> message news:2x9pT8YzAHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> > That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure
> definition,
> > I get [Column A].
> > In 8.0 it works correctly.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> > http://www.datamodel.org
> >

> > "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL
> Server
> > > 2000?
> > >
> > > PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored
> procedures.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > > AS
> > > SELECT A AS [Column A]
> > >   FROM A_Table
> > >
> > > Generated script:
> > >
> > > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > > AS
> > > SELECT A AS Column A
> > >   FROM A_Table
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Aiden

0
Michael
4/25/2001 8:41:39 PM
Yes, I just downloaded the trial version of 8.0 today. It certainly works
better than the latest release of 7.5. So far so good! I think Sybase should
really make 8.0 as a free upgrade for 7.5 users.

message news:qBGpYpczAHA.279@forums.sybase.com...
> I had very similar experiences with 7.0 and 7.5, and advised anyone I
talked
> with to hold off on buying until 8.0.  I'm sorry that you got caught with
it.
> 8.0 is much better in general, so I would certainly say that you will be
happier
> with it verses 7.5.
>
> --
>
> Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> http://www.datamodel.org
>

> "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > Do you think I should upgrade to PD8.0? I have been having so much
problem
> > when using PD7.0 or 7.5 with SQL Server databases. We purchased PD7 for
more
> > than a year already, but due to all the problems that we have with PD7,
we
> > are still using PD6.1 for production scripts. How solid is 8.0 with SQL
> > Server 7 and 2000? Does anyone has similar experience with PD7?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aiden
> >
> > "Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" <mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com> wrote
in
> > message news:2x9pT8YzAHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> > > That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure
> > definition,
> > > I get [Column A].
> > > In 8.0 it works correctly.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > > mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> > > http://www.datamodel.org
> > >

> > > "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > Server

> > procedures.

0
Aiden
4/26/2001 12:58:56 AM
It is if you bought 7.5 recently.

--

> Yes, I just downloaded the trial version of 8.0 today. It certainly works
> better than the latest release of 7.5. So far so good! I think Sybase should
> really make 8.0 as a free upgrade for 7.5 users.
>
> Aiden
>
> "Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" <mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com> wrote in
> message news:qBGpYpczAHA.279@forums.sybase.com...
> > I had very similar experiences with 7.0 and 7.5, and advised anyone I
> talked
> > with to hold off on buying until 8.0.  I'm sorry that you got caught with
> it.
> > 8.0 is much better in general, so I would certainly say that you will be
> happier
> > with it verses 7.5.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> > http://www.datamodel.org
> >

> > "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > > Do you think I should upgrade to PD8.0? I have been having so much
> problem
> > > when using PD7.0 or 7.5 with SQL Server databases. We purchased PD7 for
> more
> > > than a year already, but due to all the problems that we have with PD7,
> we
> > > are still using PD6.1 for production scripts. How solid is 8.0 with SQL
> > > Server 7 and 2000? Does anyone has similar experience with PD7?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Aiden
> > >
> > > "Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" <mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com> wrote
> in
> > > message news:2x9pT8YzAHA.254@forums.sybase.com...
> > > definition,

> > > Server

> > > procedures.

0
Michael
4/26/2001 1:43:32 PM
Mike,

Whilst it might now work correctly in procedures in PD8, it doesn't work at all in
trigger code.
Even doubling the [[  ]] does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Milton Taylor

"Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition,
> I get [Column A].
> In 8.0 it works correctly.
>
> --
>
> Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> http://www.datamodel.org
>
> "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server
> > 2000?
> >
> > PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > AS
> > SELECT A AS [Column A]
> >   FROM A_Table
> >
> > Generated script:
> >
> > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > AS
> > SELECT A AS Column A
> >   FROM A_Table
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Aiden

0
Milton
5/9/2001 8:39:26 AM
Try this in V8.  If it is still a bug, then report it to Sybase via CaseXpress.

--

"Milton Taylor" <mctaylor@ingennia.com.au> wrote in message
> Mike,
>
> Whilst it might now work correctly in procedures in PD8, it doesn't work at
all in
> trigger code.
> Even doubling the [[  ]] does not work.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Milton Taylor
>

> "Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" wrote:
>
> > That's interesting.  In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure
definition,
> > I get [Column A].
> > In 8.0 it works correctly.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> > mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> > http://www.datamodel.org
> >
> > "Aiden Fung" <afung@wherenet.com> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL
Server
> > > 2000?
> > >
> > > PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > > AS
> > > SELECT A AS [Column A]
> > >   FROM A_Table
> > >
> > > Generated script:
> > >
> > > CREATE PROC P_Test
> > > AS
> > > SELECT A AS Column A
> > >   FROM A_Table
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Aiden

0
Michael
5/9/2001 2:25:12 PM
Actually, the problem occurs with query expressions involving
where clauses that contain certain pattern matching expressions:

eg:

where trantype like '[DC]%'

In this case, the square brackets get filtered out. It is the presence of the % sign
that
causes PD to do this.  Square brackets and % signs have special significance to PD,
but I don't know how you can 'escape' these symbols.

Rgds,
Milton Taylor

0
Milton
5/10/2001 12:13:48 AM
Please report this bug via CaseXpress.

--

> Actually, the problem occurs with query expressions involving
> where clauses that contain certain pattern matching expressions:
>
> eg:
>
> where trantype like '[DC]%'
>
> In this case, the square brackets get filtered out. It is the presence of the
% sign
> that
> causes PD to do this.  Square brackets and % signs have special significance
to PD,
> but I don't know how you can 'escape' these symbols.
>
> Rgds,
> Milton Taylor

0
Michael
5/10/2001 4:51:12 PM
OK will do...

"Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> Please report this bug via CaseXpress.
>
> --
>
> Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> http://www.datamodel.org
>
> "Milton Taylor" <mctaylor@ingennia.com.au> wrote in message
> > Actually, the problem occurs with query expressions involving
> > where clauses that contain certain pattern matching expressions:
> >
> > eg:
> >
> > where trantype like '[DC]%'
> >
> > In this case, the square brackets get filtered out. It is the presence of the
> % sign
> > that
> > causes PD to do this.  Square brackets and % signs have special significance
> to PD,
> > but I don't know how you can 'escape' these symbols.
> >
> > Rgds,
> > Milton Taylor

0
Milton

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

HOw to use __doPostback('','')?????????
Hi i use the window.open() javascript function, then i want to use the __doPostback('','') javascript function to force the page post back , so that i can use the parameter pass from the child window in the page.ispostback event. but i try to use __doPostback('','') in my 1.1 .net framework, nothing happen????? how to use the __doPostback('','') or how to let the page have .postback event?SelfConfident is get from the Xperience You need to use the server-side function: Page.GetPostBackEventReference and tell it what control's event you want to fire. The __doPostBa...

WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8'
RepServer 12.6 ESD#2 RSSD on ASE 12.5.1 ESD#2 I have the following when I created my first RepServer: 2004/06/22 11:22:04 waiting for server 'SYDNEY_RS' to boot... 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Task succeeded: start the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Running task: configure the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 SQL Server message: msg 14125, level 11, state 0 2004/06/22 11:24:18 WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8&#...

'or' or 'union'

'b'..'a'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

Re: [perl #35982] use of backslashed '-' following '$' within character class causes 'Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string' error under 'use warnings' pragma
--- yves orton via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote: > On 5/26/05, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote: > > On 26 May 2005 08:13:03 -0000, via RT fdhsbgeryft > lkjhuibfmfsi > > <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote: > ... > > > I hope I have been specific enough for you to > identify > > > this bug with relative ease, I have never > submitted a > > > bug before and I'm not exactly a professional > > > programmer > > Try www.perlmonks.org next time you suspect you've > found a bug...

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

'To', 'CC', & 'BCC'
Name: Dick Tracy Email: philipdottracyatoptusnetdotcomdotau Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'To', 'CC', & 'BCC' Comments: I have just started using Thunderbird and while I find it quite excellent- I suggest having a button to add addressees to 'BCC' as well. Currently each 'BCC' addressee has to be selected manually. I send e-mail to quite a number of people at a time and I do not wish to readily spread others addresses easily. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0....

Web resources about - Using '[' and ']' characters... - sybase.powerdesigner.general